Top 5 Point Scorers For Each Team

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sure, but they did that with a bunch of 30 year olds who each earn 7-9 million a year.

The Leafs did it with 19 and 20 years olds, on entry level contracts.

And? Your original post, and the posts in this thread, were about the impressiveness of the balance/spread of offense for each team, not about which team has the best group of youngsters.

Also, three of the Leafs six 50+ point guys are older veterans. So you're being intentionally misleading by saying "the Leafs did it with 19 and 20 year olds", just like you're ignoring the fact two of the Pens' biggest producers this year are under 25.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
People crapping on Colorado's historically bad numbers, no one mentioning that New Jersey's are not that far off.

2001 was a looooooooong time ago.

New Jersey had 17 more goals for and 34 fewer goals against - putting them a full 51 goals better in GD. I don't think I'd call that "not that far off". The horror in Denver was far, far more than just underperforming top forwards.

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
And? Your original post, and the posts in this thread, were about the impressiveness of the balance/spread of offense for each team, not about which team has the best group of youngsters.

Also, three of the Leafs six 50+ point guys are older veterans. So you're being intentionally misleading by saying "the Leafs did it with 19 and 20 year olds", just like you're ignoring the fact two of the Pens' biggest producers this year are under 25.

I think it's safe to say that nobody would be all that surprised by how good the Penguins' offense is. Some of the biggest names in the league play for them, and they've been doing it for years. Perhaps the point was that the Leafs produced to an unexpected level this year, and it wasn't a knock on Pittsburgh? For the Leafs to even come close to the Pens in production with all the question marks we had this year is something you could acknowledge as being "impressive," couldn't you?

You, of all people, should be impressed, considering you made an avatar bet saying that the Leafs wouldn't have 6 players hit 50 points this season.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2105049&page=4

It certainly may have seemed like a sure thing at the beginning of the season, but you have to admit that Dopey Fish made a pretty bold bet with you that you lost fairly. You even insisted that a 50 point "pace" wouldn't be acceptable, and Dopey Fish accepted those risky terms and still won. For whatever reason, you haven't changed your avatar like agreed, but I honestly don't care much about that. (Maybe you guys came to an agreement afterwards?) I just wish you would show a little less disdain toward Leaf fans.

We're all just hockey fans that try to see positives in the teams/players we like. Everyone has different opinions, and sometimes we get proven wrong. It happens, and we should just laugh about it and enjoy ourselves. You don't need to fight everyone that disagrees with you or doesn't share your opinion.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
putting tor and van next to each other looks bad on the nucks.
Bozak was 6th with 55 pts and had more than anyone on vancouver

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think it's safe to say that nobody would be all that surprised by how good the Penguins' offense is. Some of the biggest names in the league play for them, and they've been doing it for years. Perhaps the point was that the Leafs produced to an unexpected level this year, and it wasn't a knock on Pittsburgh? For the Leafs to even come close to the Pens in production with all the question marks we had this year is something you could acknowledge as being "impressive," couldn't you?

You, of all people, should be impressed, considering you made an avatar bet saying that the Leafs wouldn't have 6 players hit 50 points this season.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2105049&page=4

It certainly may have seemed like a sure thing at the beginning of the season, but you have to admit that Dopey Fish made a pretty bold bet with you that you lost fairly. You even insisted that a 50 point "pace" wouldn't be acceptable, and Dopey Fish accepted those risky terms and still won. For whatever reason, you haven't changed your avatar like agreed, but I honestly don't care much about that. (Maybe you guys came to an agreement afterwards?) I just wish you would show a little less disdain toward Leaf fans.

None of what you said has anything to do with what I said in my posts in regards to this thread, and seems to be more a personal response to me as a poster.

My point was the discussion branched to which team has the most impressive amount of balance/spread out scoring, and suddenly his response to counter my argument was about age; age never had anything to do with the original comment. So I pointed out that fact.

Which apparently leads to this...

We're all just hockey fans that try to see positives in the teams/players we like. Everyone has different opinions, and sometimes we get proven wrong. It happens, and we should just laugh about it and enjoy ourselves. You don't need to fight everyone that disagrees with you or doesn't share your opinion.

When I quote someone, it's because I'm "fighting" them? But if someone quotes me, it's simply them disagreeing with me? I've never understood the double standard. It's a discussion board. If I quote someone and disagree with them, it's just that. I disagree with whatever their point is. I'm not "fighting" them, just like I don't automatically assume anyone who quotes one of my posts is "fighting" me.

As for the avatar bet, that's between me and Dopey Fish. And as Dopey Fish can tell you, we've exchanged PMs and he knows what's going on in that regard.

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
None of what you said has anything to do with what I said in my posts in regards to this thread, and seems to be more a personal response to me as a poster.

My point was the discussion branched to which team has the most impressive amount of balance/spread out scoring, and suddenly his response to counter my argument was about age; age never had anything to do with the original comment. So I pointed out that fact.

Which apparently leads to this...

When I quote someone, it's because I'm "fighting" them? But if someone quotes me, it's simply them disagreeing with me? I've never understood the double standard. It's a discussion board. If I quote someone and disagree with them, it's just that. I disagree with whatever their point is. I'm not "fighting" them, just like I don't automatically assume anyone who quotes one of my posts is "fighting" me.

As for the avatar bet, that's between me and Dopey Fish. And as Dopey Fish can tell you, we've exchanged PMs and he knows what's going on in that regard.

Fair enough; you're not looking for a fight. Neither am I. I apologize for the word choice. Perhaps "tone" is difficult to infer off written words sometimes.

The age of the players (and their NHL experience) is relevant because it shapes our expectations of what they can accomplish. When they exceed those expectations, I find it very impressive. While JVR and Naz aren't 19-20 year olds, they too weren't expected to produce this much.

I used the example of the bet because it illustrates how you, (and me, and I'd assume mostly everyone else,) thought that so many Leafs putting up those numbers would be a near impossibility. So when it happens, I think it qualifies as being more impressive than when a team with many established stars does it. This thread is similar in that regard.

I guess "impressive" is subjective, so what I feel is more impressive may not be the same as you. (And vice versa, of course.) I think you have a valid point with the Pens' offense being among the most impressive in the league, and in the playoffs, I certainly have more faith in established players repeating it. For this season, however, I feel what the Leafs accomplished statistically deserves a bit more credit than you seem to give.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

And having three of the six 60-point players being 19 or 20 year old KIDS is..........simply more impressive.

Not that hard to figure out.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Crazy to see some teams with similar top 5 scorers and be in the middle of the pack, then look and see us at 24th. Secondary scoring non existent. #1PP in the league 24th in overall scoring.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You think that's embRassing for the Avs? It gets worse. 6th place is Grigorenko with 23 points. Then nobody after that has higher than 20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad