Value of: Top 4 LHD to the NJDevils

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
What's wrong with Merrill Moore and Greene? Not a devils fan but thought they were good? Anyways, Pouliot from Pitt is available for the right price

Nothing is wrong with those three - I think they are all NHL defenseman - but Devils just need a better LHD. relying on those three doesn't work

Realistically, if the Devils want to be good, their D needs to look like this:

X - X
Greene - Severson
Merrill - Santini

Extra: Moore, Lovejoy

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Devils fans need to realize that even though their D-Core isn't good (Lovejoy and Moore suck), their forwards aren't great which doesn't help the defense.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Greene, Merrill, Auvitu (when he gets back), Quincey, and Moore is plenty good enough. We don't need defensemen, unless a team wants to take one of ours back. The Devils defense has been solid all year.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Devils fans need to realize that even though their D-Core isn't good (Lovejoy and Moore suck), their forwards aren't great which doesn't help the defense.

Moore and Lovejoy do not suck. When used correctly, they're important players to this team. Moore is good on the PP, and as a bottom pairing PMD he's fine. Lovejoy is a solid shutdown guy, and is good on the pk.

Their problem is that they're being misused.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Zacha +(+?) for a signed Shatty? NJD fans please dont murder me i know he is RHD

Zacha is not really available.

Greene, Merrill, Auvitu (when he gets back), Quincey, and Moore is plenty good enough. We don't need defensemen, unless a team wants to take one of ours back. The Devils defense has been solid all year.

what? are you serious with that? :laugh:

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I think with Merrill playing MUCH better, Shero protects him
So Greene, Severson, Merrill
A top-ish 4 guy would be better obviously. Any chance that guy could be Expansion exempt?

Zero chance he is exempt.

Almost everyone is having trouble protecting four top-4 guys. Someone good enough to play top-4 AND exempt is doubly valuable.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
What's wrong with Merrill Moore and Greene? Not a devils fan but thought they were good? Anyways, Pouliot from Pitt is available for the right price
Greene is declining and Moore is a bottom-pairing D-man ideally. Merrill though has really impressed of late. The team could still use a third quality LHD for depth purposes, but it probably makes sense to not acquire one until after the expansion draft.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
Greene is declining and Moore is a bottom-pairing D-man ideally. Merrill though has really impressed of late. The team could still use a third quality LHD for depth purposes, but it probably makes sense to not acquired one until after the expansion draft.

We have Auvitu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad