Top 20 Montreal Canadiens Forwards since 2000 - #6

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I choose Ryder, he may not be the best player on the ice but he scored so many goals in a habs uniform. Well, he did score 109 goals in season but only 2 in playoffs games. I would still take him over any of those guys above.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Hard to pick between Gionta, Ryder and Vanek. Vanek spent little time here, but easily one of the most talented players to wear the uniform despite his effort (or lack thereof).

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Cammalleri Plekanec Kovalev
Pacioretty Koivu Gionta

With each player at their peak in their time with the Habs, that ain't a bad looking top 6 skill-wise.

Also, by the end of this year, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and maybe Eller can change the way the list is ordered.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Cammalleri Plekanec Kovalev
Pacioretty Koivu Gionta

With each player at their peak in their time with the Habs, that ain't a bad looking top 6 skill-wise.

Also, by the end of this year, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and maybe Eller can change the way the list is ordered.

Are you kidding me?

In order for Galchenyuk to be in the top 6 he needs to break out with 80 pts this season... it's not happening.

As much as I like Gallagher, he's not good enough to be ahead of those 6.

And Eller has no business being in this conversation.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Are you kidding me?

In order for Galchenyuk to be in the top 6 he needs to break out with 80 pts.

As much as I like Gallagher, he's not good enough to be ahead of those 6.

And Eller has no business being in this conversation.

Wow, talk about missing the point. It's clear that I mean that if they breakout, the list will change. Also, I didn't say anything about the top 6 list, but the list in general. Breathe.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Wow, talk about missing the point. It's clear that I mean that if they breakout, the list will change. Also, I didn't say anything about the top 6 list, but the list in general. Breathe.

Oh, ok I though you were talking about the top 6 list. Makes more sense then.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Oh, ok I though you were talking about the top 6 list. Makes more sense then.

No worries :).

Also, as the list is unfolding, I don't see the forward group being as bad as it was made out to be in the previous threads. The one thing that stands out is the lack of an elite forward and a quality #1 centreman, but the forward group is definitely above average and reflects the varied placed in the standings the Canadiens have had in the last 10-15 years.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I voted for AK, he's always been criminally underrated around here. Lethal shot and he hits like a train. I'll always remember that one in particular

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I voted for Ryder but let me be the 1st to say this is going to be a pathetic Top 20 for 14 years of hockey, it's no wonder we've sucked so bad

If it wasn't for Theodore, Price, Halak and a good D that carried our PP we'd be the Oilers

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I voted for AK, he's always been criminally underrated around here. Lethal shot and he hits like a train. I'll always remember that one in particular

I fail to see anything that supports Kostitsyn ahead of David Desharnais, unless you give HUGE weight to longevity/number of seasons and to goalscoring vs. playmaking, in which case Gionta, Ryder, Zednik and maybe others I can't think of at the moment, including Yanic Perreault, have to be ahead. And DD is a damn long shot for the Top-10.

Add the only player who led the team in scoring that is not available -- Oleg Petrov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad