Value of: Top 4 LHD to New Jersey

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Kevan Miller for Zacha. Devils upgrade their left side with Boston’s best dman this postseason. Boston gets an affordable replacement for Riley nash ( I think Nash gets 3M from someone). Bruins don’t need miller despite wanting to keep him. But with mcavoy and Carlo locking down the right (Miller plays right for Boston but he’s naturally a left dman) and chara Krug grzcelyk, zboril, vaakananien, lauzon all left shot dmen who might be ready or are currently ready right now. I could see Boston selling high on Miller

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Kevan Miller for Zacha. Devils upgrade their left side with Boston’s best dman this postseason. Boston gets an affordable replacement for Riley nash ( I think Nash gets 3M from someone). Bruins don’t need miller despite wanting to keep him. But with mcavoy and Carlo locking down the right (Miller plays right for Boston but he’s naturally a left dman) and chara Krug grzcelyk, zboril, vaakananien, lauzon all left shot dmen who might be ready or are currently ready right now. I could see Boston selling high on Miller

I pass pretty easily. I don't think Miller is anywhere near the caliber of defenseman Brodin and Muzzin are.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Overpayment by NJ.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Zacha plus our first most likely.

Yikes, I figured zachas dissapointing start in the nhl would allow for a buy low oppurtunity. I think muzzin is really good. Really good dmen usually get 1 1st and 2 2nds. Surprised zacha has that kind of value

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yikes, I figured zachas dissapointing start in the nhl would allow for a buy low oppurtunity. I think muzzin is really good. Really good dmen usually get 1 1st and 2 2nds. Surprised zacha has that kind of value
Minnesota would be taking a risk and, truth be told, I'd hope our pro scouts do a better job of gauging that risk than any of us on here can. But if Zacha looks like he's a worthwhile bet he's absolutely the sort of player we'd be looking for.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Zacha is WAY better than his stats indicate, but he won't have the appropriate value until he starts putting the puck in the net more consistently.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
honestly I don't see us trading our 1st as we already don't have a 2nd or 3rd I do believe. I would suspect and prospect for prospect swap or free agent is what we will get.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Ron Hainsey for your 2019 2nd + Conditional 5th if you make the 2nd rd. and/or you win your division

Mid-range move. Led Pens blueliners in ice-time in their cup run and he plays the entire 2 minutes of our PK.

Leafs agree to terms with CDH 5.25M per for 3 years.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Ron Hainsey for your 2019 2nd + Conditional 5th if you make the 2nd rd. and/or you win your division

Mid-range move. Led Pens blueliners in ice-time in their cup run and he plays the entire 2 minutes of our PK.

No thanks.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Would. Larsson returned Hall; Hanifin is worth more.
Hanifin is extremely overrated. Being unwilling to trade him for Hall is ridiculous. People laughed when I said I'd take Provorov or Werenski ahead of him in that draft. People are still overrating him. Hall might win the Hart trophy and you wouldn't move Hanifin for him? He's the third or fourth best defenseman on a non-playoff team.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

I'd rather just sign de Haan to that deal ourselves.

Hainsey isn't the solution we're looking for. Again, the idea is to permanently bump Greene down a pairing or two.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Minnesota would be taking a risk and, truth be told, I'd hope our pro scouts do a better job of gauging that risk than any of us on here can. But if Zacha looks like he's a worthwhile bet he's absolutely the sort of player we'd be looking for.

It's an educated gamble. Where we stand, you'd be getting a middle-six LW/C with excellent defensive instincts/positioning, above-average PK skills and transition ability, and nearly every offensive tool in the book. It's just all about the toolbox with this kid... once he figures it out, he'll be a hell of a player. He's only 21.

If we didn't start competing out of nowhere and if we didn't have such a glaring, pressing need for a good LHD, I would want nothing to do with trading Zacha. But, alas...

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's an educated gamble. Where we stand, you'd be getting a middle-six LW/C with excellent defensive instincts/positioning, above-average PK skills and transition ability, and nearly every offensive tool in the book. It's just all about the toolbox with this kid... once he figures it out, he'll be a hell of a player. He's only 21.

If we didn't start competing out of nowhere and if we didn't have such a glaring, pressing need for a good LHD, I would want nothing to do with trading Zacha. But, alas...
I think hitting on Bratt, Hall, and Hischier has also made you brave, and has you questioning Zacha in contrast to them. It's been a long time since NJ has had that type of offensive punch, or at least that type of potential.

I would consider moving Brodin for Zacha+1st, but only after Suter's health is OK'ed. Don't think the trade would move the needle for the Wild, though. Zacha would be just another MOR player for MN to complain about.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Muzzin would cost a lot. He's a legit #1 D-Man.

I'd say Martinez/Forbort would be more likely to be moved.

I think your right here. To add I think Martinez should be moved before Muzzin or Forbort. The club took its time developing Forbort to be the defense defenseman and I don’t see them moving him now that that work is starting to pay off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad