Pre-Game Talk: Top of the Metro Battle: Isles-Pens X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
And over at the Penguins board according to them theres no rivalry!!!:shakehead its painful (somewhat funny) to read their comments!! more reason to hate more the Pinguins:laugh:

Its not surprising really. They are pretty much the top team in the East in recent history - they have everyone gunning for them.

The first step in becoming a good team is to take shots at the big cheese. And, the best thing you can hope for is for them to respond. If they take shots back, you win. You basically pick a fight with the team you want to surpass. The guy on top should basically ignore the interloper. If they feed the fire they are just acknowledging that they are on your level.

And while we really dislike the Penguins, Penguin fans don't really consider the Islanders all that much. If we won the playoff series it would have been one thing. But, while it was a tough matchup, they ultimately moved on. And fight night at the Coliseum is pretty much a distant memory.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
And over at the Penguins board according to them theres no rivalry!!!:shakehead its painful (somewhat funny) to read their comments!! more reason to hate more the Pinguins:laugh:

Which is fine but I'm curious how the players feel. That was Clutterbuck talking, not us trash talking. I bet there is fire between both benches.

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
What do we have to lose?

Nobody can beat Pitt lately anyway. We might as well try to throw them off their game.

I hear ya. I guess I would just rather prefer we let our play on the ice do the talking. Either way, I am hoping that we can take both games, but I will be content with a split.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
if you have a car goto vincents clam bar. 5 min from the coliseum, amazing old school italian food at reasonable prices...some decent beers as well, and obv good wine if thats your thing....they have signed pictures on the wall of tons of former isles/rangers/hockey players and you will be sure to see a nice amount of isles jerseys in there pregame...

http://www.vincentsclambar.com/

If you have a car, there are dozens of restaurants within 5 mins. Vincents is much better than Borrelli's (across the street from coliseum), though for walking distance Borrelli's is passable.

Love Vincents, but actually their wine selection is disappointing for a good Italian place. Don't let that stop you from going. Grandma's Sunday Gravy is worth the trip, and for my money the best chicken parm anywhere. Enormous portions too, prepare for leftovers. Not unusual to see players eating there on off days.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Hey guys, I did not see a "what to do in our city" thread so I figured I would ask my question in this thread.

My friends and I are going to the game on saturday and we were wondering if there was a good restaurant around the arena which serves honest food at reasonable prices. Also, are there cool places where we could hang out before and after the game?

If my post isn't in the good thread, feel free to move it.

Thanks!

What kind of food do you want?

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
if you have a car goto vincents clam bar. 5 min from the coliseum, amazing old school italian food at reasonable prices...some decent beers as well, and obv good wine if thats your thing....they have signed pictures on the wall of tons of former isles/rangers/hockey players and you will be sure to see a nice amount of isles jerseys in there pregame...

http://www.vincentsclambar.com/

Pretty good suggestion, this is definitly an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad