9. Boston Bruins - .667%
10. Washington Capitals - .650

11. Colorado Avalanche - .639%
12. Edmonton Oilers .609%
13. Pittsburgh Penguins .605%
14. NY Islanders - .600
15. Chicago Blackhawks - .591 %

Thoughts? Surprises?
I don't believe the Leafs finish atop the North and I'm surprised by the Panthers.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Who in the North is going to beat them?

They're the only legit playoff team in that division.
I don't know. It could be a couple of different teams. They're one three game skid away from being caught and there's a ton of runway left. They're playing really well right now and full credit where it's due. But I think they hit a rough patch like basically every team in the NHL tends to do at some point in a season.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Top 15 NHL Standings by "Points Percentage"

1. Toronto Maple Leafs - .773%
2. Tampa Bay Lightning - .763%
3. Las Vegas Golden Knights - .735%
4. Florida Panthers - .725%
5. Philadelphia Flyers - .676%

6. Winnipeg Jets - .675%
7. Carolina Hurricanes - .675%
8. Minnesota Wild - .667%
9. Boston Bruins - .667%
10. Washington Capitals - .650

11. Colorado Avalanche - .639%
12. Edmonton Oilers .609%
13. Pittsburgh Penguins .605%
14. NY Islanders - .600
15. Chicago Blackhawks - .591 %

Thoughts? Surprises?

As a Minnesota fan, I didn't expect the Wild to be playing as well as they have this season....so they are a surprise to me.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Would be kinda weird if they couldn't top that division, there's no competition.
They're 3-2 against Edmonton this year and only played Winnipeg once? If you truly believe they will stay the league leading team they currently are that's cool.

I don't. A whole lot can happen in a matter of 5 games.

Reactions: CarlWising

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't know. It could be a couple of different teams. They're one three game skid away from being caught and there's a ton of runway left. They're playing really well right now and full credit where it's due. But I think they hit a rough patch like basically every team in the NHL tends to do at some point in a season.

They haven't lost 2 in a row in regulation all year in fact they have only lost 2 in a row once.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Don't need to be the "league leading team". They only need to finish on top of a garbage heap.
The division and currently leading the league runs hand in hand though which is why I think they aren't a lock. If they fall in the league standings it's because they're losing solely to division rivals.

Insidefi

Sep 22, 2016
Alberta
They're 3-2 against Edmonton this year and only played Winnipeg once? If you truly believe they will stay the league leading team they currently are that's cool.

What? Nobody argued they will stay at the top of the league. You brought up they won’t stay at the top of the North Division and when fans of other teams disagreed with you, you changed the argument... hahaha

You are right that anything can happen, but they have a winning record against all other North Division teams...

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I'm surprised FLA and PHI are in the top five and that BOS isn't higher and MIN isn't lower. That's about it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Oh I get it now. You're just an upset Oilers fan cause the Leafs beat you last night.

It doesn't matter who wins that division and who comes out of the playoffs in that division. They're going to get run over by the other top teams in the league. Whether that's Toronto, Edmonton, or Winnipeg none of them are legit cup contenders.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
What? Nobody argued they will stay at the top of the league. You brought up they won’t stay at the top of the North Division and when fans of other teams disagreed with you, you changed the argument... hahaha

You are right that anything can happen, but they have a winning record against all other North Division teams...
Again, any drop in league standing is a direct result of losing ground in your division this year.

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
I don't believe the Leafs finish atop the North and I'm surprised by the Panthers.
I get that the Leafs fans on this board can be annoying with all the "we have 20 of the top 20 players in the league and are cup locks this year" stuff every single year, but are you kidding me? Considering the shortened season we're well into it at this point, and that the Leafs don't have to play any playoff calibre teams all regular season, how does this not happen?

Even if all the Canucks young guys suddenly clicked and they went on a heater I don't see it, and that's about the most plausible story I can tell where this happens.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I think Toronto run away with first, but I could also see any playoff team in the North snuffing them out in playoffs.

If Edmonton gets them in round 1 I could see McDavid just overtaking the series on his own

Insidefi

Sep 22, 2016
Alberta
Again, any drop in league standing is a direct result of losing ground in your division this year.

Hahaha what? No it’s not? Where are you getting that idea from?

Every team in the North could finish .500 here on out and the Leafs would still be at the top of the North but move further down the league standings...

Reactions: Another AZ

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Oh I get it now. You're just an upset Oilers fan cause the Leafs beat you last night.

It doesn't matter who wins that division and who comes out of the playoffs in that division. They're going to get run over by the other top teams in the league. Whether that's Toronto, Edmonton, or Winnipeg none of them are legit cup contenders.
I fully agree with everything you said other than the first part.

I'm really not bothered by one game, no. The season series is 3-1-1. They play a lot more this year and if you're at all able to see things with a level head I think saying the North Division is already locked up is pretty stupid right now.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
The division and currently leading the league runs hand in hand though which is why I think they aren't a lock. If they fall in the league standings it's because they're losing solely to division rivals.

Who's going to challenge them in the North? Winnipeg? I can't see anyone else.

Montréal in free fall, same for Calgary. Edmonton an absolute mess defensively, and was on a hot streak due to unsustainable goaltending.

Vancouver, no. Ottawa, no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad