Value of: Top-2/3 LD to the Habs

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
Put Petry back with Edmundson,when Chiarot comes back put him back with Weber and limit there 5-5 ice time and go get Savard to play with Romanov.

Reactions: psychonaut

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Put Petry back with Edmundson,when Chiarot comes back put him back with Weber and limit there 5-5 ice time and go get Savard to play with Romanov.
We need a solid dman for Weber.

Esa Lindell? NMC, term and contract aside, would he interest them? Does it overcomplicate the Seattle situation?
I would be interested in Lindell.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Maybe but we don’t need a Ryan Graves
Ryan Graves has morphed into a physical, shot blocking, long and active stick, stay at home and PK unit #1 D man. His puck moving leaves you wanting more in that regard. If you need a very good defensive defender, he’s very valuable. If you want a puck mover with some Ozone chops, he’s not your guy.

Avs can’t even contemplate trading Graves this season. He’s been a defensive upgrade on Erik Johnson. They have the 2nd best PK in the NHL and Graves is their best PK player. By a lot.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Wouldn’t work cap wise

plus bergevin isn’t giving up his best d prospect

Id counter with a first 21 , chariot and Harris
And Nashville would counter with a, “no thanks. We’ve got several better offers than that”

there are lesser players than Ekholm that could fetch such a package. That 2021 1st isn’t very valuable as your base.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Guhle + 2021 2nd for Ekholm.
I’m aiming for something fair. You get a real good defender with term on a reasonable contract for two playoff runs, the base is a real good prospect.

ekholm would get a top 4 role for the Habs. Cant acquire that for cap dumps and 2021 picks in a weak draft.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
No chance.

Murray is the best LHD on the market if Ekholm is no longer available. Devils arent giving him away for a 3rd.

As for requesting Ty Smith - GTFO.
No he isn't. He falls into the same conversation as guys like Oleksiak, Merrill and Reilly. None of these guys are scoring a goal any time soon, but some of them actually tilt the ice in the other direction when they're out there.

What would New Jersey even do with Murray if no one was willing to pay the premium? He's a UFA. It's a buyer's market right now.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Ryan Graves has morphed into a physical, shot blocking, long and active stick, stay at home and PK unit #1 D man. His puck moving leaves you wanting more in that regard. If you need a very good defensive defender, he’s very valuable. If you want a puck mover with some Ozone chops, he’s not your guy.

Avs can’t even contemplate trading Graves this season. He’s been a defensive upgrade on Erik Johnson. They have the 2nd best PK in the NHL and Graves is their best PK player. By a lot.
Yes we want a puck mover with ozone chops .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I’m aiming for something fair. You get a real good defender with term on a reasonable contract for two playoff runs, the base is a real good prospect.

ekholm would get a top 4 role for the Habs. Cant acquire that for cap dumps and 2021 picks in a weak draft.
Look for something other than guhle than because bergevin won’t be letting him go . Rather than saying that Ekholm stays put than , we can just move on now .

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Oleksiak + Pavelski VS 1st, 2nd, Poehling/Mysak
I’d love to have Pavelski and giant Oleksiak, but at 7m + 2.2m cap, that’s pretty high. That said, I’m not sure Dallas want to deal Pavelski.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

That's what I was saying, not the type of D man where looking for. Didn't said he was bad

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yes we want a puck mover with ozone chops .
Avs don’t have one of those to trade you. Byram and Girard are not on the table.

Puck moving D are expensive in trade. Won’t be getting those for a hodgepodge of mid round picks and bottom of roster players. You’ll be parting with singular more value assets like Caufield for a top four puck mover. The idea of quantity for quality won’t get your GM anywhere.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
That's what I was saying, not the type of D man where looking for. Didn't said he was bad

Habs looking for a young PMD 2nd or 3rd lines ie Toews or Girard, the cost would be fairly high.

Koti or Suzuki
Primeau

This would solve AVs need for a 3C and G. Doubt either team would make this deal. The more affordable option would be Graves. Expansion Draft forced the AVs on the availability, but trade value would increase after the draft.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Habs looking for a young PMD 2nd or 3rd lines ie Toews or Girard, the cost would be fairly high.

Koti or Suzuki
Primeau

This would solve AVs need for a 3C and G. Doubt either team would make this deal. The more affordable option would be Graves. Expansion Draft forced the AVs on the availability, but trade value would increase after the draft.

In what world is Toews worth one of the 5 best goalie prospect in the keague and a 20yo Top6C? You just gave 2 low 2nd rd picks for the guy, he's played a food half season... his value hasn't increased that much.

Reactions: Vachon23

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
In what world is Toews worth one of the 5 best goalie prospect in the keague and a 20yo Top6C? You just gave 2 low 2nd rd picks for the guy, he's played a food half season... his value hasn't increased that much.

Toews is signed to a cheap deal. He's outpacing every Habs Dman and averaging TOI (24.33), scoring (21 pts) and +/- (20). Ranked against every player top 5 in every category.

AVs trade for 2-2nds is irrelevant. Primeau was a 7th round or 199th and should not be viewed in a trade for an equivalent pick. Toews numbers support a top ranked DMan. This is no different than Primeau being a lowly pick is considered a top ranked G, but this is AHL level.

Nonetheless, it's unlikely either Towes/Girard/Byram are available unless for a huge return. Graves was discussed earlier as more realistic due to the surplus for possibly 2-2nds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad