Value of: Top 4 LHD to the NJDevils

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
what? are you serious with that? :laugh:

Yes. The defenseMEN haven't been the problem. It's the forwards and system that leave our d-men hung out to dry on most nights. At worst they're average, and at best they're above average. I'm not saying that they're elite or anything.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Are you sure you've been watching the right team?

Yes I have.

bluesfan3109

Let's Go Blues!!!
Jan 26, 2015
STL/IL
Blues have a Shatty (I know you said don't wanna give up the assets for him already, but if you do...), Bouwmeester, Gunnarsson

Any or all of the above are available as well as a slightly used Lehtera if you need a C

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Yes. The defenseMEN haven't been the problem. It's the forwards and system that leave our d-men hung out to dry on most nights. At worst they're average, and at best they're above average. I'm not saying that they're elite or anything.

Yes I have.

I'm sorry, but that is totally, 100% false. the DMen overall are horrific positionally and have no idea how to get out of their own zone cleanly on a consistent basis. The game last night is a perfect example of this. the first 3 goals were HORRIBLE plays by our D.

theres not a chance in hell that the Devils' DMen are average or even above average. I honestly question what team you've been watching.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016

Seriously?

I haven't seen a more horrific set of blueliners in NJ since the "Mickey Mouse" days.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I'm sorry, but that is totally, 100% false. the DMen overall are horrific positionally and have no idea how to get out of their own zone cleanly on a consistent basis. The game last night is a perfect example of this. the first 3 goals were HORRIBLE plays by our D.

theres not a chance in hell that the Devils' DMen are average or even above average. I honestly question what team you've been watching.

You're cherry picking mistakes and not even looking at their game as a whole. Every team is gonna have players that make mistakes.

All the numbers would suggest the Devils defense has been fine, and quite frankly my eye test confirms those numbers.

Seriously?

I haven't seen a more horrific set of blueliners in NJ since the "Mickey Mouse" days.

I have. The defense from 2005 through 2010 was worse.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Devils fans could Greene be had? I think he and Weber would be an awesome pairing, would look to do something around Emelin + Scherbak +

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Devils fans could Greene be had? I think he and Weber would be an awesome pairing, would look to do something around Emelin + Scherbak +

I'm willing to trade Greene because I think Merrill is ready to replace him, plus Greene absolutely deserves another shot at the Cup.

That's an offer I'd actually have to think about.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I'm willing to trade Greene because I think Merrill is ready to replace him, plus Greene absolutely deserves another shot at the Cup.

That's an offer I'd actually have to think about.

I'd definitely be interested. What's the last +?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You're cherry picking mistakes and not even looking at their game as a whole. Every team is gonna have players that make mistakes.

All the numbers would suggest the Devils defense has been fine, and quite frankly my eye test confirms those numbers.

I have. The defense from 2005 through 2010 was worse.

I question whatever numbers youre using and your eyes.

the Devils D corps stinks. its bottom 3 in the NHL.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I feel like I've never seen a trade agreed to so quickly on these boards haha

Has Greene fallen off a lot? Still a dependable top pairing D?

I think he'd be fine paired with Weber. The Devils are going in a new direction based on youth. Scherbak and a 1st could either be part of the rebuild or be valuable trade commodities at some point.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Devils don't need any defensemen.

Devils fans should remember that this defense hasn't been completely healthy at any point of this season. Not even for one moment.

We essentially just added Merrill and Santini while losing Greene and Moore.

When this team is fully healthy or even close we have 8 good Dmen to choose from. Greene Severson Santini Merrill Lovejoy Moore Quincey Auvitu.

Any significant upgrade will take away from something else and we need all of our "something else"

Can we at least see a couple of game a with a healthy D first? Just maybe 1 or two?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
8 isn't the point. Merrill has made great strides this season and looks like a legitimate top 4 Dman.

Santini has come in and played extremely well albeit in a limited role, but he has helped this team.

We haven't had Greene and Merrill and Santini in the lineup at the same time this year.

Merrill giving us a solid top 4 option changes a lot. It forces one of Auvitu, Quincey or Moore to the 3rd pairing. We haven't had the opportunity to see this really at all this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad