Top Winnipeg Jets Prospects #21-25 (leftovers)

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Voted Glover, Poolman, Blomqvist

Phillips could be something but it will be tough with all of the other goalie prospects we have

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Phillips
Kichton
Glover
Lodge

The 5th one was the hardest to choose, but if we are going with the greatest shot to play in the NHL than I choose Melchiori. If it were pure upside, I might have gone with Poolman or Karlstrom.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Phillips
Kichton
Glover
Lodge

The 5th one was the hardest to choose, but if we are going with the greatest shot to play in the NHL than I choose Melchiori. If it were pure upside, I might have gone with Poolman or Karlstrom.

I had the same first four. For the 5th I reluctantly went with poolman

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I think its almost a certainty that Phillips and Melchiori will end up being the 2 guys who dress for the most NHL games. Some smart GM should really try and acquire Phillips.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Tucker Poolman
Jimmy Lodge
Brenden Kichton
Marcus Karlstrom
Jamie Phillips

No Glover.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
People love Blomqvist because he is big - despite the fact that he doesn't play big.

What exactly does playing big mean? He protects the puck really well, is good at establishing body position out front of the net, uses his reach effectively in all 3 zones, wins board battles. I'd say he uses his size very effectively much like a prime Dustin Penner or Nik Antropov.

There's 5 left here that are easily above the rest, IMO.

Glover, Blomqvist, Phillips, Lodge, Kichton

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What exactly does playing big mean? He protects the puck really well, is good at establishing body position out front of the net, uses his reach effectively in all 3 zones, wins board battles. I'd say he uses his size very effectively much like a prime Dustin Penner or Nik Antropov.

I voted for Olsen but should have had Lodge. Poolman is 'iffy' but so are all of these. I left out Phillips because it was only last season that hinted at pro potential and because he is a goalie (and you know what they say about goalies). So I would say your 5 + Poolman. All have some chance of playing in the NHL. The rest? Near to but not quite zero chances.

Still, 26 prospects that have a shot is pretty impressive depth.

AngelicAssassin*

Jimmy Lodge
Jamie Phillips
Tucker Poolman
Brendan Kitchon
Jack Glover

If I could pick a sixth it would be Axel Blomqvist who could wind up better than any of the above.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
1. Glover 2. Blomqvist 3. Telegin 4. Poolman 5. Nogier

If Ivan can return to the promise shown with the Colts....Look out!! He'll be the unexpected and pleasant surprise. He's a 'pure' goal scorer with silky slick hands. :popcorn:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

I have used the same comparisons for Blomqvist. I see the same possesion tools, but I don't think he uses his reach all that well. He isn't really a beast in front of the net either.
- I am curious to see what happens when (if) he fills out.

To clarify what I was saying - and I very clearly wasn't clear...

I get the impression that a load of people like him for the same reason that people liked Sol. Because they envision a big beastly power player. Blomqvist is not that.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
If Ivan can return to the promise shown with the Colts....Look out!! He'll be the unexpected and pleasant surprise. He's a 'pure' goal scorer with silky slick hands. :popcorn:

I was considering that as well - I still hope he comes back because he is good but at this point it seems unlikely :(

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I have used the same comparisons for Blomqvist. I see the same possesion tools, but I don't think he uses his reach all that well. He isn't really a beast in front of the net either.
- I am curious to see what happens when (if) he fills out.

To clarify what I was saying - and I very clearly wasn't clear...

I get the impression that a load of people like him for the same reason that people liked Sol. Because they envision a big beastly power player. Blomqvist is not that.

Nobody that actually knew the game liked Sol. I mean he was horrendous at every level.

I like Blomqvist quite a lot and know exactly how he plays. He may not be a beast out front but his size helps him establish position quite well. His soft hands helps him score from there. We'll see but I like his presence, but it's not something that's going to stand out. He is not going to stand out at AHL with eye popping numbers but he can be effective NHLer like a Dwight King in LA as well as his numbers will transition better.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Glover
Blomqvist
Olsen
Poolman
Telegin

I gave Telegin the vote, not that I necessarily anticipate him being a Jet, but simply that I like his game (or at least, what it was when I last saw him) more so then everyone else beyond the other 4 names in my list. Meh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad