Prospect Info: Top 25 Habs Prospect Rankings – #2

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'd say Lehkonen

On a different, but not-unrelated topic, Bleacher Report ranked our prospect pool as the 8th best in the league:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...-results-re-ranking-every-teams-prospect-pool

I really don't know what other teams have but I'll stick to my guns and say that we have a pretty damn decent pool for where we've been picking the last 4-5 years.

Sergachev and Bitten are pretty significant additions. Mete's pretty solid too upside wise.

I swear McCarron has top 6 upside. he's not a lock but he has so much room to improve just from physical maturation alone. Most of his weaknesses can easily be fixed with dedicated off season training the next few years. A dedication that he's shown in the past few years to be more than willing to give himself to.

McCarron is #2 because his floor seems to be pretty high. Higher than most. He's a virtual lock imo to be an NHLer. Very good possiblity he's at least a 3rd liner that wins you playoff games and a great asset on the PP. Decent chance (imo) he can be a top 6er.

There's a part of me that still puts him at #1 but I won't argue with the Sergachev decision in the least. I have tons of faith in McCarron. Bitten too.

I really think in a few years Bitten has a chance to be in our top 3 prospects. Have a really really good feeling about him.

You just can't ignore our depth. It's quality too. I'll say it till I'm hoarse that our drafting has vastly improved under MB. It's still too early to tell for sure but I think we'll be pleasantly surprised down the road. I like all of our 1st rounders under him quite a bit. 5 in a row. Haven't been able to say that in a long time.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Voted Lehkonen
But I could have easily voted for Scherbak.
I really like McCarron but the other 2 have more potential of being top 6 imo.

I really like our prospects so I see this as a nice problem that all the votes are getting divided by 3 prospects.
I see Lehkonen play at least 20 times and seen 95% of the Caps games last year and was really impressed with Lehkonen game.
I think it will be a nice surprise to fans that haven't had a chance to watch Lehkonen play.
Go Habs Prospects GO :clap:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...really, really close for me between Sherbak and Big Mac, but I voted Sherby by a hair due to his higher ceiling...that said, while I wouldn't trade either player unless the deal was exceptional, I'd honestly trade Sherbak before I'd even consider trading Big Mac...

get25

Oct 17, 2015
For now it is Scherback, McCaron, Lehkonen.

At the same time, Lehkonen has proven more in SHL than McCaron did.
And McCaron has proven more in AHL than Scherback did.

In NHL, McCaron did not really had good linemates as shown in this.
He was paired with Matteau, Brown, Lessio, Carr, Danault, DLR, Mitchell and Hudon.
In game 65, he was given 4:48 with Galchenyuk and Eller.
Also a few minutes on PP (Game 34, 65, 71 and 77 - total is about 5 or 6 minutes).

If this is the way they are going to manage him, they better keep him in AHL where he will get 18-20 minutes per game.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sergachev/juulsen is super nice but team needs to find some game breakers up front. not seeing it in anyone including scherbak

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Sergachev/juulsen is super nice but team needs to find some game breakers up front. not seeing it in anyone including scherbak

Are you able to watch AHL games? I ask simply because we've seen little to none of many of our top prospects in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad