Prospect Info: Top 20 Flyers Prospects(#1)

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
1. Laughton
2. Morin
3. Hagg
4. Stolarz
5. Cousins
6. Gostisbehere
7. McGinn
8. Straka

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I went with Morin, if everything goes right with him he'll be a very good #2 defenseman. The best we can hope for with Laughton IMO is a 2nd line center.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
1. Laughton
2. Hagg
3. Morin
4. Gostisbehere
5. Straka
6. Stolarz (I hate even rating goalies)
7. Cousins
8. McGinn
9. Noebels
10. Leier

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
In the first thread, can we decide what this will be based off of? Where they are right now (aka how quickly they'll make the Flyers) or what their ceiling is (how good they COULD be).

I'd prefer ceiling, if I were to cast a vote.

QFE!!!

Can we start simultaneous rankings?

NUMERICAL (Potential/ Ceiling)
0.0 -> 10.0

ALPHABETICAL (Early Impact/ Chance)
A+ -> F-

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
QFE!!!

Can we start simultaneous rankings?

NUMERICAL (Potential/ Ceiling)
0.0 -> 10.0

ALPHABETICAL (Early Impact/ Chance)
A+ -> F-

But if we're trying to rank them it needs to just be one scale. If someone is an 9D and another player is an 8A how do you choose who you take?

I really think we should just rank them based on, if they were all available to be drafted today, who would you take?

From this list, I would take Laughton if they were all on the draft board today. I think he's all but a lock to be an effective 3rd line center with potential to be a 2nd line center/wing that can put up 50 points a year. With Morin, while he could potentially be a #2D, there also a chance he completely busts and never makes any impact in the NHL.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
But if we're trying to rank them it needs to just be one scale. If someone is an 9D and another player is an 8A how do you choose who you take?

I really think we should just rank them based on, if they were all available to be drafted today, who would you take?

From this list, I would take Laughton if they were all on the draft board today. I think he's all but a lock to be an effective 3rd line center with potential to be a 2nd line center/wing that can put up 50 points a year. With Morin, while he could potentially be a #2D, there also a chance he completely busts and never makes any impact in the NHL.

I wasn't intending for a composite ranking, but rather two separate threads. It seems to me that both philosophical parties (potential vs impact) were pretty entrenched last time we discussed this. And we were all confused by the end haha..

gongshow519

May 28, 2012
I love haggs potential.. He was a steal where we got him I thought he was for sure going first round

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I wasn't intending for a composite ranking, but rather two separate threads. It seems to me that both philosophical parties (potential vs impact) were pretty entrenched last time we discussed this. And we were all confused by the end haha..

EXACTLY! That's why I wanted it sorted out in thread #1 :laugh: People are now saying use the "which player would you draft if the draft was today"...well I still go Morin. Highest ceiling and positional need.

seanerixon

Call me crazy, but my top 5 is as followed, after seeing the development camp:

1. Laughton
2. Hagg
3. Morin
4. Gostisbehere
5. Cousin
6. Stolarz

I added the sixth, because it'd be nice to be excited about a young potential goalie the Flyers may not give up on, for once..

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I can't believe we're still on number 1. By the time we finish the players we are voting for will be retired.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00