Top DMan Prospects not in NHL

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I have to ask why you say he is overrated, have you seen him play?

Of course I have.;)

First he's still a miedfielder. Not very good in in own zone.
Second this title "best def of the 2nd best league" doesn't show much. RSL defenders aren't very good.
And one more thing: He's too emotional sometimes. Because of that he takes stupid penalties.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Bourdon, Koltsov, and Edler are all top dman prospects outside the NHL. There is however a large discrepancy from potential and how they are playing right now. For example, right now, Edler is a better defensemen then Bourdon - can't speak for Koltsov as I haven't seen him.

Right now Koltsov and Edler are pretty equal. Koltsov is better in offense, Edler in defense.

Bourdon right now is worser than both. He even isn't best def on his team.

Potential? Maybe Bordon has more than KK and AE. Edler though is mysterious. He maybe the most upgraded player in the world in last 2 years.))))))

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
I understand that he was just promoted to the bigs with NY Rangers, but Dan Girardi is a very steady and capable D-man who may make some of these lists once you see him play.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Even if we consider only prospects. 9 of TOP 10 defensive prospects are NA juniors?:biglaugh:

I made no comment on that part of your post. I just corrected you on your misunderstanding of the topic at hand.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
wow, both David Fisher and especially Alexei Emelin are better prospects then Nigel ''I have to change the league i play to do something...'' Williams

Well 26 pts in 28 games in the OHL:... yeah he move league... and it was a good thing for his development... what has the fact that he changed league anything to do with is talent? If he's performing in the OHL, that'S what I'm looking at

As a Habs fans myself I'd say that Fisher is nice but far from being top ten right now... as for Emelin (or Yemelin) what I read on him is pretty good but I'D still stick with the above mentionned

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
screw top 10, here are top 5:

1. Erik Johnson

2. Jack Johnson

3. Marc Staal

4. Luc Bourdon

5. Ryan Parent (How he is soooo underated is beyond me)

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Shawn Belle tends to get overlooked after being tossed around a couple of systems and finally sticking.

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
Too many to chose from for just a top 10.

I could easily make this a top 20 or 25... Sheesh!

1. Erik Johnson (STL)
2. Jack Johnson (LAK)
3. Marc Staal (NYR)
4. Ryan Parent (NAS)
5. Luc Bourdon (VAN)
6. Krisl Letang (PIT)
7. Matt Lashoff (BOS)
8. Cody Franson (NAS)
9. David Fischer (MTL)
10. Michael Sauer (NYR)
11. Keith Yandle (PHO)
12. Alexi Emelin (MTL)
13. Jakub Kindl (DET)
14. Ivan Baranka (NYR)
15. Kirill Koltsov (VAN)

From a Vancouver Giants fan POV Yandle, Emelin, Baranka and Koltsov are all better than Franson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad