Top 25 players under the age of 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inactive

Jul 27, 2002
Lehtonen32 said:
Well you failed pretty miserably with the 'under-23' criteria, but who's counting. ;)

yah i know.. i was looking at guys who were rookies last year though, and i didnt really think if they were 23 or not..

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
PanthersRule said:
Kovalchuk, Heatley, Semin, Spezza, Lehtonen, Bouwmeester, Nash, Horton, Ovechkin (even if he hasn't played an NHL game, he's phenomenal), Staal, Zherdev, Michalek, Svatos, Gaborik, Paul Martin (if he's under 23, I forget, he may be 23 or 24), Hamhuis, Pitkanen, Erhoff, Weiss,

I dunno. I guarantee you I forgot a ton. This was just off the top of my head.

From FLA, at least Bouwmeester, Horton, and maybe Weiss.

Bare in mind all the players here have played in hte NHL a considerable amount aside from Ovechkin. He's just awesome though.

Paul Martin is 23. And he should be on everybody's list too.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I tried to keep it to players with NHL experience

Kovalchuk
Heatley
Nash
Gaborik
Havlat
Spezza
Zherdev
Staal
Bouwmeester
Horton
Hamhuis
Semin
Frolov
Hemsky
Hartnell
Bergeron
Pitkanen
Ruutu
Torres
Weiss
Jackman
Volchenkov
Fleury
Stajan
I couldnt figure out who for #25
Stoll/Kobasew/Svitov/King/Vermette/Klesla/Komisarek/Exelby are all in there

I havent seen a most of the prospects (no NHL experience) ouside of a few times WJC's etc... so I didnt include them.

Last edited:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I think the purpose of this thread was the top 25 NHL PLAYERS. Not prospects. I only included NHL players in my random list and Ovechkin because of his superiority he has shown against top level competition. He's the only one who hasn't played an NHL game and he is my exception. If you put the top 25 players under 23, heck just take the top prospects list an mix it in with all the draft picks from the last 5 years. There's a reason it's for the top 25 NHL players I think.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
hillbilly said:
I think scott Hartnell should be mentioned, I don't think I saw him on anyone's list, and I think he definately belongs on it

I deleted most of my post just kept Hartnell and the name above and below him.

Bileur said:
Hemsky
Hartnell
Bergeron

He's on Kritty's list too

Kritty said:
Hemsky
Hartnell

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If Crosby's not on your list then let's call them "The top 25 eighteen to twenty three year old's list". :)

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
If Crosby's not on your list then let's call them "The top 25 eighteen to twenty three year old's list". :)

How can you call a 17 year old that has proven ZERO at the pro level one of the top players under 23? Right now he is the top junior player, nothing more. Regardless of what people think, he isn't at that level. I'll take a Nash or Kovalchuk over Crosby at this point. Crosby still has that chance to not live up to the hype. Will it happen? I don't think so, but it could. I don't see how anyone can put him above players that are established at the pro level.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Crosbyfan said:
Why?

He isn't an NHL prospect until he is affiliated with an NHL team.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Lou is God said:
Well apparently I can't because he's not under 23. :banghead:

But if it was 23, I think I could make a case and a very good one too.

Kritty said:
Sorry, my mistake. I meant to put 23 and under, not under 23. Sorry for the confusion.

Thats already been cleared up. :)

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Kritty said:
How can you call a 17 year old that has proven ZERO at the pro level one of the top players under 23? Right now he is the top junior player, nothing more. Regardless of what people think, he isn't at that level. I'll take a Nash or Kovalchuk over Crosby at this point. Crosby still has that chance to not live up to the hype. Will it happen? I don't think so, but it could. I don't see how anyone can put him above players that are established at the pro level.

Are Nash and Kovulchuk your #24 & 25?

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
TML said:
I know.

Stajan is nowhere near the Gaborik's, Kovalchuk's, Nash's, etc... but when I see Zyblany Michalek, Backman, Koltsov, Semenov, and Kobasew ahead of Stajan, it irks me.

He would make the top 30 but I don't know about top 25. His potential isn't as high as some of these other guys on this list. :(

mooseOAK*

BuppY said:
He would make the top 30 but I don't know about top 25. His potential isn't as high as some of these other guys on this list. :(

That's what I love about these lists. Potential always trumps actually producing.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
Are Nash and Kovulchuk your #24 & 25?

It's pretty simple. Crosby is a junior player, thus there is no way you can take him over an NHL talent that is 18 or older, that's just common sense. Once he has proven something, then things might change. By your name is pretty simple to see that trying to convince you about anything that doesn't say Crosby is god is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad