#3 - Dylan Sikura (38.9%)
#4 - Ian Mitchell (55.8%)
#5 - Gustav Forsling (44.1%)
#6 - Nicolas Beaudin (45.6%)

images

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
All 14 votes as of right now are in favor of Wise. Think he's going to win this one...

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Soderlund, Krys, Carlsson, and Ejdsell all are guys I could see going at #8.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Wanted Wise before the previous two, so third time’s the charm.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I think we’ve hit the end of the prospects who likely will make it beyond a handful of games here and there. The rest seem like it’ll be a crapshoot, as most second round and beyond draft picks are. Desire. It will be a question of who wants it most...what’s inside...who works the hardest, etc... None of us can really tell.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think we’ve hit the end of the prospects who likely will make it beyond a handful of games here and there. The rest seem like it’ll be a crapshoot, as most second round and beyond draft picks are. Desire. It will be a question of who wants it most...what’s inside...who works the hardest, etc... None of us can really tell.

No not really.

This point will come for sure but not yet.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Scott Powers had Kayumov ranked at #7 on his top prospects fwiw
Interesting as I've seen some rank Altybarmakyan above Kayumov. Since they looked somewhat equal in the international tourneys last year but Alty is a year younger

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Completely disagree with this. The rest are a crapshoot to people because of exposure. Most of the remaining players play overseas. Carlsson is a good example. I mean he was second on his team in TOI in the SHL finals two years ago as a 19 year old while not on the top PP. Being depended on in key defensive situations in good pro leagues at that age is huge but you don’t get hype if you play overseas and aren’t putting up huge numbers.

Our system actually has a really good depth.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Man, this is a close poll. I wonder who's gonna win?

There are still a number of guys who are likely to make a difference in the NHL. It might be more of a crapshoot, like you said, but some guys look like likely future NHLers. Soderlund, Ejdsell, and Carlsson immediately come to mind in that regard. Hell, Kampf is on this list and we all know he can play in the NHL in some capacity.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just thinking, but if Forsling is in this, shouldn't Hayden be as well. Hayden has less NHL games and is only 23.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
I like kampf but I'm not going to vote for him since I dont see him as a prospect. (As well as Hayden) I see him sticking in the nhl either here or somewhere else.

Kinda hypocritical with forsling there but their difference in potential ceiling (I beleive kampf has, give or take, reached it).

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Just thinking, but if Forsling is in this, shouldn't Hayden be as well. Hayden has less NHL games and is only 23.
When I started these polls, I stated that I didn't include anyone drafted before 2014 NHL draft. Hayden was a 2013 pick. Had to draw the line somewhere.

I realize Kampf is the same age, but I don't have all the info on every player when putting their names down.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
No not really.

This point will come for sure but not yet.
Completely disagree with this. The rest are a crapshoot to people because of exposure. Most of the remaining players play overseas. Carlsson is a good example. I mean he was second on his team in TOI in the SHL finals two years ago as a 19 year old while not on the top PP. Being depended on in key defensive situations in good pro leagues at that age is huge but you don’t get hype if you play overseas and aren’t putting up huge numbers.

Our system actually has a really good depth.
Man, this is a close poll. I wonder who's gonna win?

There are still a number of guys who are likely to make a difference in the NHL. It might be more of a crapshoot, like you said, but some guys look like likely future NHLers. Soderlund, Ejdsell, and Carlsson immediately come to mind in that regard. Hell, Kampf is on this list and we all know he can play in the NHL in some capacity.
When and on which NHL team are all of these young men going to play? (No, I don’t care whether they max out playing anywhere else.) Only so many spots available on the Hawks roster, and every team has similar, if not better, prospect depth. Unless there is a lot of turnover, perhaps only 10 or so of these prospects will get a significant amount of NHL games beyond spot play in the next five years, and not even all of them with the Hawks. And don’t forget the upcoming drafts, where more competition will be added. There’s a reason why few players drafted in the third round or beyond make it to the NHL. It’s a numbers game.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When and on which NHL team are all of these young men going to play? (No, I don’t care whether they max out playing anywhere else.) Only so many spots available on the Hawks roster, and every team has similar, if not better, prospect depth. Unless there is a lot of turnover, perhaps only 10 or so of these prospects will get a significant amount of NHL games beyond spot play in the next five years, and not even all of them with the Hawks. And don’t forget the upcoming drafts, where more competition will be added. There’s a reason why few players drafted in the third round or beyond make it to the NHL. It’s a numbers game.

Exactly. The overhype of Blackhawks' prospects has been going on for years. The optimism can be contagious but it also needs to be tempered.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
They won't all make it, but there are guys who might not make it in our top 7. And those that do make it won't make it all at the same time.

Do you prefer we don't make these polls?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Exactly. The overhype of Blackhawks' prospects has been going on for years. The optimism can be contagious but it also needs to be tempered.
Just so people are aware of the percentages, here’s a link to the Blackhawks’ drafts over the years. Some have a few making it beyond two years total worth of games, a few are fabulous, and a bunch are pathetic.

NHL and WHA Team Draft Lists at Hockeydb.com

Anyone remember Lalonde, Calnan, and Paliotta, to name a few many here thought were going to make it?

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
They won't all make it, but there are guys who might not make it in our top 7. And those that do make it won't make it all at the same time.

Do you prefer we don't make these polls?
You missed my original point. None of us can tell what’s inside someone that makes one succeed while another doesn’t. I just stated that the odds were long for anybody beyond the top 7-10 on our list, given historical data.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad