Top 5 players all time for big 6 countries

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Lidstrom's poor competition for those Norris' disagrees. Regardless, they're all on a similar level, and I highly doubt Fetisov was as good as them in their prime at 18 and got better from there.

I agree wholeheartedly.

As bold it may sound I've watched both players throughout their both careers and that's what I think while I obviously disagree about Lidstrom being the best european player of all time. Fetisov was a more physical type with the same great sence for positioning and reading the play and he was even better offensively. The so called Green Unit was a unit for a reason. Because all of them had the creativity and skill to play as a 5-men-creature with a hive mind. And Fetisov and Makarov stood out among them still. I couldn't count how many times I whitnessed the play - an outlet pass by Fetisov to Makarov that inevitably resulted in a breakaway and a goal(and there was a 2-line-pass rule back then).

And oh yeah, Fetisov was the captain obviously. A leader through and through.

Fair enough. My huge man crush for Lidstrom might cloud my judgement. Fetisov's prime years were before my time, the brief glimpses I saw from him in the NHL doesn't sway me away from Lidstrom. I just don't see it - him being better than Lidstrom, at least in his later years.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
CAN: Gretzky--Orr--Howe--Lemieux--Hull

USA: Hull--Kane--Modano--Chelios--Leetch

SWE: Lidstrom--Forsberg--Karlsson--Salming--Lundqvist

FIN: Selanne--Kurri--Tikkanen--Kiprusoff--Lehtinen

CZE: Hasek--Jagr--Elias--Hejduk--Straka

RUS: Ovechkin--Fetisov--Makarov--Tretiak--Malkin

RUS (NHL only): Ovechkin--Malkin--Fedorov--Bure--Datsyuk

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Hard to compare the legendary 70s and 80s Czech players like Novy, Holecek, Lala, Hlinka, Martinec etc. with the "golden" generation of the 90s and 00s.
Uncomparable hockey eras imo.

Top 5 Czech NHL guys would be 1. Jagr 2. Hasek 3.Elias 4.Hejduk 5.Hamrlik/Kaberle

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I usually seperate pre-90s era players from post-90s.

Pre-90s:
1. Slava Fetisov (D)
2. Sergei Makarov (W)
3. Vladislav Tretiak (G)
4. Valery Kharlamov (W)
5. Anatoly Firsov (W/C)
6. Boris Mikhailov (W)
7. Vsevolod Bobrov (W)
8. Vladimir Petrov (C)
9. Valery Vasiliev (D)
10. Alexander Maltsev (W/C)

Post-90s: