Top 5 Fighters in 2021

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not that are actually NHLers.

Lots of better fighters that are up and down in the AHL or out of the lineup or on a taxi squad for big chunks of the year.

Of regular NHLers, you'd be very hard pressed to find 20 better fighters.
Milan Lucic
Ryan Reaves
Zdeno Chara
Kurtis MacDermid
Nick Ritchie
Brett Ritchie
Matt Martin
Nick Deslauriers
Wayne Simmonds
Kyle Clifford
Brendan Lemieux
Jared Tinordi
Tom Wilson
Zack Kassian
Darnel Nurse
Brendan Dillon
Kevan Miller
Nick Foligno
Marcus Foligno
Josh Anderson
Trent Frederic
Jamie Oleksiak
Josh Manson

That's off the top of my head, honestly.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Milan Lucic
Ryan Reaves
Zdeno Chara
Kurtis MacDermid
Nick Ritchie
Brett Ritchie
Matt Martin
Nick Deslauriers
Wayne Simmonds
Kyle Clifford
Brendan Lemieux
Jared Tinordi
Tom Wilson
Zack Kassian
Darnel Nurse
Brendan Dillon
Kevan Miller
Nick Foligno
Marcus Foligno
Josh Anderson
Trent Frederic
Jamie Oleksiak
Josh Manson

Almost half of those guys wouldn't beat Brady tkachuk lol

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Almost half of those guys wouldn't beat Brady lol tkachuk
That is absolutely false. I see that you're an Ottawa fan, but you're about 100 yards off here.

Who has Brady beat that's notable? Everyone on my list is tougher/better fighter than anyone Brady has ever fought.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
That is absolutely false. I see that you're an Ottawa fan, but you're about 100 yards off here.

Who has Brady beat that's notable? Everyone on my list is tougher/better fighter than anyone Brady has ever fought.

Well, just as an example,to save time, tkachuk won against Weber yet you have Nick foligno.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Well, just as an example,to save time, tkachuk won against Weber yet you have Nick foligno.
You mean the fight where nothing connected? Weber also is a terrible fighter.

Foligno is an incredibly underrated fighter, and has much better names on his card than Brady does. I'd take Foligno 10/10 times against him.

Next?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You mean the fight where nothing connected? Weber also is a terrible fighter.

Foligno is an incredibly underrated fighter, and has much better names on his card than Brady does. I'd take Foligno 10/10 times against him.

Next?

Oh no, not Beaulieu

Screenshot_20210604-134801.png

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You’re literally not arguing anything at this point.

Now show me Brady vs a good fighter.

You litterally said Foligno was a good fight because he beat Beaulieu...well so did tkachuk...so how is that not arguing anything?

WOOOOOSH.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
You litterally said Foligno was a good fight because he beat Beaulieu...well so did tkachuk...so how is that not arguing anything?

WOOOOOSH.
I never said he was good because he beat Beaulieu, I used Beaulieu as an example of his punching power. He dropped him like a bad habit, and did the same to Clifford. I’m actually providing a coherent argument. You literally said half of the list wouldn’t beat Brady, and that’s flat out wrong, and it’s the homerism in you talking.

Do you think Brady’s fight against Beaulieu was more dominant than Folignos?

“WOOOOOSH”

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I never said he was good because he beat Beaulieu, I used Beaulieu as an example of his punching power. He dropped him like a bad habit, and did the same to Clifford. I’m actually providing a coherent argument. You literally said half of the list wouldn’t beat Brady, and that’s flat out wrong, and it’s the homerism in you talking.

Do you think Brady’s fight against Beaulieu was more dominant than Folignos?

“WOOOOOSH”

Woosh only works if the other one missed your point. I understood what point you were making but it was clear you didn't get the point I was making when you said I wasn't arguing anything.

I guess you don't know how woosh works either :laugh:

Anyways, keep thinking Nick Foligno would beat Brady tkachuk. I'm over it.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Woosh only works if the other one missed your point. I understood what point you were making but it was clear you didn't get the point I was making when you said I wasn't arguing anything.

I guess you don't know how woosh works either :laugh:

Anyways, keep thinking Nick Foligno would beat Brady tkachuk. I'm over it.
He would.

Who are the 10-11 guys on that list that wouldn’t beat Brady?

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I love Brady Tkachuk’s feistiness whenever he is on the ice, but never have I thought of him as being fundamentally sound as a fighter.

He is a player that relies solely on his strength in fights. How many of them have surpassed fives seconds without both he and the combatant being down on the ice?

The longer the fight is drawn out, the more problems that are going to incur with a fighter that can match his upper body strength along with having experience fighting.

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
It just doesn't feel good to put Reaves at #1. Has ducked MacDermid at every opportunity and only fights "on his terms".
Douglas Murray talked about the tough players in the NHL today in an interview in Swedish TV. He went on to call Reaves a coward. Some bad blood between them but Murray would agree with your post.

Reactions: BigKing

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
When did they fight ?

I just remember Brady throwing punches with the officials between them.

They gave them 5 minutes for fighting.

That reminds me how much I hate when refs give majors for fighting while having both lineman always trying to stop it. If you're gonna call them for fighting, let them fight. Otherwise call a 2 min roughing.

Reactions: Villella McMeans

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I think Lowry is a little underrated. he doesn't fight much but should be in the conversation IMO

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
Milan Lucic
Ryan Reaves
Zdeno Chara
Kurtis MacDermid
Nick Ritchie
Brett Ritchie
Matt Martin
Nick Deslauriers
Wayne Simmonds
Kyle Clifford
Brendan Lemieux
Jared Tinordi
Tom Wilson
Zack Kassian
Darnel Nurse
Brendan Dillon
Kevan Miller
Nick Foligno
Marcus Foligno
Josh Anderson
Trent Frederic
Jamie Oleksiak
Josh Manson

I know he hasn't been in the league very much, and has missed a ton of time due to non fight related injuries, but Sam Morin absolutely belongs in the upper tier. He is a 6'7 destroyer. His many fights in the minors added to the NHL showing proves it. When he was on the ice, Wilson hardly touched anyone, and Martin wanted no part of him after the Johnston bout. Morin is a real high level tough guy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I know he hasn't been in the league very much, and has missed a ton of time due to non fight related injuries, but Sam Morin absolutely belongs in the upper tier. He is a 6'7 destroyer. His many fights in the minors added to the NHL showing proves it. When he was on the ice, Wilson hardly touched anyone, and Martin wanted no part of him after the Johnston bout. Morin is a real high level tough guy.
I actually totally forgot about him. Yes, I'd say he's upper tier as well.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad