Top Undrafted Free Agents for the Hawks to Target

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hoefenmayer is a a great puck moving dman and am elite PP qb for that top PP for the 67s in Ottawa...he is sill unsigned but has been out with injury for the last few games ...his defending his own zone is I would say
quite a erage but he is a very good skater so probably needs to just get stronger and hopefully better in defending as he gains maturity and experience in the NHL game...whether that defensive development needs to be home with AHL experience..that I am unsure of...BUT as for running a POhe would be better than any Blackhawks player we have running our PP at point now...you put him and Regula at the 2 points and such a pp would sing!Tge point qb with a great pintvshotvtoo + a 2nd great shot firing from the other point.

If we could land Rossi in the draft then sign free agents Hoefenmayer and free agent winge rAusten Keating ...then thse 3 Ottawa67s plus Tegula at tgebothervpintvand I guarantee you Hawks wiukd have an elitec PP group ...thenothercwinger would be either KaneborcKunalik..I would for Kubalik with that group out on the ice because they would fit together well whereas Kane is a focal point dictating a different style...which partially explains why our current pp is either worst in the NHL or near the worst.

Anyway...as of now Hoefenmayer has not signed with an nhl team..
He was drafted in 2017 by Arizona in the 4th round...and is 21 years old now so does not have to go back in the draft (if he was 20batvdraft time he would need tobdobthat)...so to me he IS FREE to sign with any NHL team.

Last edited:
Reactions: KWP

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hoefenmayer is a a great puck moving dman and am elite PP qb for that top PP for the 67s in Ottawa...he is sill unsigned but has been out with injury for the last few games ...his defending his own zone is I would say
quite a erage but he is a very good skater so probably needs to just get stronger and hopefully better in defending as he gains maturity and experience in the NHL game...whether that defensive development needs to be home with AHL experience..that I am unsure of...BUT as for running a POhe would be better than any Blackhawks player we have running our PP at point now...you put him and Regula at the 2 points and such a pp would sing!Tge point qb with a great pintvshotvtoo + a 2nd great shot firing from the other point.

If we could land Rossi in the draft then sign free agents Hoefenmayer and free agent winge rAusten Keating ...then thse 3 Ottawa67s plus Tegula at tgebothervpintvand I guarantee you Hawks wiukd have an elitec PP group ...thenothercwinger would be either KaneborcKunalik..I would for Kubalik with that group out on the ice because they would fit together well whereas Kane is a focal point dictating a different style...which partially explains why our current pp is either worst in the NHL or near the worst.

Anyway...as of now Hoefenmayer has not signed with an nhl team..
He was drafted in 2017 by Arizona in the 4th round...and is 21 years old now so does not have to go back in the draft (if he was 20batvdraft time he would need tobdobthat)...so to me he IS FREE to sign with any NHL team.
Hoefenmayer probably tops out as a 7thD, but if Rockford needs more bodies I think he'd make for an effective AHLer.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Okay let's not waste any time, Stan. Get me Neumann and Pasichnuk. (Hamblin would be okay too)

Last edited:

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Powers dropped some names in today's article:

"Forward Josh Dunne and defenseman Jack Ahcan are two of the better college players available."

Thoughts?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Powers dropped some names in today's article:

"Forward Josh Dunne and defenseman Jack Ahcan are two of the better college players available."

Thoughts?
Ahcan has some talent, but he is a small PMD type. I dunno if we have a need for that, but I wouldn't complain if they signed him. I don't really know anything about Dunne. To me Pasichnuk is the best college player we could go after. Not sure why Powers didn't mention him.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Ahcan has some talent, but he is a small PMD type. I dunno if we have a need for that, but I wouldn't complain if they signed him. I don't really know anything about Dunne. To me Pasichnuk is the best college player we could go after. Not sure why Powers didn't mention him.

Signed with Boston today anyway

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Pasichnuck signs with San Jose.

Stan I swear to god you better get Brett Neumann.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Wow I did not know Melnichuk was only 21. Got some great numbers too in the KHL. Would be a hell of a get and likely the goalie of the future. Who knows if we're even in on him though (or on his list).
He definitely would have the most upside of any one in our goalie group. People are saying that he may be the most talented undrafted netminder since Bobrovsky.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
duck it pass me some kool aid musto
NippyEverlastingBumblebee-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad