Proposal: Top 9 forward with heart and size, willing to stick up for teammates

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
why cant the Rangers get a player like this?? it seems like a few teams have them...

The Rangers had theirs. As much as he was a ******, Avery was a spark plug for this team at times. He was run out of town, not that I think it wasn't time, but I mean it's not like the Rangers never had players like this.

Dubinsky was to an extent, but his production was also inconsistent like Avery.

Prust was the best guy they had like this in a long time, but unfortunately his price tag was too high.

Mike Sauer had an unfortunate career ending injury. He was going to be exactly what this team needed. What can you do?

Dorsett is supposed to be that guy, but he's been relatively ineffective yet.

Asham is too old/slow. He was useful at one point in the league.

The problem is that guys like this really don't grow on trees, and the ones who can be that presence and can play hockey, teams never let them go unless they are head cases like Avery, or you overpay.

There is a very short list of these players I would like to see as a Ranger because not only do they take smart, or warranted penalties, they aren't ******** like Matt Cooke, and they can play hockey. Let's face it, these kind of players are not as readily available as the above list makes it seem.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Rangers knew there was a need for this evidenced by the addition of Clowe last season. By availabity, he was the best hybrid on the market. Can't re sign damaged goods though. But this year I wasent surprised they didn't add anyone as I really though that McIlrath would have had a better preseason. It is what it is though, McIlrath just ain't done cooking yet.

I actually like the toughness in the bottom lines. Asham is a dinosaur, but that guy is an absolute warrior. Great career as one of the best middleweights ever, however...hes old now. But it doesn't matter, as even if the Rangers had Fraser McLaren on the squad, to employ a tough team you need tough guys that can play minutes against opposing teams better players. Rangers just don't have that. They are not built that way...They should be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad