Value of: Top 10 pick to Toronto

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Is that right? Over a 90 point point streak over 82 games played for a 2 and a half year period all at the age of 23 years old. Yeah...he ain't trending there at all. Get a clue.

I could care less if Marner or Huberdeau become HOFers, I want to see my team (FLA) win a series/go deep into playoffs again in my lifetime. That should be your focus, not some individual accolade 15-20 years down the road.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I could care less if Marner or Huberdeau become HOFers, I want to see my team (FLA) win a series/go deep into playoffs again in my lifetime. That should be your focus, not some individual accolade 15-20 years down the road.
The point WAS that a comparison with a #1 lafraniere. The point is that Marner would be an overpay even if Lafraniere succeeded to match expectations and achieve huberdeau success. These are all facts and on topic. I COULDNT care less about your homer sensitivities and player over valuations.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The point WAS that a comparison with a #1 lafraniere. The point is that Marner would be an overpay even if Lafraniere succeeded to match expectations and achieve huberdeau success. These are all facts and on topic. I COULDNT care less about your homer sensitivities and player over valuations.

Cool. Keep Marner, hes a great player, don't address that right side of the defense and keep doing what you're doing now. Seems to be working well collecting those HOFers. Those Stanley Cups are overrated anyhow

Mr. Homer to you Wendel, you so tough.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Cool. Keep Marner, hes a great player, don't address that right side of the defense and keep doing what you're doing now. Seems to be working well collecting those HOFers. Those Stanley Cups are overrated anyhow

Mr. Homer to you Wendel, you so tough.
How does a trade for a Lafraniere pick address defense exactly?

MMMOOOWWW

Dec 1, 2017
BC
And you said overager. Robertson is an August birthday. He’s like 2 months younger than all those top 10 players getting drafted in a month. He’s a really good prospect.
And also. Kid had an NHL playoff goal vs Columbus. One of the best defensive teams in the NHL. He gets you from 15th to 8OA. Maybe higher. Trust me. He’s Toronto’s best prospect.
He was born September 11, if he was born 4 days later he would be in this years draft.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
How does a trade for a Lafraniere pick address defense exactly?

Well if some TOR fans are willing to spend half their cap on 4 forwards, why not go after AP and have 3 forwards and arguably 3 really good D locked up for at least 2 years (Rielly, Muzzin, AP)

Or trade 15th for Manson? Or add to 15th to get a better RD? Hamilton?
Sign DeMelo/Tanev level guy.
Nylander jumps up to top RW, Robertson will likely get a good look to replace some offense.

There are options, I get Marner is an elite player but if it balances out your team to have a real shot at winning with a better team game, you gotta give it a serious thought.

For me, itd be somewhat comparable to Huberdeau being on the block if it returns a top 3 D with some term and 1st in this year's draft.
We then re-sign one of Dadonov or Hoffman.
Draft two decent picks at 12th and hopefully somewhere in the mid teens. Or flip one of the 1sts for a player of need.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
lol.

So basically Drysdale vs Nylander AND Schneider

easy pass

In this year's draft #4 >>> #15. Nylander is making almost 7 mil and he's not exactly a franchise guy. So you're getting a chance to draft a high end prospect along with opening up some cap space. If anything, maybe Detroit adds a late 2nd rounder.

the Chad Kilger

Apr 30, 2020
As an nhl player? Yes. He hasn’t even played a game in the league has he? Not to mention his numbers in junior were nothing special. Trust me, no team is going to make that deal.

Sorry, didn’t realize he played in the play in series. Even still, that’s just four games. He is still very much an unknown as an nhl player.

lol what a terrible take. robertson was a few days away from being in this draft in which he would likely be a top 5 pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad