Top 3 prospects not to be traded that are not yet wearing the blue and gold?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Where I see Savoie's value to the Sabres is his speed and two way play. They have some fast players, but could use another, and Savoie also has short area quickness that some of our other fast guys don't have.

I also thought about bumping up Wahlberg's value to the team. I think if he was producing a little bit more, it'd be easier to project a higher ceiling, so I left him at mid. More value than Rosen due to size/play style.

Ostlund I love, and has value as a natural center, but if we sign Mitts that's 3 capable C's already on the roster, plus Krebs potential. So I left his value to the Sabres as mid high, same as Savoie and Kuli.

All arguable though. I appreciate your response.
I think there was concern at the draft about Savoie and his size and style combo; not because he’d be ineffective in the NHL, but because his style of play makes him injury prone, which is only been proven out so far since the draft. Being fearless and going to dirty areas is great, but it doesn’t help anyone if you’re on the sidelines all the time.

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Levi

Ostlund

Wahlberg

But no one is off limits if the right offer exists

1709595442295.png

Last edited:

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I think it's kind of funny Levi went from team saviour and goalie of the future to #1 prospect most likely to be traded lol

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Methinks you misread the title.

Pretty much everyone is thinking that Levi is the most likely prospect NOT to be dealt.
Ok yes I did read it wrong...I thought it was top 3 prospects to be traded lol...I was thinking, "wow the fans sure have turned on Devon fast" lolol

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
If I had to rank the top forward prospects for trade value and organizational value:

trade rankplayertrade valuevalue to Sabres
1Rosenmidmid low
2Kulichhighmid high
3SavoieHighHigh
4Wahlbergmid mid
5Ostlundmidhigh

All have potential to be good nhl players. All are tradeable, IMO.

Levi can't be traded because his value to the Sabres is very high, being the main goalie prospect anywhere near being nhl starter caliber.
Tweaked your values. I think Ostlund is over Mark Wahlberg as charismatic as he is on screen.
Re: Savoie, I don't think he has all that much value to the team (redundant, size/weight, injury history) or league (size/weight, injury history, low-value position).
So, Benson doesn't have much either. Same style players. It is odd to me the only true top line elite level prospect (Savoie) would have little value. I like Benson and Kulich but it is unrealistic to expect anything more than 60 point players. Savoie has game breaking skill; he was touted as one of the highest upside players in the draft and has done nothing to change that. You want to move Savoie, I want nothing less than a top line winger as the return, additions from the Sabres be as they may. No Sabres prospect has yet proven to be top line capable. Quinn is most likely the one to get there.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
The variation in responses just illustrates how truly strong our cupboard is. No answer is really wrong, just depends what characteristics you value most. Every one of the forward prospects has a shot to reach their potential and it was refreshing to see Novikov/Strbak/Komarov get some love in this thread.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I want to see some prospect skill exchanged for hard-nose/character on the NHL roster starting 2024-25. With that in mind, I would keep prospects that exemplify that character (Wahlburg, Poltopov) and be open to moving out ANY skill prospect not wearing the Sabres logo right now, with the exception of Levi.

But it has to be the right type of trade.

Reactions: Jacob582

Grinder44

Jun 6, 2006
Los Angeles
I'd be very hesitant to part ways with Levi at this point, but pretty much everyone else should be in play if the return makes the Sabres better now and over the next several seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad