Top Shelf Prospects: Coyotes Top 10 Prospects and Sleeper

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
BA said he asked Hayton to bulk up in one of his interviews. If Hayton has done that without losing any speed, I'd imagine he makes the opening roster. At that point, the only thing really missing from being a bottom 6 NHL player is his mental ability to keep up with an NHL pace. Hayton isn't a shoot first player so I'm not too concerned about his game translating to the NHL as long as he's physically and mentally capable of handling the NHL from a defensive standpoint.

Maybe pair him with Dvorak and have them flip at center every so often.

Dvorak - Hayton - RW

Reactions: PuckLife

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
There are a number of options. As you said, Schmaltz could be pushed to the wing. There are also plenty of rumours of Dvorak being traded. A new coach could decide Dvorak should be matched against the other team's top line instead of Larsson. There could be injuries. Etc.... I don't think the lineup is quite so set in stone as you make it out to be.
Fair.

The last time Hayton did anything in a hockey game to impress anyone was 599 days ago. That's my concern. He's been wildly disappointing for 599 days. I want him to prove he can be a bonafide 1st line center in the AHL. Maybe that's not necessary. Maybe he proves that in only 10 games down there and says "I told you so. You've now wasted three weeks for no reason, at all". I'm willing to pay that price, personally.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
BA said he asked Hayton to bulk up in one of his interviews. If Hayton has done that without losing any speed, I'd imagine he makes the opening roster. At that point, the only thing really missing from being a bottom 6 NHL player is his mental ability to keep up with an NHL pace. Hayton isn't a shoot first player so I'm not too concerned about his game translating to the NHL as long as he's physically and mentally capable of handling the NHL from a defensive standpoint.

Maybe pair him with Dvorak and have them flip at center every so often.

Dvorak - Hayton - RW

Hopefully Hayton didn't ask Kessel for bulking up tips.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
After reading a long description of his playing style, you assume I am only looking at his numbers and that I haven't seen him play?
I'm fine with you disagreeing with me... but don't make assumptions that I haven't seen a player play.
I wasn’t talking about watching tape.
Had I known you were sensitive I wouldn’t have posted any snark. Sorry to have offended you.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So he got fat. Nobody puts on 15 lbs of muscle in a couple months. Even hard core bodybuilders supplementing with test, growth hormone and tren can't do that.
Not sure about this. Barry Bonds did it in an off season IIRC.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
So he got fat. Nobody puts on 15 lbs of muscle in a couple months. Even hard core bodybuilders supplementing with test, growth hormone and tren can't do that.

Lol. Watch him show up next season with a deeper voice, looking like a man instead of a 15yo with a mustache lol.

Maybe he just had a growth spurt?

Reactions: Heldig

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
It doesnt all have to be pure muscle....Keller could use a little fat if we are being honest.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
If anyone makes the team out of camp, I'm personally expecting Jenik to be at the head of the queue. He's shown more progress than Hayton in the last 2 years despite his injuries.

At least for the forwards anyway. Who knows when it comes to Provolnev/Moser/Kolya/Lyubushkin/Capo..

Art.Vandelay

@kash2112
Aug 2, 2005
Glendale, AZ
Show up looking like member of the East German women's swim team.
keller.jpg

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Show up looking like member of the East German women's swim team.
I dated a woman in college who had been a competitive swimmer in high school whose initials happened to be DDR. I used to tease her about that. She owned it, said she would wear a warm-up jacket with 'DDR' on it.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad