Proposal: Top 9 forward with heart and size, willing to stick up for teammates

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Matt Fraser, a prospect for Boston who was dealt there this summer is going to be a player like we need. You have to get these players before they reach the NHL because they cost a lot to acquire.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Hopefully Michael Kantor can become this type of player as well. I was impressed with his hard-nosed play in camp.

Looking back, Dale Weise would have been a good fit on the 4th line. Too bad they lost him on waivers.

Tootoo may be available soon from Detroit. He is a pot-stirrer.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It is the bain of my existence

It's a bain for me as well. Personally even without the Nash injury--sometime somehow last night with the scoreboard getting worse and worse there came a time when the Rangers if they had the kind of team I like would have started taking names and kicking some ass. The score was embarrassing enough--the lack of response to the embarrassment made it worse.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
It really is unbelievable how the Rangers have failed to draft and develop bottom 6 "energy" type forwards. Dale Weise and Ryan Hollweg are the only ones that come to mind right now.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
These are all pipe dreams because they are not available, however

I think that Chris Stewart out of St. Louis could be a nice addition.

solid player with skills to play a top 6 RW spot.

Big, strong can and will drop the gloves if needed.

Andrew Ladd out of Winnipeg is a solid player with both takent and physicality.

Had him, would take him back. Brandon Dubinsky.

Another guy that I think could provide Clarkson type of play would be Matt Martin out on the Island.

Wayne Simmonds is another guy that plays an aggressive game. Skates, loves to hit. get him on the ice with Brassard and Callahan.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
It really is unbelievable how the Rangers have failed to draft and develop bottom 6 "energy" type forwards. Dale Weise and Ryan Hollweg are the only ones that come to mind right now.

Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski, Anisimov. Lot's of tweener top-6 guys.

They haven't been able to develop any guys from within who can create energy and drop the gloves though outside of Dubinsky and Weise. Both are gone.

That's why they traded for Mashinter and signed Haley. They recognized it was a weakness and were hoping they could help fill those holes. They can't and won't most likely.

Then they signed Asham to play with Rupp. Problem solved? No. Rupp can barely skate. They traded him for Powe who is more of the same.

They make sure to get Dorsett included in the Gaborik deal because they know they have no one within the organization who can remotely fill that hole. They are forced to play Asham who is slow because they can't allow Dorsett to be the only person in the line-up willing to get his hands dirty.

Punxrocknyc19*

well maybe a kid by the name of Andrew Yogan can be that type... hopefully they wont lose him to waivers. and dale Weise is Aaron Voros 2.0 although he is tougher than most of the Rangers roster :laugh::cry::rant:

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
Prust and Dubinsky... sorry, had to list them.

Okay...sure.This board collectively said 'GTFO' when Prust wanted $2.4 per...now he'd "Save us"?

And Dubi? The original 'Holdy'? The wailing about his cap hit in relation to his production around here would be epic.

"Good room guy man!! See what he did to that Gatorade cooler man?"

I remember Avery going with Carcillio in defense of Gabs and people here went sideways,basically tarred and feathered him.And no,I'm not dragging out tired old arguments either.

People say you can't teach skill,you can't teach heart either

Punxrocknyc19*

watch Rangers trade for Daniel Carcillo just to piss the fans like he did when he signed Brasher

Carcillo for Pyatt :sarcasm:

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Okay...sure.This board collectively said 'GTFO' when Prust wanted $2.4 per...now he'd "Save us"?

And Dubi? The original 'Holdy'? The wailing about his cap hit in relation to his production around here would be epic.

"Good room guy man!! See what he did to that Gatorade cooler man?"

I remember Avery going with Carcillio in defense of Gabs and people here went sideways,basically tarred and feathered him.And no,I'm not dragging out tired old arguments either.

People say you can't teach skill,you can't teach heart either

Prust got overpaid. I'd rather be overpaying Prust than paying Pyatt + Asham the combined same amount.

Dubinsky... the myths will never end. It seems to be because he held out. It tainted him forever. He had ONE season where his production was not where the cap hit warranted. Yes, last year injury forced him to play barely more than half of the already short season, but he was on pace for 56 points. The year before his down year he scored 54 points. He had a down season in the middle. Looking at what Horton and Clarkson just got as UFAs, Dubinsky's cap hit is fine, considering how much he PKs and all the other things he brings to a team.

Am I going to pine about the trade? No. What's done is done and we got a guy who can be electrifying. Does it mean bashing Dubinsky is warranted? No, and it's getting damn tiring on these boards. I'd take him back tomorrow, no questions asked, if we could fit him.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To be honest I miss both Prust and Dubinsky too. Maybe the cap #'s are too high but they both played a hard game. Both were proactive physically. Prust would often fight first shift and the team would grab momentum from that.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I think there's a little bit of selective memory with Dubinsky. Yes, he was a hard nosed player. But hs offensive game never reached its potential.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
It's definitely an issue. Not many of the regulars willing to drop the gloves at any moment.

Callahan
Nash (once in awhile but you don't want your star player fighting either)
Asham (who hardly plays, not a regular)
Dorsett

That is putrid when you consider not one d-man will do it either.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
It boggles my mind how we haven't been able to develop a guy like Lucic or Simmonds.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Well, there's one Lucic out there really. Not a ton of comparables. Wannabes like Foligno in Buffalo or Kassian in Vancouver, but only one Lucic. As for Simmonds, what makes him particularly different from Callahan besides skin color?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Well, there's one Lucic out there really. Not a ton of comparables. Wannabes like Foligno in Buffalo or Kassian in Vancouver, but only one Lucic. As for Simmonds, what makes him particularly different from Callahan besides skin color?

he fights way more :dunno:

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
It's not exactly easy to come across or develop a Lucic.... how many players are there like him in the entire league? You make it sound like every team has a Lucic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad