Top 3 Panther goalies since the year 2000.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Nope but damn, its crazy to think how close they all were in terms of that percentage and where Clemm ranked:

1. Vokoun = 93.55% (232 pts)
2. Clemmensen = 81.67% (98 pts)
3. Luongo = 81.57% (270 pts)

If you instead do the percentage based on points accumulated versus total possible points, the ranking stays the same but the percentage obviously is lower

1. Vokoun = 46.77%
2. Clemmensen = 40.83%
3. Luongo = 40.79%

For all the hate Clemm got, he was pretty good except that one year where the team sucked completly. The way our current backup is playing, maybe people will see how valuable he was.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
What no love for Jani Hurme?

My list is the usual:
Luongo
Vokoun
Anderson

How about Richard Shulmistra? Probably the highest save percentage of any Panthers goaltender in this period who made more than 1 save...

granted, he only played 1 game :laugh: but he stopped 20 of 21 shots and got the win, good enough to call him our best ever :yo::sarcasm:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
How about Richard Shulmistra? Probably the highest save percentage of any Panthers goaltender in this period who made more than 1 save...

granted, he only played 1 game :laugh: but he stopped 20 of 21 shots and got the win, good enough to call him our best ever :yo::sarcasm:

OMFG YES! I remember his one game and after that we were outside playing road hockey and I was in net. Naturally I was none other than Richard Shumlistra. :handclap:

Wow blast from the past haha.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013

Hey by that criteria Brian Foster is GOAT. Flawless as a Panther.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Lu
Andy
Belfour

Timmy
Vokoun

None based on stats, pure performance based.

Belfour was such a pleasure to watch. I was lucky to be 5 rows behind him for 41 games that year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1