Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Ok now that was a nice play. No look pass by Carlson

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Can't score, but at least Eller's line shoot on the net. It's embarrassing at this point even can't generate shots on goal. when they shoot, they make other goalies look great....

they scored!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I can't recall the last time Locker admitted the team played like crap. Did that ever happen?

I don't think so. He's always going to spin things. If it gets so bad there's nothing you can say and still retain any credibility he just starts talking about food or some other OT crap with Joe B.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I don't mind, part of Locker's job is to sell the Caps so people will tune in for the next game. Plus we have plenty of negativity right here on HF.

Reactions: MrGone

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't think so. He's always going to spin things. If it gets so bad there's nothing you can say and still retain any credibility he just starts talking about food or some other OT crap with Joe B.

Locker commentary in one game:
Ovechkin shoots off the post: "Unfortunate bounce for Ovechkin, shot goes off the post"
Ovechkin scores after a lucky bounce: "Great players get the bounces."

I don't pay attention to what he says. I just listen to Joe B and Alan May. Locker is just background noise.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
The degree to which the leadership of this organization fools itself by thinking the team can be LEAD by Ovechkin is staggering. Ovie has been on this team for 12 years and they still haven't figured out that he's a fantastic piece, but he's no leader. He's Brett Hull. Brett Hull scored 86 frickin goals one year - but no one ever thought he was a leader.

A leader steps up when the #1 D goes down, the #1 center is compromised , and another top 6 forward goes down. Has anyone even noticed Ovie in the last few games. It's not a knock on him; it's a knock on this organization for utterly failing to grasp what he is and what he is not, and for structuring the team based on what he is not.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Locker: strong work by Ovie. That entire sequence was the result of half-assed board play by Ovie that lead to an Oil break-out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad