Top 30 NHL Players #26

26th Best Player?

• Total voters

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I didn’t mention Pettersson. Read my post first before blindly homering in every single post for your Leafs.
While we're at it, lets recap your stance in this thread..

Tavares is better than Huberdeau, wheeler and Gaudreau. Despite them out scoring him last season.. because they are wingers and he is a center..

Marner is also better than a whole bunch of centers that scored roughly the same as he did. Some a little more, some a little less..

Do you not see the problem with this?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Your reply doesn't really have anything to do with what I Said, but ok.. Stamkos and Barkov Ahead of kane, kucherov and panarin for you then i assume?

Why would you assume that? Those are all different comparisons in their own specific contexts.

Marner is probably also too high for you? Point and stamkos should be Ahead of him right? Backstrom too.. who is not even close to being voted in yet.. scheifele, seguin, Aho... the list goes on..

Again, I don't know why you would assume this. And no, I don't believe Point and Stamkos should be ahead of him. Point does not have the offense to be comparable to Marner and Stamkos lacks some key skills at center. There's a reason he's been bounced at W and C for Tampa. I think it's also wrong to have Pettersson ahead of Marner, he's another one who lacks critical skills a center should have - defense and faceoffs, and Marner is again much better offensively than him.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So stamkos is better than marner and you voted accordingly in previous polls, correct?

And 94 point marner is a franchise player, but 92 point, Point is not? In 3 games less.. meaning point had a better pace.

We saw Point's SH% come back to earth and it's clear he is not a 90+ point player nor comparable to Marner offensively. Let's be objective here.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
We saw Point's SH% come back to earth and it's clear he is not a 90+ point player nor comparable to Marner offensively. Let's be objective here.

Why would you assume that? Those are all different comparisons in their own specific contexts.

Again, I don't know why you would assume this. And no, I don't believe Point and Stamkos should be ahead of him. Point does not have the offense to be comparable to Marner and Stamkos lacks some key skills at center. There's a reason he's been bounced at W and C for Tampa. I think it's also wrong to have Pettersson ahead of Marner, he's another one who lacks critical skills a center should have - defense and faceoffs, and Marner is again much better offensively than him.

Franchise C over franchise W.. Every time. Those were your words.. but now when it's marner, we suddenly have to consider a whole bunch of context that we didn't have to before.. your posts are ridiculous.. do you honestly believe you are the objective one here?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Franchise C over franchise W.. Every time. Those were your words.. but now when it's marner, we suddenly have to consider a whole bunch of context that we didn't have to before.. your posts are ridiculous.. do you honestly believe you are the objective one here?
You are wasting your time with that poster. He votes for the Leaf player in every single poll and then tries to justify it. And usually he tries to say something outrageous to create controversy. Not worth your time.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
It was close between Couturier/Huberdeau but I went with Couturier.

crazy how underrated Huberdeau is though

Add Makar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad