Top 3 Panther goalies since the year 2000.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Best
1. Roberto Luongo
2. Roberto Luongo
3. Roberto Luongo
HM: Bobby Lou

Worst
1. Tyler Plante
2. Brian Foster
3. Alex Auld
HM: Alexander Salak

Last edited:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
OP, I assume you mean how they played for us.

That's what I figured (otherwise Belfour would obviously have to be on the list).

Had trouble figuring out the order, but Vokoun was consistently good for a long time with us. Almost put him above Bobby Lou but Bobby had such a garbage team in front of him that he got the top spot imo.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
1. Clemm-daddy
2. Markstrom
3. Auld

*Honorable mention: Dan Ellis

:D

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I'll make an argument for putting Theodore and Vernon on top, as those are the only two who were the main backstops in playoff years for the Panthers (though Vernon had a lot of help from Trevor Kidd's run up to his November injury in 1999).

Vokoun and Anderson really seemed to be the best in terms of steady solid goaltending for those who spent more than 1 season in Florida, though Vokoun had bad starts most seasons and Anderson went through bad stretches too. They were a great tandem though.

Eddie Belfour was 27-17-10, one of the better records for the team despite a lower save %, in his one season here.

Luongo, for all his accolades, never backstopped a Panthers team to the playoffs, nor were they particularly close in any year in which he was the team's #1 goalie...Sure he's better than the parade of others whom I didn't mention, but he doesn't really deserve to be in the top 3 for all he achieved (or failed to) in Florida.

CoolburnIsGone

Interesting tidbit

Most GPs for the Panthers since 2000 in order:

1. Luongo (331)
2. Vokoun (248)
and you wont believe this but,
3. Clemmensen (120)

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
1. Luongo

2. Andy

3. Theodore

I like big butterfly style goaltenders. Vokoun had me yelling at my tv too much. The guy needed to be chained in net as much as he liked to travel. I gave Theodore some love for playing his butt off for this team.

CoolburnIsGone

And I'd say that he's the one of the three with the highest percentage of points (win-OT-OTL) per game played.
Nope but damn, its crazy to think how close they all were in terms of that percentage and where Clemm ranked:

1. Vokoun = 93.55% (232 pts)
2. Clemmensen = 81.67% (98 pts)
3. Luongo = 81.57% (270 pts)

If you instead do the percentage based on points accumulated versus total possible points, the ranking stays the same but the percentage obviously is lower

1. Vokoun = 46.77%
2. Clemmensen = 40.83%
3. Luongo = 40.79%

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
1) Luongo
2) Vokoun
3) Theodore

id put theo in 2nd but his sample size was too small compared to vokoun's.

top 3 isnt too hard. some people may have minor variations but itll all be kinda close. itll be more fun to list the 3 worst :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad