Top 3 Cup Contenders in the West

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I dont see it. They have improved no doubt but i dont see a contender just yet.

Why not? I don't follow the Flames closely but from a thousand foot view the only question mark seems to be Rittich/Smith. Rittich is doing well so far this year.

Reactions: Heldig

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
I dont see it. They have improved no doubt but i dont see a contender just yet.
You must have some hockey insight the rest of us don’t. The Flames are absolutely contenders by any objective metric. But, I’ll take your word for it...

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Why not? I don't follow the Flames closely but from a thousand foot view the only question mark seems to be Rittich/Smith. Rittich is doing well so far this year.
Yeah goaltending weak. Little to no elite talent up front.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Edmonton is sneaky good and the hard part of their schedule is finished, not to mention having the best player in the world doesn’t hurt:

1) Edmonton
2) Nashville
3) Colorado

Our record has nothing to do with how hard our schedule has been.
We need to get in the habit of showing up for 3 whole periods. I don't know if we've done it 10 times yet this season.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Yeah goaltending weak. Little to no elite talent up front.

Hmmmm.....[mod]

Flames - 4 Top 20 scorers in the NHL
Leafs - 1 Top 20 scorer in the NHL

Rittich - 0.918 S% / 2.47 GAA / 0.826 Win%
Andersen - 0.923 S% / 2.56 GAA / 0.667 Win%

So do tell.....if that's your assessment of the Flames, what do you think of your Leafs?

Not sure why I even bothered, your shtick is beyond obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Yes and none of them have ever come remotely close to that before.

Can you say "playing way over their heads"?

Oh sorry.

Didn't realize a 25 year old , 2x 24 years olds and a 21 year old were capable of improving season after season.

I apologize :help:

Big guns

Jan 24, 2019
Yes and none of them have ever come remotely close to that before.

Can you say "playing way over their heads"?
Can you say all under 25. But no chance for improvement of course because they play for calgary they will stagnate at 22.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
You think thats a "maybe"?

How did this become about toronto?

Some people are obviously very touchy? The leafs seem to have a spot in peoples heads.

dude, give it up, you are the only person in way over your head. What's gonna happen? All 4 of our elite talents up front are just going to fall off a cliff after the break?? I mean sure, like almost everyone else, they'll slow down. We are not even talking about our Norris dman or Brodie, Hanifin, Hamonic, etc...They only worry is in net, but recently Smith is rounding out, and Rittich has been amazing all year.

To be quite frank, hopefully most of the NHL feels the same way about the flames as you do. Just plays into our hands.

troooooolololololololololololololol!!!!

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
As a flames fan the only team that truly scares me in the west is Winnipeg. I feel like we matchup well with SJ, Vegas, and Nashville. Though admittedly playing any of these teams would be a tough test for us.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Will be interesting to see how Calgary translates regular season success to the playoffs. Very young guys on that roster that have never done it before. It usually takes a couple tries for a young roster to figure it out in the playoffs.

Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad