Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Scherbak, add whoever because they won't get any votes in the top12 :laugh:

EDIT: Actually, add Nygren.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You know the farm stinks when every year our new first round pick becomes our best prospect.
How's that true? That would be true for most teams that pick in the Top-10 unless they pick in the Top-10 every year.

Now if Bitten ends up being in our Top-5, then there's an issue.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
How's that true? That would be true for most teams that pick in the Top-10 unless they pick in the Top-10 every year.

Now if Bitten ends up being in our Top-5, then there's an issue.

I dunno most teams should have their last couple 1st round picks developing into better prospects than the guy they just plucked out of the mire. Maybe next year the new guy in town will be ranked ahead of Sergachev.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
PROSPECTS LEFT

Max Friberg <--Didn't see him on your list
Lucas Lessio <-- Guessing he might still get signed
Darren Dietz <-- Guessing he might still get signed
Morgan Ellis <-- Guessing he might still get signed

Michael Bournival <-- Not officially gone
Mac Bennett <-- Not officially gone

Stefan Matteau <-- Might end up back in the AHL

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
I dunno most teams should have their last couple 1st round picks developing into better prospects than the guy they just plucked out of the mire. Maybe next year the new guy in town will be ranked ahead of Sergachev.

Not when you're comparing players drafted 10th and 25th. Yes it would be nice to have blue chip prospects drafted years prior, but unfortunately for our prospect pool we were busy being a good team. McCarron and Scherbak aren't even bad prospects, it's just that Sergachev is arguably the best defenseman in this draft and he does deserve to be ranked over them.

The only way Sergachev gets overtaken as our #1 is if we get another top 10 pick and the player is more promising, which is very unlikely.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
PROSPECTS LEFT

Max Friberg <--Didn't see him on your list
Lucas Lessio <-- Guessing he might still get signed
Darren Dietz <-- Guessing he might still get signed
Morgan Ellis <-- Guessing he might still get signed

Michael Bournival <-- Not officially gone
Mac Bennett <-- Not officially gone

Stefan Matteau <-- Might end up back in the AHL

Matteau played too many games in NHL, same for Lessio.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I really don't see 1st-line potential in our prospects, maybe just Scherbak. Big maybe.

Scherbak: 8C

Lehkonen: 7C
Réway: 7.5D

McCarron: 6B
Hudon: 6.5C

DLR: 4B

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I think McCarron is more likely to reach his potential, and it is already safe to say that he will be a useful NHLer even if he doesn't. That's why I voted for him over Scherbak.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think McCarron is more likely to reach his potential, and it is already safe to say that he will be a useful NHLer even if he doesn't. That's why I voted for him over Scherbak.

Yes well his potential is basically 3rd liner. It's nice to have him and all, but some people are overrating him too much and I hope it doesn't get to his head like Lapierre or Weise.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Yes well his potential is basically 3rd liner. It's nice to have him and all, but some people are overrating him too much and I hope it doesn't get to his head like Lapierre or Weise.

I'll take a 6'6 230 third liner that plays physical, and can put up 20/20, every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'll take a 6'6 230 third liner that plays physical, and can put up 20/20, every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Same here except I'll take a 6'2" potential top 6 scorer before that and also I'd take a potential top 4 dman (Juulsen) before that as well.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Same here except I'll take a 6'2" potential top 6 scorer before that and also I'd take a potential top 4 dman (Juulsen) before that as well.

As I said, I voted McCarron because I think the chances are much higher that he does reach his potential. Scherbak could still bust, McCarron... not likely.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
As I said, I voted McCarron because I think the chances are much higher that he does reach his potential. Scherbak could still bust, McCarron... not likely.

I don't think the difference is this wide. Scherbak busting is pretty damn far, same for Juulsen. It isn't like comparing all 3 of them to Lehkonen who I think is on shakier grounds.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I don't think the difference is this wide. Scherbak busting is pretty damn far, same for Juulsen. It isn't like comparing all 3 of them to Lehkonen who I think is on shakier grounds.

You could be right. I have to say I was really dissapointed with his last season, even if he had to deal with injuries. Let's hope he rebounds this season...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan

How is Lehkonen on shakier grounds exactly? He has heart, he's fearless a la Gallagher and he has average size. He was our prospect with the best season this year and his stock would have been even higher if he didn't have mono last year which hurt his numbers. His defensive game was sound enough to be used as a defensive guy at the World Juniors. Lehkonen is a guaranteed middle nine forward at the very least.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How is Lehkonen on shakier grounds exactly? He has heart, he's fearless a la Gallagher and he has average size. He was our prospect with the best season this year and his stock would have been even higher if he didn't have mono last year which hurt his numbers. His defensive game was sound enough to be used as a defensive guy at the World Juniors. Lehkonen is a guaranteed middle nine forward at the very least.

Quickness, physicality & strength. The guy needs to play in North America regularly before I feel more comfortable with his stock. Same with Reway.

Far from guaranteed, that's just marketing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad