BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Melrose <= Not a player had to include
Len Barrie <= See above
Traitor #26 <= his name will never be mentioned in our house again
Svitov <= Wasted 3rd overal 84 games 14 points. He did return Sydor though
Vbarta

HM: Early days of Kubina, or Blockhead as I called him then.

Ten88Nineteen

May 22, 2011
I find it hard to truly hate some of the guys who were around during the dark ages, given that management seemed to care about winning even less than they did...

For whatever reason, Teddy Purcell is the one that really sticks in my mind. He just did all the wrong things, floated at a level you should only be able to get away with if you're a Kane or Ovechkin type scorer, and seemed to play with zero effort on a team that was a legitimate contender. Annoyed me to no end.

Bet he doesn't get away with any of that in LA.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
Oh this is going to be fun! These are in no particular order:

Alex Tanguay: I was so hyped when we got him, but he just **** the bed spectacularly. I think it was more disappointment than actual anger, but seeing him do so poorly with us and excel elsewhere always left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Johan Holmqvist: Yes, I understand he was our guy in the dark days, but I would be on the edge of my seat with anxiety every time I watched him play. I was more comfortable with Marc Denis though I'm sure this is an irrational feeling.

Radim Vrbata: Same idea as Tanguay: was super excited to sign him but after he bailed on us I was very disappointed. He did well elsewhere and proved that he could be a difference maker when he cared.

Brian Lee: He was a train wreck personified in a Lightning jersey. Good God.

Paul Ranger: This player isn't hated or anything, but when I think of Paul I am disappointed mostly because of what could have been. He looked like he was going to be a stud, but unfortunately he wasn't happy playing hockey.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I'm probably the only one who liked Bugsy :laugh:
I liked him too up until the cocaine bust right before the playoffs.
Paul Ranger: This player isn't hated or anything, but when I think of Paul I am disappointed mostly because of what could have been. He looked like he was going to be a stud, but unfortunately he wasn't happy playing hockey.

My biggest problem with Ranger is he showed no interest in honoring his contract with the Lightning but signed with the Leafs as soon as he could. I'm kind of glad his NHL career floundered.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
1. Alex Tanguay
2. Ryan Malone
3. Matt Carle

Carle was past his prime when we signed him and then gave him big $$$. Ugh.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Bill Ranford
Stephane Richer
Chris Gratton
Mikael Renberg
Alex Tanguay

I could probably research more and come up with others. Most of them are guys you would've expected more from and sucked, and seemed to have a bad attitude about it. Gratton was fine the first time but when he came back was worse and I remember rumors he was bad in the locker room. Plus we could've had Kariya instead damn it.

Seeing how Hoek looked over my shoulder and stole my answers to the test :naughty:

Mick Vukota
Cory Cross
Daymond Langkow
Michel Petit
Dieter Kochan

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Off the top of my head

Lukas Krajicek - traded for SOB who was upset about being traded and actually wanted to be here. I don't think Krajicek ever did. Terrible dman, and just stood there during Ovechkin's celebration. We tried to send him down to Norfolk and he refused to play for them so his contract was terminated.

Marek Malik - Nothing against Malik personally, just hate the idea that we had to pull a player of his caliber out of retirement to play for us.

Michel Ouellet
- Just hated how cheap we were post lockout where we picked up guys like Ouellet, Hlavac, and Karlsson. Especially Ouellet who was put next to Richards and didn't do much, but blew up with Halpern and Darche.

Matt Lashoff
- Terrible trade, lazy, and a waste of talent.

Radim Vrbata - All I remember about him is his complaining about not being on the PP or his icetime. He didn't produce, and made excuses.

HM to Tanguay. He'd probably be up there if I didn't think better of him from his good old days in Colorado when he was younger. That one shift where he cuts Vinny in the face with his stick and Vinny ends up scoring anyway pretty much sums up his time here.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Jason Wiemer - heard slanderous rumors about him that were disgusting and believable.
Stan Neckar - honestly, I think it's because his last name doesn't sound like it's spelled. Unremarkably decent player I irrationally couldn't wait to be gone.
Marc Denis - it is almost unfair to single out any of the legion of Lightning goalies that were sub.900 SV% and/or plus3.00 GAA, but, Denis sucked and really didn't seem to mind that he sucked. That it cost Modin to get him didn't help.
Matt Carle - not committed to the physicality of the NHL, makes too many problems trying to avoid pain, won't be missed.

Dave Andreychuk - I know this one is somewhat sacreligious. I wholeheartedly blame EA Sports! Dave was a big clunky slow softie with a decent if streaky shot in those games. Long before he was with the Lightning I was referring to him as Andreysuck all based on my hatred for his EA NHL avatars performance. No way did I think signing a 38 year old washed up Andy would help the Lightning. I was dumbfounded by how much the team seemingly relied on him and how consistently he was still able to contribute. It basically took winning the Cup to get me over my irrational distaste for Dave Andreychuk.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Off the top of my head

Lukas Krajicek - traded for SOB who was upset about being traded and actually wanted to be here. I don't think Krajicek ever did. Terrible dman, and just stood there during Ovechkin's celebration. We tried to send him down to Norfolk and he refused to play for them so his contract was terminated.

Marek Malik - Nothing against Malik personally, just hate the idea that we had to pull a player of his caliber out of retirement to play for us.

Michel Ouellet
- Just hated how cheap we were post lockout where we picked up guys like Ouellet, Hlavac, and Karlsson. Especially Ouellet who was put next to Richards and didn't do much, but blew up with Halpern and Darche.

Matt Lashoff
- Terrible trade, lazy, and a waste of talent.

Radim Vrbata - All I remember about him is his complaining about not being on the PP or his icetime. He didn't produce, and made excuses.

HM to Tanguay. He'd probably be up there if I didn't think better of him from his good old days in Colorado when he was younger. That one shift where he cuts Vinny in the face with his stick and Vinny ends up scoring anyway pretty much sums up his time here.

Days pulling out names I tried to forget. Ouellet, darche, krajicek, karlsson, etc.

ya man he must be old

after a time its hard to hate guys as much lmfao

seriously is why my list is what it is

I could go back but kinda forgive them

Not like OK Dummies and Barry Melrose

That has not faded basically but Vinik Steve Yzerman and our teams success these last two years has tempered my hate for generally all players and the organization during that time line.

I mean I hated everything an everyone during that time primarily

also maybe this is a good spot since is *****ing going on of our history

this guy soon to be gone but imho did us ok overall

valterri filppula is 10th all time in playoff points for the lightning history and 10th in assists

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Jason Wiemer - heard slanderous rumors about him that were disgusting and believable.
could be hateful fans on his busting for us

Stan Neckar - honestly, I think it's because his last name doesn't sound like it's spelled. Unremarkably decent player I irrationally couldn't wait to be gone.
Marc Denis - it is almost unfair to single out any of the legion of Lightning goalies that were sub.900 SV% and/or plus3.00 GAA, but, Denis sucked and really didn't seem to mind that he sucked. That it cost Modin to get him didn't help.
Matt Carle - not committed to the physicality of the NHL, makes too many problems trying to avoid pain, won't be missed.

Dave Andreychuk - I know this one is somewhat sacreligious. I wholeheartedly blame EA Sports! Dave was a big clunky slow softie with a decent if streaky shot in those games. Long before he was with the Lightning I was referring to him as Andreysuck all based on my hatred for his EA NHL avatars performance. No way did I think signing a 38 year old washed up Andy would help the Lightning. I was dumbfounded by how much the team seemingly relied on him and how consistently he was still able to contribute. It basically took winning the Cup to get me over my irrational distaste for Dave Andreychuk.

seems like even winning the cup didnt do it for you :laugh:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I don't understand the Malone hate. Is it the drugs thing?

Yeah, ditto. Except for the latter he was always a fan favorite and during his good days he was a force. Even in 2011 when he didn't put up points he was a beast in the playoffs, even put Chara on his ass. I always liked him. Was I disappointed how it ended? Sure, but far from hating him.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yeah, ditto. Except for the latter he was always a fan favorite and during his good days he was a force. Even in 2011 when he didn't put up points he was a beast in the playoffs, even put Chara on his ass. I always liked him. Was I disappointed how it ended? Sure, but far from hating him.

i knew had kept him one year too long and never wanted to see another slow wrap around but blamed the drugs on wife etc.. so kinda felt for the guy

I was mad when kept him past what i knew was his last year where would be relevant

but teams always find it hard to ship off vets and normally take that extra year to do it

so no hate towards bugsy just hope he finds a life for him happiness etc..

JAY7791

Jun 22, 2013
1. Anders Lindback

2. Matt Carle
3. Alex Tanguay
4. B.J Crombeen
5. Riku Helenius

Also, why some hate for Nate Thompson, guy was awesome in TB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad