Speculation: Top 6 level RWs available?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I know it's a bit early in the year but which teams may have a RW of top 6 quality that they may have to move on from? Outside of a Garland or Nylander discussion as they've been talked about to death.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Flyers are loaded with top 6 RWs. You could likely pry Atkinson at a minimum, but their RW depth chart is pretty darn good.

Konecny, Atkinson, TIppett, Foerster, Brink.

TK will be expensive, Atkinson fairly cheap, Brink probably untouchable along with Foerster. Tippett, IMO can be pried as well if a good D prospect comes back.

All contracts are very reasonable, and Flyers can retain if needed as well.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Is ehlers a RW?

Has only 4 pts in 10 games, has been used poorly by the Jets and has 2 years left at 6M

Has been productive in the past but last two years the jets have screwed around with him a bit along with possible injury impacts hurting his abilities

I would want to acquire him at a reduced price if available

• Haha
Reactions: mazmin and Cypruss

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Is ehlers a RW?

Has only 4 pts in 10 games, has been used poorly by the Jets and has 2 years left at 6M

Has been productive in the past but last two years the jets have screwed around with him a bit along with possible injury impacts hurting his abilities

Not available and definitely wouldn’t be at a reduced price

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Flyers are loaded with top 6 RWs. You could likely pry Atkinson at a minimum, but their RW depth chart is pretty darn good.

TK will be expensive, Atkinson fairly cheap, Brink probably untouchable along with Foerster. Tippett, IMO can be pried as well if a good D prospect comes back.

Plus Hathaway decent 4th liner with 1 more year. 2 rws are forced to play lw.

Define « fairly cheap » for Atkinson.

Not sure Philly is looking for d prospects with York and Zamula on roster, (Sanheim-Risto veterans) and more not far away Andrae, Bonk, Grans, Ginning.

Lw is true need

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
UFA RW 2024

nylander
Reinhart
Olofsson
Ardvisson ( over 30)
Debrusk
Kapanen
LeBlanc
Beavillier
Eberle ( over 30)
Marchessault ( over 30)
Tarasenko ( over 30)

UFA 2025
Marner
Rantanan
Ehlers
Mangiopani
Konecny
Boeser

UFA 2027
Garland

Reactions: Lockin17

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
UFA RW 2024

nylander
Reinhart
Olofsson
Ardvisson ( over 30)
Debrusk
Kapanen
LeBlanc
Beavillier
Eberle ( over 30)
Marchessault ( over 30)
Tarasenko ( over 30)

UFA 2025
Marner
Rantanan
Ehlers
Mangiopani
Konecny
Boeser

UFA 2027
Garland
Van will be re-signing Boeser

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Agree but I’d rather trade Brink and Foerster than Tippett.

With the way the team has played I think the price has only gone up on Konecny as perhaps the rebuild timeline looks a bit shorter

• Wow
Reactions: captainpaxil

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Plus Hathaway decent 4th liner with 1 more year. 2 rws are forced to play lw.

Define « fairly cheap » for Atkinson.

Not sure Philly is looking for d prospects with York and Zamula on roster, (Sanheim-Risto veterans) and more not far away Andrae, Bonk, Grans, Ginning.

Lw is true need

Atkinson maybe a 2nd, though he’s playing really well and they may see in they can hold out for a 1st. Not sure, I’m not great at these.

Tippett potted 27 last year, is off to a bjt of a slow start but plus shot, skater, big and the coach loves him. Improved his passing this year. D prospect meaning somebody with top pair potential.

Reactions: JRichard

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Is ehlers a RW?

I am sure every fan would like to see their team acquire good players at reduced prices. Not very realistic though.

I dont see what the leafs could offer to acquire Ehlers.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I know it's a bit early in the year but which teams may have a RW of top 6 quality that they may have to move on from? Outside of a Garland or Nylander discussion as they've been talked about to death.
Personally I’d offer Anderson as a Habs fan. He has what teams want in size and speed, he just doesn’t fit with our roster in terms is chemistry

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'd say 20-30. 8th in scoring right now. 20th last year. He's gone to a new level this year.
I’d probably say 20-30 forward but I also value D a bit more than most so to each their own! Rankings are very subjective when you’re combining positions. You got a good RW there either way. Even with his contract status, I’d agree it makes no sense for potential contender Toronto to move him.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I am sure every fan would like to see their team acquire good players at reduced prices. Not very realistic though.

I dont see what the leafs could offer to acquire Ehlers.
I was speaking more so in general (as if I were a fan of contending team) I would want to inquire on Ehlers who should be worth less now then he was back in 2021.

Leafs we probably cant acquire him as we dont have cap long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad