Top-100 Hockey Players of All-Time - Voting Results (Part 1)

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Hey @quoipourquoi

Could you put a little 2-3 sentence blurb in the OP about the project so I can turn it into an article?

Probably hold off on that. This thread will be the round-by-round results. There will be a different thread that contains the list itself (as well as links to all of the associated threads) that may be better suited for the purpose of an article. I’ll give you a heads up tomorrow when I create it.

Reactions: TheDevilMadeMe

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I am in favour of open balloting, but with strict limits.

- This should be someone that we know. Has posted a lot in the HOH or ATD section before. Big Phil, MS, Jack Slater, vadim sharifijanov, BillyShoe, pitseleh, Robert Gordon Orr, and so on. Those are some of the best candidates but I'm not saying we need to limit it to the best dozen or so. There are potentially a few hundred who'd be acceptable.

I think The Panther secretly voted and placed Gretzky seventh... :sarcasm:

Last edited:

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Bure, Fedorov, Forsberg. I expect the reinforcements to arrive for those three players swiftly.

I dunno. If Bure even shows up here it will be really late in the project, and his most ardent supporters might not have enough energy or enthusiasm to fight tooth and nail for a 95th place, especially since they can’t even vote. So, I personally wouldn’t worry too much about it.

As for Fedorov and Forsberg, I think I participated in the center project and I can’t remember there was much controversy surrounding those two. I like them both though, but I’m not in this project to lobby for anyone in particular.

You know Sentinel likes Fedorov/Datsyuk, you know Ted likes his Lindros, you know Q’s got his own favorite players, you know pappy views Litzenberger with rose tinted glasses, and I might even have a favorite player myself, but most participants here are humble enough to admit if someone was better than their guy.

I think the most important thing for your list (outside of not doing outrageous rankings) is consistency in how you rank your players. If you have a common theme/line of argument.

Last edited:

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Wow, some people actually dared to vote against the "Big Four" consensus? Sacrilege.:sarcasm:

Maurice Richard did surprisingly badly, especially compared to Beliveau. (I haven't had time to follow the discussion much, so maybe the answer to that lies there.)

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
Maurice Richard did surprisingly badly, especially compared to Beliveau. (I haven't had time to follow the discussion much, so maybe the answer to that lies there.)
The way some folks were talking about The Rocket in the preliminary threads, I had my concerns about whether or not he'd actually be a Round 1 nominee...

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I dunno. If Bure even shows up here it will be really late in the project, and his most ardent supporters might not have enough energy or enthusiasm to fight tooth and nail for a 95th place, especially since they can’t even vote. So, I personally wouldn’t worry too much about it.

As for Fedorov and Forsberg, I think I participated in the center project and I can’t remember there was much controversy surrounding those two. I like them both though, but I’m not in this project to lobby for anyone in particular.

You know Sentinel likes Fedorov/Datsyuk, you know Ted likes his Lindros, you know Q’s got his own favorite players, you know pappy views Litzenberger with rose tinted glasses, and I might even have a favorite player myself, but most participants here are humble enough to admit if someone was better than their guy.

I think the most important thing for your list (outside of not doing outrageous rankings) is consistency in how you rank your players. If you have a common theme/line of argument.

im gonna be very disappointed when the round 1 lists come out if edler wasn’t yr #120.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I know you're just being silly, but bear in mind (a) I didn't vote, of course, and (b) there are plenty of people on this forum who are adamant about Gretzky being #1, but I'm not one of them.

I was just messing around since you're an obvious fan of his (like daver is of Crosby's).

Reactions: Killion

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... I said, when voting, that Bourque, Morenz and Crosby was something of a blur. I think the results shows.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Wow very happy to see the Rocket pass here because I honestly didn't think he would make it considering what some voters thought about him.

I'm really surprised Hasek didn't make it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... And I think this our first wacky vote distribution :

Dominik Hasek30134114143367
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Only Shore has more last places : however, Hasek finished 6th

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Surprised to see so many last place votes for Hasek. Didn't get that vibe at all from the week's discussion.

Have a feeling next week is going to be very modern-era heavy. I expect 3 players to be added to the discussion tomorrow morning. The other two I can see be a lot of different players. Likely an O6 goalie and a center that played during Beatlemania.

Though this does give a chance for Hasek and Crosby to be more closely compared, I went back and forth a bunch between those two for last vote.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I wonder how many of the 6 guys who ranked Roy first also were among the 7 who ranked Hasek last. :skeptic:

I had them back to back and didn't hear 'gap' arguments. So much discussion made it apparent how competitive the two were when placed side by side.

Hasek would have been inducted if the 7 who ranked him last just put him in the middle of the pack, not even anywhere near the top.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I wonder how many of the 6 guys who ranked Roy first also were among the 7 who ranked Hasek last. :skeptic:

I had them back to back and didn't hear 'gap' arguments. So much discussion made it apparent how competitive the two were when placed side by side.

Hasek would have been inducted if the 7 who ranked him last just put him in the middle of the pack, not even anywhere near the top.
I have a feeling few, if any. I had Roy 3, Hasek 5. Any bigger gap than that felt wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad