Proposal: Top 6 scoring winger to ANA

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Boeser for Comtois and Perreault.
Rather hold onto perreault aand comtois at this point

Perreault is putting up better numbers than zegras in his ahl 19 year old season… I’d start to consider him in that untouchable area right now… plus he is exactly type of player we need on big club if he pans out.

Comtois I’d consider moving

Last edited:
Reactions: wraparound

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I think it's way too early to be assuming the Ducks are buyers. Trading our futures for older guys that will block development paths would be a step backward.

I'm a Ducks fan and I do not approve of this thread.

This is exactly right. The best way for the ducks to add is to keep building through the draft and selectively add UFAs - it is at least one year too early to be buyers. If anything, they should be sellers on pending UFAs if they can't sign them.

Mctavish + Colangelo for Meier? I’d do that pretty easily tbh

Why? Meir has a base salary of $10m next year in real dollars (cap hit of $6M) and is then a RFA. Don't see how he fits in the ducks likely window and the salary structure could be a problem. He's a good player, but I'd rather keep McTavish (who I expect to be at a minimum a very good 2c) and spend my dollars elsewhere.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You'd probably want to have an agreed upon extension in place with Meier prior to executing the trade... his QO is crazy.
Ya well I figured if we traded for him that would be in the thought process

Reactions: zar

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ducks should not be looking to be buyers just because of a good start to the season. We have players we need to re-sign like Lindholm for example. If we make trades it should be to trade away players on their last year if they don't re-sign before trade deadline.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Anaheim has no business being deadline buyers.

they have 4 UFAs they should be selling at the deadline and get decent returns to help their rebuild.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anaheim has no business being deadline buyers.

they have 4 UFAs they should be selling at the deadline and get decent returns to help their rebuild.
If your buying a youngish top 6 winger your fine with term/RFA it’s fine, we shouldn’t be buying rentals tho

they should also prob resign lindholm Rakell and possibly Manson if the prices are right

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If your buying a youngish top 6 winger your fine with term/RFA it’s fine, we shouldn’t be buying rentals tho

they should also prob resign lindholm Rakell and possibly Manson if the prices are right

what sort of assets are you willing to give up to get a 23-24 yr old?

teams aren’t going to trade them for spare parts/ picks.
You might be able to get them instead of a pick for a rental player if that team feels they have depth.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
what sort of assets are you willing to give up to get a 23-24 yr old?

teams aren’t going to trade them for spare parts/ picks.
You might be able to get them instead of a pick for a rental player if that team feels they have depth.
1sts, plus potential 1sts in Rakell/Manson moves

We also have a ton of pretty solid prospects we could move for right player

if a guy like fiala/tkachuk/Meier etc we’re to become available I’d def consider using mctavish/comtois/perreault/pastujov/zellewege/thrun etc as a trade chip depending on the player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad