Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
I think so, especially the way his development has come along. This is not to say that he will sign with Nashville this off-season, although anything is possible.

Fleury and Smallz: What specifically would like to know about them?

Well if you could provide me with what kind of player they are and also whether you think they have a shot at the NHL in the future I would really appreciate it

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
BTW, I'm hearing that J.T. Brown (Minnesota-Duluth) is close to signing an NHL contract.

The scuttlebutt going around seems to indicate that he'll sign with the Flyers. Whether that's true or not, remains to be seen. I'm just passing along the info.

For those of you that missed it, Minnesota-Duluth was sent home by Boston College last night in the Northeast Regional Final of the NCAA Tournament.

Would make sense that he signs with the Flyers their prospect pool is crap. Guys like Red and Zolerczuk played in the NHL less than a year after signing.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Would make sense that he signs with the Flyers their prospect pool is crap. Guys like Red and Zolerczuk played in the NHL less than a year after signing.

But why risk getting sent to Adirondack like Zolnierczyk when he could walk right on to the top 6 of garbage team like Montreal or Columbus?

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
But why risk getting sent to Adirondack like Zolnierczyk when he could walk right on to the top 6 of garbage team like Montreal or Columbus?

Because then you are the garbage team's property until your 27 years old. Plus who do you think you will put up better numbers with before you hit free agency: playing on the wing with Giroux, Schenn, Couturier or Tomas Plekanec and David Desharnias?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Western Michigan sophomore D Danny DeKeyser, arguably top U.S. college free agent, has decided to return to school next season.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
So who does everyone think is the top college UFA now with Dekeyser returning to school?

Not including Schultz because he is technically still property of the Ducks right now

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So who does everyone think is the top college UFA now with Dekeyser returning to school?

Not including Schultz because he is technically still property of the Ducks right now

his teammate Matt Tennyson - defense.

how this kid isnt drafted or signed yet is mind numbing to me.

all around solid player. big 6'2 215lbs with a cannon shot, solid skating and vision, and oh yeah; the kid crunches people. he has come a long way on his defensive game this year, and has been named multiple times dman of the week for the CCHA.

came away so impressed with him last year after checking on Balisy, this kid has to get signed by someone this year, likely the San Jose Sharks. home town kid and the Sharks have shown big interest in him.

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
If Nate Schmidt from Minnesota considers turning pro he'll get a lot of attention. His game has grown by leaps and bounds the last two years and he played huge on the big stage this past weekend.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Per Bob McKenzie, Washington signs Cam Schilling.

Also, Winnipeg signs Will O'Neill.

Kevin Pates ‏ @patesonskates:

"Minnesota Duluth senior center Travis Oleksuk has signed with San Jose Sharks. Likely to finish school year and report to Worcester in fall"

For those interested, there's an NCAA signing thread in the NCAA section of the boards, too.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
How good is Shilling?

Very good. As I just posted on the Caps prospects board, he's an excellent defensive defenseman who plays responsibly and with a bit of an edge. He won't be a big time scorer like Justin Schultz, but he will score a few goals. He has great shot too. But his best asset IMO is his strong defensive zone play. He takes really good care of his own. He can shut opposing players down effectively with his size (6'2", about 200 lbs), strength and stick.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Very good. As I just posted on the Caps prospects board, he's an excellent defensive defenseman who plays responsibly and with a bit of an edge. He won't be a big time scorer like Justin Schultz, but he will score a few goals. He has great shot too. But his best asset IMO is his strong defensive zone play. He takes really good care of his own. He can shut opposing players down effectively with his size (6'2", about 200 lbs), strength and stick.

Who are the remaining defensemen available that could have an impact at he NHL level? To your knowledge, are the Flyers interested in any of them?

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Who are the remaining defensemen available that could have an impact at he NHL level? To your knowledge, are the Flyers interested in any of them?

You mean aside from DeKeyser?

If that's the case, the best one still out there IMO is Brady Lamb (Minnesota-Duluth). I know that several NHL teams have been interested in him for awhile, but I haven't heard any mention of the Flyers being among them. That's not to say that they're not looking at him. Maybe they are, but I personally haven't heard anything.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

I missed those two signings!:sarcasm: Homer did sign Matt Read who is having a very good rookie season and Harry Zolnierczyk is doing well in the AHL.

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Tanner Fritz - The Ohio State

I watched Tanner play last year on an extremely weak AJHL Storm team - his 2-way game is exceptional - his best skill, IMO, is his instinct as a PK-er! I think he will garner seme NHL interest based on the well-rounded game he plays. He had a successful rookie campaign @ The Ohio State this year with 16 pts!!

Any other comments on Tanner's game??

I know this a little off topic, but doesn anyone know if in a year or two Tanner Fritz will get some considerations by NHL teams

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
My gut says JT Brown chooses TBL. Learn from fellow smaller forward Marty St. Louis, and get a chance to play pretty quickly.

Eh, theres always a chance on the Flyers. Read made the team last season, and a bunch of undrafted guys the past year or two have gotten stints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad