Value of: Top 6 LW to the Leafs.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Now Leaf fans are going to see this title and say we need defense not forwards, and while it is true this team absolutely does need a top 4 D, if you don't think the Leafs need forwards you have not looked at the LW for the the Maple Leafs it's in rough shape.

Here is what the RW looks like currently

Marner
Nylander
Kapanen
Brown

That is ridiculous that RW is loaded now look at the LW

Marleau wants out
Johnsson RFA
Hymann injured
Ennis UFA

The LW is n rough shape there are 3, and arguably 4 holes on the LW.

The Leafs DO need to bring in an upgrade on LW so who is available and at what price?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The Leafs need a different type of winger than Marner or Nylander imo. They need a Tucker type of guy in their top nine who can score a bit, but get under the opponents skin. They have too many of the same type of player.

Now where you find this player is another question entirely.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The Leafs need a different type of winger than Marner or Nylander imo. They need a Tucker type of guy in their top nine who can score a bit, but get under the opponents skin. They have too many of the same type of player.

Now where you find this player is another question entirely.

They have Hyman and Kadri who play that role in the top 9 right now. Marchment is likely making the team so there's another guy like that. I don't think it's really an issue.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Nylander actually prefers the LW. So I'm not sure why he's playing RW with our logjam on that side

I've never heard that before. He's only played on the right or centre on the the Leafs and Marlies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Nor me, but having ZERO RHD kinda does....

Thing is I know they are either going to get a D man back in the Zaitsev trade or take Zaitsev money and use it to get a D man, Kadri may also bring back a D man.

People are also to concerned about it being a RHD I don't give a f*** as long as he's top 4.

None of that means the Leafs don't need a LW , they do I have shown it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It should also be noted that you guys want Marleau out, not the opposite.

The spins get more and more shameless. Sheesh.

That actually appears to be mutual you could say Toronto wants Marleau out and you may not be wrong but it also not wrong to say Marleau wants out because it appears he does

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
They have Hyman and Kadri who play that role in the top 9 right now. Marchment is likely making the team so there's another guy like that. I don't think it's really an issue.

They don’t really play the Tucker type of role though. They need a guy who can really piss you off and score a few goals. A Gary Roberts type of player is what they really need, but those guys are tough to find.

Also, they might trade Kadri and Hyman is injured.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Nylander actually prefers the LW. So I'm not sure why he's playing RW with our logjam on that side
That's really not true for Nylander, but Kapanen is at least as good on LW

Nylander needs his stick to the boards side on the zone entry to be able to take the dman to the outside if that's available and have a forehand pass to someone streaking to the front

Kapanen's more of a shooter and has the wheels+shiftiness combo to make it work, which leaves him at a better angle to shoot when he gets past a dman

Reactions: NHL WAR

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Marleau and Kapanen for Zucker

Honestly with some of the rumored returns, I wouldn't hate it. Kapanen is certainly better than Virtanen, Bennett, Fischer. But this represents an additional probably 4-5.5m in cap space for us next year (750k from Zucker to Marleau, 4-5m for Kapanen), and I think Fenton has plans for his cap space this summer. So Marleau being attached is probably a no go.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I've never heard that before. He's only played on the right or centre on the the Leafs and Marlies.

I read it in an article, though I don't recall when or where. I should clarify center is his first preference. I just mean between right and left

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I read it in an article, though I don't recall when or where. I should clarify center is his first preference. I just mean between right and left

Sounds like a bunch of smoke you're blowing.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I think Hyman and Johnsson are perfect in the Leafs top 6 and keep both lines under 24M. In Hyman’s absence the Leafs will use Moore and maybe Mikheyev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad