Top 5 Fighters in 2021

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Reaves Morin and Johnston are in a class by themselves. Then there's Lucic, Wilson, MacDermid, Chara, K.Miller and Deslauriers. Then guys like Nurse, Maroon, Greenway, the Folignos, Ritchie etc.

I'd say Reaves, Morin, Johnston, Chara & Wilson in that order.

Last edited:

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Reaves Morin and Johnston are in a class by themselves. Then there's Lucic, Wilson, MacDermid, Chara, K.Miller and Deslauriers. Then guys like Nurse, Maroon, Greenway, the Folignos, Ritchie etc.

Chara and Wilson? Even in todays NHL that's a stretch. Id put MacDermaid Oliver and maybe Delaurieres. Morin has had what 2 nhl fights and he's top 3. Fastest ascension ever if he handles Johnston again and beats Reaves next year. He could be the NHL champ with 5 fights. Damn that's depressing.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Morin is not top 5 yet. He landed one good punch on Johnston and basically jumped Lemieux in a crap fight. Not a top 5 resume.

Lucic and Reaves are easily the top two. Johnston is up there with them but he hardly ever plays. Deslauriers and Macdermid probably round out the top 5. Chara would probably be top 5 but with only 1 fight in the past 12 months I gotta leave him out. Gabriel, Morin, Miller, and Wilson are close to top 5. Some guys not mentioned who could arguably be top 10-15 are Simmonds, Clifford, Kassian, Tinordi.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Greenway can't fight. Gabriel is a Paper Tiger.

Reactions: Villella McMeans

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
Morin is not top 5 yet. He landed one good punch on Johnston and basically jumped Lemieux in a crap fight. Not a top 5 resume.

Lucic and Reaves are easily the top two. Johnston is up there with them but he hardly ever plays. Deslauriers and Macdermid probably round out the top 5. Chara would probably be top 5 but with only 1 fight in the past 12 months I gotta leave him out. Gabriel, Morin, Miller, and Wilson are close to top 5. Some guys not mentioned who could arguably be top 10-15 are Simmonds, Clifford, Kassian, Tinordi.[/QU

Nick Ritchie is moving up

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Lucic is 100% in the Reaves/Morin/Johnston class.

Reaves
Lucic
Johnston/Morin
McDermid
Deslauriers
The Ritchie Bros
Wilson
Miller
Simmonds
Martin
Maroon

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Does Brady tkachuk rank top 10 yet? He's won his last handful of fights all against big physical guys. I guess we need a normal NHL season to see these guys go head to head.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Oleksiak?
Yes. Look at his fight card and who he has beaten.

He looked tentative after his knockout lost against Wilson, but he has done a good job this season maintaining his grip of the jersey (which he has had problems in the past with) and out landing his opponent in fights.

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown

Lucic and Reaves are easily the top two. Johnston is up there with them but he hardly ever plays. Deslauriers and Macdermid probably round out the top 5. Chara would probably be top 5 but with only 1 fight in the past 12 months I gotta leave him out. Gabriel, Morin, Miller, and Wilson are close to top 5. Some guys not mentioned who could arguably be top 10-15 are Simmonds, Clifford, Kassian, Tinordi.

Not kassian, he only fights guys smaller than him.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It just doesn't feel good to put Reaves at #1. Has ducked MacDermid at every opportunity and only fights "on his terms".
He also doesn't seem to like to mix it up with Lucic, either. I think Reaves is a solid fighter, but yeah, the fact that he hasn't mixed it up with Lucic is weird.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
He also doesn't seem to like to mix it up with Lucic, either. I think Reaves is a solid fighter, but yeah, the fact that he hasn't mixed it up with Lucic is weird.

Very solid fighter but he doesn't want to hurt his rep so he picks his spots. He's more of a bully than an enforcer but I guess that's the same thing nowadays.

Reactions: Gargamaul and Gyfu

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Very solid fighter but he doesn't want to hurt his rep so he picks his spots. He's more of a bully than an enforcer but I guess that's the same thing nowadays.
Yeah, I noticed he does the whole taunting/laughing thing these days, but didn't do that as much when the likes of McGrattan, Scott, Orr, McIntyre were in the league.

Reactions: BigKing

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown

Yeah nowadays too many bullies, but I think at least Lucic is honorable and not a bully, seen Looch go easy on some that challenged him when they went down and he never taunt anyone either.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
Does Brady tkachuk rank top 10 yet? He's won his last handful of fights all against big physical guys. I guess we need a normal NHL season to see these guys go head to head.

He won lots but not against anyone important so don't think he be top 10, he not a heavyweight like Lucic and Reeves - but he can definitely hold his own against middleweights like kassian etc.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Yeah nowadays too many bullies, but I think at least Lucic is honorable and not a bully, seen Looch go easy on some that challenged him when they went down and he never taunt anyone either.

The bully thing with Reaves is that most teams don't have anyone that can go with him since HWs are an almost extinct breed. This would allow him to bully softer teams anyways but he also uses his reputation on top of his physicality to do his job. If he took on every up-and-coming HW like the old champs used to do, he'd eventually get dropped and the mystique would not be the same.

He has nothing to gain by fighting MacDermid unless MacDermid forces him to do so by crushing a Knight. I just hate that shit though because Reaves was given every chance to establish himself when he was breaking in but he doesn't return the favor.

He's the worst HW champ of all-time. Liking him is like being a Mayweather Jr fan.

Reactions: Gyfu

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
The bully thing with Reaves is that most teams don't have anyone that can go with him since HWs are an almost extinct breed. This would allow him to bully softer teams anyways but he also uses his reputation on top of his physicality to do his job. If he took on every up-and-coming HW like the old champs used to do, he'd eventually get dropped and the mystique would not be the same.

He has nothing to gain by fighting MacDermid unless MacDermid forces him to do so by crushing a Knight. I just hate that shit though because Reaves was given every chance to establish himself when he was breaking in but he doesn't return the favor.

He's the worst HW champ of all-time. Liking him is like being a Mayweather Jr fan.

Haha yeah. Looch on the otherhand fights anyone who wants to fight him, that's when I see him dominate then go easy when he gets them down.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Haha yeah. Looch on the otherhand fights anyone who wants to fight him, that's when I see him dominate then go easy when he gets them down.

Lucic respects the trade and the code. Reaves is a clown.

Crazy that Reaves is older than him. Lucic has been around for so long that he feels older but he isn't. Can't even say they are from different eras although Lucic started in the NHL earlier. Was at his first game in LA when he fought Ivanans and was very impressed that a teenager was going with a guy as strong as Ivanans.

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
Lucic respects the trade and the code. Reaves is a clown.

Crazy that Reaves is older than him. Lucic has been around for so long that he feels older but he isn't. Can't even say they are from different eras although Lucic started in the NHL earlier. Was at his first game in LA when he fought Ivanans and was very impressed that a teenager was going with a guy as strong as Ivanans.

Yeah I always thought Lucic older than Reeves too. Less tough guys around now as time goes by and NHL teams need speed over toughness to win.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I can list 20 better than Brady, easily.

Not that are actually NHLers.

Lots of better fighters that are up and down in the AHL or out of the lineup or on a taxi squad for big chunks of the year.

Of regular NHLers, you'd be very hard pressed to find 20 better fighters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad