Top 5 franchises in the Cap- Era (To Date)

Top 5 franchises in the Cap- Era (To Date)

• Total voters

FartMilk

Jan 19, 2019
The most dominant stretch of any team is absolutely Chicago from 2012-15.

They were one goal away in the 2014 WCF from winning three Cups in a row. And it pains me to say that as a Ranger fan cause it would've been against us.

NhlFan84

Dec 29, 2010
Why are people having the Pens? Recency bias? I take the Hawks all day long.

From 2008 - 2014 they

3 x cups
2x conference finals
2x 2nd round

This level of domination and peak in the cap era is unheard of. The Pens for example took even longer to make that level of success (2 more years to match the 3 cups). Pens in 2 extra years

3 x cups
3 x first round exits
2 x 2nd round exit
1 x ECF appearance

I take the Hawks all day long. Then the Pens.

A healthy Pitt team likely would have had 4, maybe 5 cups. The year Boston won, Pittsburgh was far and above the best team in the league. Iirc, both Crosby and Malkin missed the playoffs.

FartMilk

Jan 19, 2019
A healthy Pitt team likely would have had 4, maybe 5 cups. The year Boston won, Pittsburgh was far and above the best team in the league. Iirc, both Crosby and Malkin missed the playoffs.

You recall incorrectly then. Vancouver won the Presidents Trophy in 2010-11. They were 1st in GF. 1st in GA. 1st in PP%. 3rd in PK%. 1st in FOW%. They had the Art Ross, Selke, Ted Lindsay, GM of the year and Jennings trophy winners.

2010-11 was Vancouver's year to win, and they were far and away the best team in the NHL.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad