Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Florida, St Louis and Colorado imo

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Bottom-5 team in attendance in the last Thirty years

Reality is harsh sometimes. Maybe the fans should turn out even when the team isnt winning four Cups in a row

I don’t know what reality you live in to say the coliseum and Islander fans don’t get loud. The coliseum is one of the best environments in hockey come playoff time and that is a reality.

Reactions: sabremike

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
I don’t know what reality you live in to say the coliseum and Islander fans don’t get loud. The coliseum is one of the best environments in hockey come playoff time and that is a reality.
I never said the Coliseum doesnt get loud; it set the indoor record for decibels

Im simply stating a poll for top-5 fan bases when it comes to noise shouldnt include NY as its because their roof is almost 30' shorter than the next closest in Winnipeg

the Islanders are even building the new arena at around 105' instead of higher, which would raise revenue and add more seats. They did this specifically for the acoustics and because fans requested it in numbers

Im a local, i may shit on NY teams but I know what Im talking about

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Winnipeg, Boston, Montreal

Only reason toronto isn't here is too many people there are corporate suits who show up in suits.

I remember going a a leafs game years ago cause my dad got platinum tickets from a customer and everyone around in the expensive seats were literally suited up.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
2006 Edmonton ... hard to fathom anything being louder / crazier then that. Game 6 of the finals was insane

Las Vegas really knows how to get the arena buzzing too with all the pre game festivities.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Ottawa should be up there. Our fans are so thoughtful and utilitarian in their love of hockey that we’ll even occasionally leave some seats free for visitors/opposing fans.

Not our fault the other team’s fans are too cheap/not fan enough to buy the tickets.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Vegas was really impressive when I was there during the finals 2018. Sounds like they're keeping it up.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I never said the Coliseum doesnt get loud; it set the indoor record for decibels

Im simply stating a poll for top-5 fan bases when it comes to noise shouldnt include NY as its because their roof is almost 30' shorter than the next closest in Winnipeg

the Islanders are even building the new arena at around 105' instead of higher, which would raise revenue and add more seats. They did this specifically for the acoustics and because fans requested it in numbers

Im a local, i may shit on NY teams but I know what Im talking about
Um the atmosphere at the shithole on Flatbush Avenue was just about as wild and loud as the Coliseum, particularly for the series vs Florida. I've been to just about any sporting event you can think of and when *redacted* scored the winner in game 6 it was as loud as any event I have ever been to.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Islanders, Carolina and Nashville. Lots of fans who make noise and enjoy the games. "Bigger" teams often have too many people as corporate guests, and also people who just want to be seen with the "hottest ticket in town" and just stare at their phones and post instagram pictures all game.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I took the question as best arena atmosphere in the playoffs, because those are the fans of the other teams we see in the playoffs.

With that interpretation in mind, there is no question it's the Islanders and Nashville at #1 and 2, then Carolina at three with Vegas close behind. Panthers fans also put in a really good showing this playoffs I'm curious as to what other people used as criteria, because with the crowd atmosphere criteria, any answer that doesn't only include one of these five teams just feels...wrong.

There are lots of other teams that have good crowds. As a Sens fan in Ottawa, I've been to some of our playoff games, and the building was very loud. I still wouldn't put us up there with the top crowds. You can feel the hostility towards the other team and the excitement, enthusiasm, and support for their own radiating through the screen when watching best crowds. Most crowds don't seem as "intimidating" as the big boys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad