Top 30 for 2012 and 2013, a few names to watch for 2014

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
And another thing Garl I'm not going to list 5 Swedes in 2013 when there are North American kids tearing up the CHL.

Hmm, you should do some reading up on the swedes for 2013. Theres some good names out there, especially Brynäs center Elias Lindholm. Even when a couple of names like Wallmark and Crus-Rydberg has open the season so and so it still looks like a better draft for Sweden than 2012. I have read that scouts praised him over Filip Forsberg, since he stepped up his game in the important games in Ivan Hlinka.

Still it's fun that you list Wennberg, he is a very unknowned guy that has started this season brilliant for Djurgårdens superelit-team. He has no games for the National team before, but he will be given a chance now with the swedish u-18 team.

Theres especially some good swedish d-man in this draft, Cederholm, Hägg, Westlund, Krupic, Arnesson and so on.

It's not like 5 swedes in the first round is a ridicoulous, unthinkable number. There was 7 swedes in the firstround of 2009, 6 swedes in the firstround in 2011

Last edited:

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
www.thescoutingreport.org
I think Barkov might actually have a pretty good chance at being the first Finnish player selected 1st overall in the NHL Entry Draft. He's a tremendous talent, and he also has some of the size that MacKinnon lacks at this point.

I think you might be a little high on Harpur and Trevor Murphy for 2013 but that draft is a long way off yet.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Hmm, you should do some reading up on the swedes for 2013. Theres some good names out there, especially Brynäs center Elias Lindholm. Even when a couple of names like Wallmark and Crus-Rydberg has open the season so and so it still looks like a better draft for Sweden than 2012. I have read that scouts praised him over Filip Forsberg, since he stepped up his game in the important games in Ivan Hlinka.

Still it's fun that you list Wennberg, he is a very unknowned guy that has started this season brilliant for Djurgårdens superelit-team. He has no games for the National team before, but he will be given a chance now with the swedish u-18 team.

No love for Robert Hägg? I have seen him couple of times and he is very solid all-around defender.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Is his skating anything like his fathers?

Their skating styles look fairly similar, but Kasper doesn't have that much thrust/explosiveness in his lower body. He had a growth spurt during the summer and still looks very scrawny, so I imagine that he's just starting strength training.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Chase Deleo of Portland in the WHL is one to watch for 2014. Nic Petan too, i think he's 2013 but i'm not sure.

Nicholas Ritchie will definitely be highly coveted for the '14 NHL Draft. Get him on your radar. Big talented forward.

Marcantuoni continually keeps getting ranked waaaay higher than he should. He hasn't proved anything and I would be skeptical taking him any higher than 15th at this point in time.

Love lists though so well done.

I think it's his skating and his potential that's keeping him up so high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad