Top 30 for 2012 and 2013, a few names to watch for 2014

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I think galchenyuk will most likely fall due to injury. Interesting to see ciampini so high, seems like a lot of people are liking his play so far, although I don't think he's 1st round caliber so far. Also I noticed brouillard for 13' interesting as I hadn't even heard of him until very recently he was a 3rd round pick in the q and I don't think many expeceted him to even make the volts, but he has done very well so far

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Nick Sorensen is tearing it in the Q with the Remparts. Came back from an injury and missed the entire preseason and couple of early season games, but still managed more than a PPG in 7 games.

As for Drouin, he should be in the 1st round for 2013 as of right now. He decided not to play in the Q this year so he could finish high school with his friends and play for the Lac St-Louis Lions in the Quebec Midget AAA. On internatinal stage at the Canada Winter Games and at the Telus Cup, he played really great and was a force with Anthony Duclair, another guy you should keep in your list of 1st round pick in 2013. He's now playing for the Remparts too.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think galchenyuk will most likely fall due to injury. Interesting to see ciampini so high, seems like a lot of people are liking his play so far, although I don't think he's 1st round caliber so far. Also I noticed brouillard for 13' interesting as I hadn't even heard of him until very recently he was a 3rd round pick in the q and I don't think many expeceted him to even make the volts, but he has done very well so far

Ciampini is just so good around the net. I'm actually not a huge fan of his game away from the puck or even in transition, but he's automatic within 5 feet of the net... I think I would be surprised to see him go in round 1 even though I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of the top 30 players out of this draft if that makes any sense.

pouskin74*

19 Kuptsov Sergei Right Wing Mississauga St. M.J. OHL RUS

29 Nichuskin Valeriy Right Wing Chelyabinsk MHL RUS

Kuptsov over Nichuskin? There is many prospects for 2013 better than Kuptsov in Russia but looks like CHL magic works well for people who have no idea about talents from Russia! sorry but its just laughable

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
CRISTOVAL ("BOO") NIEVES is not currently in the ISS top 30 for October but is noted as a "RISER"----the post that started this thread rankes him #30 (so kudos for insisting he is at least an end of first rounder--- HOWEVER my crystal ball (rhymes with Cristoval--get it?) says he could be this year's J.T. Miller in that he starts as at best a very late first rounder early in the year but at draft time will probably go mid-first as Miller did (if not higher!) ..of course MIller had a great World U-18,so whether Nieves goes from late first to mid-first (or better) probably also comes down to what he shows at the World U-18's...still my hunch is he does"rise" to at least mid-first because teams will not ignore the size and fillout projection combined with his speed and skill toolset ...hE probably is the "buzz" guy now firmly lighting up the radars of teams..

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Sasha Barkov is already the best center of his SM-liiga team(granted that others center suck though). 10 games, 6 points so far (should have 7 but league sucks at registering points).

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Darnell Nurse of the Soo Greyhounds, off to a slow start but has a ton of raw potential. 3rd overall pick in the OHL, plays a Chris Pronger type game... needs alot of strength training though.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Sasha Barkov is already the best center of his SM-liiga team(granted that others center suck though). 10 games, 6 points so far (should have 7 but league sucks at registering points).

Should have +10pts if his linemates could finish some of his several setups.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Darnell Nurse of the Soo Greyhounds, off to a slow start but has a ton of raw potential. 3rd overall pick in the OHL, plays a Chris Pronger type game... needs alot of strength training though.

Ooooooooooo. Forgot all about Darnell. Nurse is one of my favourite prospects in the OHL. Absolutely fantastic and effortless skater. Get him up there on your rankings :D

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Jaakko Hälli should be the top prospect from Finland for the 2014 draft.

An advanced defenseman for his age, but there might be others with a higher long term potential. To me Hälli looks to be about the same height as last season, so hopefully he hasn’t stopped growing. Not perfect prospects and there's a long way to go, but I find Joni Tuulola, Kasper Kapanen and Eetu Sopanen interesting at this point.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

An advanced defenseman for his age, but there might be others with a higher long term potential. To me Hälli looks to be about the same height as last season, so hopefully he hasn’t stopped growing. Not perfect prospects and there's a long way to go, but I find Joni Tuulola, Kasper Kapanen and Eetu Sopanen interesting at this point.

Any standout forwards?

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Any standout forwards?

Kapanen is a forward, but I wouldn’t call him a standout at this point, just an interesting prospect that could develop into a nice player. He has skill and scoring potential, but is behind in physical development in comparison to some other forwards in this age group.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
The upper end skill of the 2013 is unreal.

Monahan has 22 points in 12 games and MacKinnon has 24 in 15. This is a very intriguing group of 16 year olds. Gonna be awesome to watch next year.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
The upper end skill of the 2013 is unreal.

Monahan has 22 points in 12 games and MacKinnon has 24 in 15. This is a very intriguing group of 16 year olds. Gonna be awesome to watch next year.

Technically this season is Monahan's 17-year-old season. Last year would have been his 16-year-old year. But he's having a great year nonetheless.

tikkanen5rings*

Kapanen is a forward, but I wouldn’t call him a standout at this point, just an interesting prospect that could develop into a nice player. He has skill and scoring potential, but is behind in physical development in comparison to some other forwards in this age group.

Is his skating anything like his fathers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad