Top-6 player you want

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Hudon will need at least a year in AHL.
Sepak is an unknown, may be a top-9 at best.
DeLaRose is a very interesting prospect but at his age, I fail to see him making NHL.
Andrighetto will have a spot if players on the right wing are injured and only if he can improve on his numbers in AHL.

:laugh: Extremely unknown.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I'd rather try and pry Morin out of Chicago than waste money on what's left for FA fwds, played well in limited time and is no longer waiver exempt, thinking they'll have a tough time finding a roster spot similar to Colborne last year

Still think Bellemore would've been a good investment over Weaver as well on the backend

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Give a chance to one of the younger guys to earn a spot. The remaining FA's aren't worth it. I think DLR, Sekac (going by the hype), or even Andrighetto could possibly make it next season.

Would be incredible to get E Kane, but that's a pipe dream and too costly.

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
i
I want the Habs to get that player named 'Another Forward'. I cant say that i know of him or even heard his name often but i've heard good things about him. We should take a chance on that guy...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Would be incredible to get E Kane, but that's a pipe dream and too costly.

Would like to get the E Kane clone that hasn't yet blossomed but has all the tools to succeed -- the type of talent that Dudley has a keen ability to uncover and that may be had without having to gut our team.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Habs need to put package together for a big name. To put them up with the top cup contenders. We are, right now I would say cup contenders but a long shot. We don't need another 20 goal scorer like Vrbata. Habs need a guy who can score 35-40 goals, young and signed to fit in next 3-4 years with core of this team. Somebody who fits in with the Patches, Gallaghers, Subban, Price. It could be a Kane, maybe a Sharp, a Simmonds...this type of player. Movable is a Plekanec, if we are bringing in a top 3 forward gives us room to move a Plekanec. Habs are fairly deep in prospects, could include one of Fucale, or a Lehkonen, or a Pateryn, this level of prospect. We also could include a throw-in, either one of extra picks we have, a bottom 6 forward, or a prospect outside out top 10.

Last edited:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I don't see a significant number.

But as far as significant UFA, I see only PK (8M) and Eller (between 2.5 and 3.5M).

That still leaves us with 4M SCap.
Maybe not enough for Vrbata but still leaves us with 2.5M of SCap for another player.

Off the top of my head... Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, Beaulieu all coming off of ELCs

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Good asset management, no?!:

???...You maybe sign Stempniak or Setoguchi for 1-2mil/year for 1-2yrs...?? Or, any other top 9 forwards available, or that's it?!!

More trading chips for March trade deadline.

But I don't think Stempniak or Setoguchi were ever in Hab plans (but I could be wrong...wouldn't be the first!).

As usual...we need a top 4 dman...Bergevin will proably get that dman during the March trade deadline.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
Habs need to put package together for a big name. To put them up with the top cup contenders. We are, right now I would say cup contenders but a long shot. We don't need another 20 goal scorer like Vrbata. Habs need a guy who can score 35-40 goals, young and signed to fit in next 3-4 years with core of this team. Somebody who fits in with the Patches, Gallaghers, Subban, Price. It could be a Kane, maybe a Sharp, a Simmonds...this type of player. Movable is a Plekanec, if we are bringing in a top 3 forward gives us room to move a Plekanec. Habs are fairly deep in prospects, could include one of Fucale, or a Lehkonen, or a Pateryn, this level of prospect. We also could include a throw-in, either one of extra picks we have, a bottom 6 forward, or a prospect outside out top 10.

I agree we need another top 6 impact forward to contend.kane or yakupov would be huge.it would cost alot but its a piece we desperately need.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Alfredsson.

Could be good for one more playoff run...no? Most probably no!
And I don't see our Habs getting him because of expensive price, age and injuries,etc, and...he may stay in Detroit...maybe.

Playoffs line:
Bourque - Eller - Alfredsson?? (for playoffs)

More UFAs:
Dustin Penner (adds size to our 3rd or 4th lines...no?), Ray Whitney, Daniel Winnik, Dany Heatley, Brenden Morrow, David Booth, David Moss, Setoguchi (as a trading chip), Stempniak...

Defence:
Sami Salo, Henrik Tallinder, Cory Sarich (sign to cheap contract for more D-depth?? no?), Jamie McBain, Derek Morris, Chris Butler, Raphael Diaz, Anton Volchenkov (knees are finished??), Paul Ranger, Brett Bellemore

Last edited:

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
Wait 'till camp's last week. Then if no youngster seems ready to jump in, I would be willing to give a 1 year deal to Alfredsson, or as a long shot which wouldn't cost a lot, give a try to Peter Muller.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
None of those players. Keep the open spot for a kid, an open spot that can also see go the trade route of even a rental route come deadline time. We will have the cap space

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Iggy would have been a nice fit.
Never going to happen under MB and MT, but I'd offer AK a one year contract and see if he and Eller can continue the chemistry they had. Andrei is good for 35-50 points no matter how much people hate him.. he and Eller could create some magic.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
How about a decent 2nd tier two-way RW. Expect to have to pay pick/prospect to get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: