• Mathias From

• Graham Knott

• Radovan Bondra

Results are only viewable after voting.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Mason Appleton was like #16 or #19 on the Jets board last year - now he is their #4 prospect...reasons like that are why we do this. They all do not make it, but some do surprise and make massive jumps. Same reason why guys like Shaw, Byfuglien, Gaudreau, etc are all NHL players despite being drafted in later rounds...you never know what happens, and a lot of these kids do have promise so it is fun to discuss and hope we find the next Shaw or even Appleton.

Last edited:
Reactions: CallMeShaft

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You missed my original point. None of us can tell what’s inside someone that makes one succeed while another doesn’t. I just stated that the odds were long for anybody beyond the top 7-10 on our list, given historical data.

Based on historical data sure but most of the top 10 if not all have a pretty damn good chance of being NHL players in some function. This is a good of a prospect pool as the Hawks have had in a long time. Are they all going to be top 6, top 4, or a starting goalie? No but I willing to bet most make it based on their talent. The "what's inside" argument and how you can't judge it is fine but prospects are based on talent at this point. Remember when people judged TT's heart and said he would not cut it? And just the opposite with other prospects? No one ever knows.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Mason Appleton was like #16 or #19 on the Jets board last year - now he is their #4 prospect...reasons like that are why we do this. They all do not make it, but some do surprise and make massive jumps. Same reason why guys like Shaw, Byfuglien, Gaudreau, etc are all NHL players despite being drafted in later rounds...you never know what happens, and a lot of these kids do have promise so it is fun to discuss and hope we find the next Shaw or even Appleton.
There was a top prospects from each team main board post I saw someone link to last week from 06/07. Seeing names of wash outs and guys that hit all up and down is what you get.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You missed my original point. None of us can tell what’s inside someone that makes one succeed while another doesn’t. I just stated that the odds were long for anybody beyond the top 7-10 on our list, given historical data.

And this is why teams try to gauge character as a top requisite after talent. Not an easy task when we're talking about teenagers.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Exactly. The overhype of Blackhawks' prospects has been going on for years. The optimism can be contagious but it also needs to be tempered.
Arent you one of the few that hypes Fortin all the time... you know, the dude that has had zero sustained success in any league ever? :huh:

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Goosh this negativity here. We aren’t allowed to talk about prospects ceilings in optimistic ways because historial data?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad