Top 20 Oilers Prospects (Poll #11)

11th Best Oilers Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'll be making a series of polls to determine the Oilers consensus top-20 prospects on HFOil.

1. RD Evan Bouchard - 95%
2. LD Philip Broberg - 65%
3. LD Dimitri Samorukov - 49%
4. LW Tyler Benson - 65%
5. LD Caleb Jones - 50%
6. RW Kailer Yamamoto - 53%
7. RW Raphael Lavoie - 46%
8. C Ryan McLeod - 40%
9. C Cooper Marody - 42%
10. RD Ethan Bear - 45%

Let me know who I should for the coming polls.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Lagesson, then Maksimov, then Persson for me. I think there is quite a drop-off after those three.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
You would really like to see a goaltender rise at this point. We have used a lot of fairly high (First 3 rounds) on Skinner, Rodrigue, Konovalov. They are such a voodoo and their development is linear. We really need at least one of these guys to work out.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
It's just so hard to judge goalies that they're always going to dip in these rankings. I feel like Skinner and Starrett are excellent chances at a starter and even if not we have 2 other great chances in Rodrigue and Konovalov. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised but theyll never be high here.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Lagesson then Persson then Maksimov for me. Agree about the drop off after that, though I'm pretty biased against goalie prospects due to a total personal inability to judge them, haha.
They are so weird. Look good one year and then the next year they are out of the game.

I'm looking at you Nick Ellis

Reactions: Aerrol

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Put it this way... if an injury happens on the Oilers roster... which player do you think would step in...

From my view...

Persson
Starrett

(And yes I know this isn't a perfect way to judge prospects... but in the #10-20 stage, I think this at least helps to sort through the players that could be NHL players vs those that may never become roster players.

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
Gambardella & Currie are both Calder eligible for next year I would add them soon if you are not capping at a certain age for this list.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I like Persson, but I’m not sure he should be part of this poll, unless you want to add in Haas and Nygård too.

Gambardella & Currie are both Calder eligible for next year I would add them soon if you are not capping at a certain age for this list.

Same would apply to these two. (And P. Russell)

A bit like when Rattie signed here, they’re guys in their mid-20 with some upside, but I wouldn’t quite classify them as prospects in a traditional sense (or at least, as I would Lagesson or Maksimov)

slim2001

Aug 2, 2008
Alberta
I like Persson, but I’m not sure he should be part of this poll, unless you want to add in Haas and Nygård too.

Same would apply to these two. (And P. Russell)

A bit like when Rattie signed here, they’re guys in their mid-20 with some upside, but I wouldn’t quite classify them as prospects in a traditional sense (or at least, as I would Lagesson or Maksimov)

Agreed an age limit would be best Gambardella is the same age Persson maybe 25 and under? The rest are 26 and older.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
What a bad prospect pool.... some “ok” DMen but forwards are a void... and yeah Nick Ellis...???? WTF!!???

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Love how underrated Maksimov is on here. IMO our second best forward prospect after Benson
His skill set matches team need so well. They guy can score and he plays with a bite. As you know he has had problems with discipline but if he can focus this it can play to his advantage because he will get under people's skin.

If the Oiler forward prospects reach their potential there is enough there to make a difference. They already have the elite talent part covered which is the most challenging part to find. But they do need at least two of Benson, Yamamoto, Maksimov, McLeod, Marody and Lavoie to turn into players to make it easier to put together a real contender. Like you I think Maksimov has a shot to be a difference maker.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad