2 points - Take it and run :handclap:
3 points - Now that's what I'm talking about!!! :yo: :yo:
4 points - HOLY CRAP FIRST PLACE!!!!! :banana: :cheers::hyper: :wave:

Worst case scenario: 12-8 (still good)
Best case scenario: 14-6 (amazing)

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I want the Isles to fly out the gates with their most physical game of the year. I think that will be the key to this home and home series. Win the physical battles, break their will and hit anything not in an Islander uniform. Take the Penguins off their game plan and MAKE THEM PAY! I think it would be a mistake to go toe to toe against their offense. We can't give the princess and the the Russian lug-head to get into any kind of rhythm. No excuse not to have a tight, hard (none of that powder puff stuff they have been delivering lately) checking game with Clutterbuck, Martin, and Boychuk on the team. What are we paying these guys for anyways? Kulemin and Lee ought to be nailing people left and right every night. Have either of these actually hit anyone this year? What about that Nelson guy? 6'3 215 pounds and hits like a fairy. I want to see bodies flying, I want to see a Hamonic special on Malkin. Make them pay! That's all I have to say.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
I want the Isles to fly out the gates with their most physical game of the year. I think that will be the key to this home and home series. Win the physical battles, break their will and hit anything not in an Islander uniform. Take the Penguins off their game plan and MAKE THEM PAY! I think it would be a mistake to go toe to toe against their offense. We can't give the princess and the the Russian lug-head to get into any kind of rhythm. No excuse not to have a tight, hard (none of that powder puff stuff they have been delivering lately) checking game with Clutterbuck, Martin, and Boychuk on the team. What are we paying these guys for anyways? Kulemin and Lee ought to be nailing people left and right every night. Have either of these actually hit anyone this year? What about that Nelson guy? 6'3 215 pounds and hits like a fairy. I want to see bodies flying, I want to see a Hamonic special on Malkin. Make them pay! That's all I have to say.

Anyone on Long Island up for going to a bar to watch the game tomorrow night? I went to The Good Life in Massapequa Park after being at the game Tuesday and it was nice if low key.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
How perfect will this be if we win Friday and have a packed house Saturday for Billy Smith night with a chance to take sole possession of first place.. Remembering how is was two years ago when we were chanting "we want playoffs" during our late season run and then the whole playoff series energy level in the stands., I feel that the atmosphere will be off the charts at the Coli.. I want nothing more than one more sweet run and waking up some of the old ghosts of stanley cups past before we close down the old place..

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
How perfect will this be if we win Friday and have a packed house Saturday for Billy Smith night with a chance to take sole possession of first place.. Remembering how is was two years ago when we were chanting "we want playoffs" during our late season run and then the whole playoff series energy level in the stands., I feel that the atmosphere will be off the charts at the Coli.. I want nothing more than one more sweet run and waking up some of the old ghosts of stanley cups past before we close down the old place..

I'll be there Saturday as I'm home for Thanksgiving break, and I cannot contain my excitement!!!

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
From the Pittsburgh GDT:

We are not in a place where we can talk smack like that, to be honest.

Yeah we are. This team has confidence and should be channeling it.

Also, if you want to be part of the big boy club, you better act like it. This team can beat any team in the league and if they doubt it for a second then they wouldn't be 12-6.

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
@StapeNewsday: All #Isles present and accounted for at practice today -- Boychuk, Grabner included. Grabner traveling with team to Pitt today.

@StapeNewsday: Doesn't mean Grabner will be activated for tomorrow's game. That decision will be made tomorrow. #Isles

https://twitter.com/stapenewsday/status/535490781864534016

Me thinks a fresh Grabner is activated on Saturday, especially considering it's a back to back.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
From the Pittsburgh GDT:

Actually yes we can when we're nipping on their heals at the current moment.

Now if we we're 3rd-4th below then no. Plus, even if he does feel like you feel, he's firing up his teammates.

Damn! I thought game 1 of this was tonight. I didn't realize they were back to back (Friday and Saturday).

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
if they can some how get 4 pts from the pens it will be huge. the pens know this, and i expect them to come out just as hard as us.

won tickets for the game sat night from this newsday contest. Can't wait, place will be rockin'

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
if they can some how get 4 pts from the pens it will be huge. the pens know this, and i expect them to come out just as hard as us.

won tickets for the game sat night from this newsday contest. Can't wait, place will be rockin'

Crap. I wanted to win those tickets. You Stole my tickets!:rant:

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
I really love this rivalry we have going with the Penguins. I think we win both :D

And over at the Penguins board according to them theres no rivalry!!!:shakehead its painful (somewhat funny) to read their comments!! more reason to hate more the Pinguins:laugh:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
And over at the Penguins board according to them theres no rivalry!!!:shakehead its painful (somewhat funny) to read their comments!! more reason to hate more the Pinguins:laugh:

Being naturally arrogant and entitled like all Pens fans, I was just wondering why it is that our view that there is no real rivalry yet is so bizarre? I mean, compared to Philly, Boston, Rangers, Caps and Detroit... there really is none. Considering the number of playoff match-ups with Ottawa, there is more there also.

I mean, this is not to say that you might not have a top 2-3 team in the Metro today, you most likely do. It is by far the strongest roster you've had in many years and clearly it is no longer a "play your backup and win - or it is embarrassing" kind of game.
But we did beat you in the only playoff clash we had, and our record against you over the last many years is pretty one-sided. Despite Bylsma and occasionally Fleury.

This is a bit like Pens fans who for years and years considered it a rivalry against Philly, where they saw us as a nearby door mat. Until we started beating them of course.

There's nothing arrogant or unnatural about this. I think the second best roster in the East is Tampa, and they are not a "rival" either.

giddy up*

From the Pittsburgh GDT:

What do we have to lose?

Nobody can beat Pitt lately anyway. We might as well try to throw them off their game.

giddy up*

Being naturally arrogant and entitled like all Pens fans, I was just wondering why it is that our view that there is no real rivalry yet is so bizarre? I mean, compared to Philly, Boston, Rangers, Caps and Detroit... there really is none. Considering the number of playoff match-ups with Ottawa, there is more there also.

I mean, this is not to say that you might not have a top 2-3 team in the Metro today, you most likely do. It is by far the strongest roster you've had in many years and clearly it is no longer a "play your backup and win - or it is embarrassing" kind of game.
But we did beat you in the only playoff clash we had, and our record against you over the last many years is pretty one-sided. Despite Bylsma and occasionally Fleury.

This is a bit like Pens fans who for years and years considered it a rivalry against Philly, where they saw us as a nearby door mat. Until we started beating them of course.

There's nothing arrogant or unnatural about this. I think the second best roster in the East is Tampa, and they are not a "rival" either.

Lots if backhanded insults peppered throughout this post.

Take a hike.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
From the Pittsburgh GDT:

Yeah we can. If anyone, 'stache can talk the talk because he will walk the walk, putting the hurt on Pens from the start. It might also make them focus on a 4th line banger instead of our skill guys.
Time to make the hockey world sit up and take notice. Something is different on Long Island. We WILL be heard from.

LGI

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah we can. If anyone, 'stache can talk the talk because he will walk the walk, putting the hurt on Pens from the start. It might also make them focus on a 4th line banger instead of our skill guys.
Time to make the hockey world sit up and take notice. Something is different on Long Island. We WILL be heard from.

LGI

I agree, but on some level it's unfortunate that so many of us (myself included) are going to impose a narrative on these two games, despite the four points being worth the same as the two wins over Carolina. Yes, these are important games, but they won't decide the division or solidify a playoff spot. It's way too early to be thinking in those terms. Glancing over the schedule, this stretch in January will tell us a lot more than two games in November:
TUE JAN 13, 2015 ISLANDERS RANGERS
FRI JAN 16, 2015 PENGUINS ISLANDERS
SAT JAN 17, 2015 ISLANDERS CANADIENS
MON JAN 19, 2015 FLYERS ISLANDERS
TUE JAN 27, 2015 RANGERS ISLANDERS
THU JAN 29, 2015 BRUINS ISLANDERS

I don't think it matters if Clutterbuck talks trash. Kind of a no-risk proposition, since very few people expect us to win both games.

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
Hey guys, I did not see a "what to do in our city" thread so I figured I would ask my question in this thread.

My friends and I are going to the game on saturday and we were wondering if there was a good restaurant around the arena which serves honest food at reasonable prices. Also, are there cool places where we could hang out before and after the game?

If my post isn't in the good thread, feel free to move it.

Thanks!

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Hey guys, I did not see a "what to do in our city" thread so I figured I would ask my question in this thread.

My friends and I are going to the game on saturday and we were wondering if there was a good restaurant around the arena which serves honest food at reasonable prices. Also, are there cool places where we could hang out before and after the game?

Thanks!

The area around the coliseum sucks. For the convenience factor, your best bet is to go to champs inside the Marriott which is across the parking lot from the main gate.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc

Thanks!

if you have a car goto vincents clam bar. 5 min from the coliseum, amazing old school italian food at reasonable prices...some decent beers as well, and obv good wine if thats your thing....they have signed pictures on the wall of tons of former isles/rangers/hockey players and you will be sure to see a nice amount of isles jerseys in there pregame...

http://www.vincentsclambar.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad