Ryan Ellis 1
Kris Letang
Jake Guentzel
Jamie Benn

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This time it has to be John Tavares. I know his season wasn't as good compared to the 2018-19 when he had a career high 47 goals and 88 points. However he still deserves the benefit of the doubt because of something like that.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Karlsson or Tavares. You people need to base this off more than just this season.
Add OEL

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I still don't know how Auston Matthews is better than Brad Marchand. Whatever.

LOL this is just the perfect comment for a completely unrelated poll. Just a perfect little snapshot.

Reactions: bert

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
This time it has to be John Tavares. I know his season wasn't as good compared to the 2018-19 when he had a career high 47 goals and 88 points. However he still deserves the benefit of the doubt because of something like that.

Where is the same "Benefit of the doubt" for gaudreau (99 pts last year), wheeler (91 pts), and Huberdeau (92 pts)?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I might be a biased Kings fan, but I take Kopitar over anyone left and many people already on the list.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
John Tavares AINEC. Should be in there ahead of Point and Stamkos.

Where is the same "Benefit of the doubt" for gaudreau (99 pts last year), wheeler (91 pts), and Huberdeau (92 pts)?

Franchise C > franchise winger. Every time. No GM in their right mind would take any of them over Tavares.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

Franchise C > franchise winger. Every time. No GM in their right mind would take any of them over Tavares.

Your reply doesn't really have anything to do with what I Said, but ok.. Stamkos and Barkov Ahead of kane, kucherov and panarin for you then i assume?

Marner is probably also too high for you? Point and stamkos should be Ahead of him right? Backstrom too.. who is not even close to being voted in yet.. scheifele, seguin, Aho... the list goes on..

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Marner is probably also too high for you? Point and stamkos should be Ahead of him right? Backstrom too.. who is not even close to being voted in yet.. scheifele, seguin, Aho... the list goes on..
If you think Marner is to high how about Pettersson considering he's had back to back seasons of 66 points and Marner has a 94 point season on his resume.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
If you think Marner is to high how about Pettersson considering he's had back to back seasons of 66 points and Marner has a 94 point season on his resume.

I didn't say he was too high. Im following your logic. You liked his posts so you obviously agree with him.

Try to read the posts you are replying too and think about what is actually being Said before you respond.

If franchise C > franchise wing, then i can only assume I will find you and your buddy voting for point, stamkos, scheifele, Aho etc... over Marner in previous threads, correct?

Im also still looking for a respons from you to my first post which you conveniently ignored.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Yes, of course. But subject to the exception that if the franchise winger is a Leaf, you take him over the franchise center every time.:laugh:
Honestly, you pick the Leaf every time so why bother with the long winded justifications.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I didn't say he was too high. Im following your logic. You liked his posts so you obviously agree with him.

Try to read the posts you are replying too and think about what is actually being Said before you respond.

If franchise C > franchise wing, then i can only assume I will find you and your buddy voting for point, stamkos, scheifele, Aho etc... over Marner in previous threads, correct?

Im also still looking for a respons from you to my first post which you conveniently ignored.
I was going to reply, however I saw what @IPS said which was basically going to be what I wanted to say. So there was no reason for me to say the exact same thing.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yes, of course. But subject to the exception that if the franchise winger is a Leaf, you take him over the franchise center every time.:laugh:
Honestly, you pick the Leaf every time so why bother with the long winded justifications.
A franchise winger who's already had a 94 point season, where as Pettersson has had back to back 66 point seasons.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I was going to reply, however I saw what @IPS said which was basically going to be what I wanted to say. So there was no reason for me to say the exact same thing.

So if franchise C > franchise w Every time, then I'm correct in assuming you think Aho, Seguin, scheifele, point and Stamkos are better than marner, correct? And if I go back and check the other polls, you voted for one of the franchise C's over Marner?

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So if franchise C > franchise w Every time, then I'm correct in assuming you think Aho, Seguin, scheifele, point and Stamkos are better than marner, correct? And if I go back and check the other polls, you voted for one of the franchise C's over Marner?
Among those players I think the only one you can call a franchise centre is Stamkos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad