Top 10 Leagues Right Now;

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
IMO, this summer has helped EPL separate itself from the other leagues. They brought tons of talents while every other league except L1 lost theirs.
As I said, the coaching has helped Ligue 1 tremendously, but keeping the players and bringing tons of new talent (Messi, Donnarumma, Wij, Ramos, Hakimi, Mendes for PSG, but also Saliba, Guendouzi, Under, Boadu, Stengs, Gerson, Kluivert, Todibo, Sulemana, Santamaria, Majer, Shaqiri, Boateng, Milik, Lirola, Harit, Nubel, etc...) while keeping those who were supposed to leave (Aouar, Doku, Tcouhameni, Kamara, Paqueta, Guimaraes, Denayer, Bade, Boudaoui, Gouiri, etc...).

If these are talented players who make a championship great, we have all the value of L1 in one post. Player who have failed and have left no trace in Italy. PSGhas killed a league that has never historically been relevant.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
If these are talented players who make a championship great, we have all the value of L1 in one post. Player who have failed and have left no trace in Italy. PSGhas killed a league that has never historically been relevant.
Never relevant? ASSE was relevant. Marseille as well. Bordeaux. Lyon. Just an absurd take.

Reactions: gary69

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Those are talents. Gerson and Paqueta are Brazil NT players for instance. Milike scored 17 goals in a single Serie A season so lol. Some players don't make it in their first experience or are better fit in other leagues or different circumstances. Thiago Silva failed in Portugal.
But of course you know that. Serie A is filled with players who failed elsewhere. Osimhen is a goal a game player right now while being a goal every other game in L1. Immobile is scoring at will in Italy but couldn't cut it in the Buli. Lukaku never scored 30 goals until he reached Italy. Kamara and Benatia didn't cut it in France. Muriel sucked in Sevilla (8 goals in Liga, 22 in Serie A), etc, etc, etc...
If you seriously think those players aren't talented, you are making a fool of yourself.
But you know that. Hopefully.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Never relevant? ASSE was relevant. Marseille as well. Bordeaux. Lyon. Just an absurd take.
It is the fifth championship in order of importance, it has never had the same appeal as the other four. Historically. And it still doesn't have it.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Those are talents. Gerson and Paqueta are Brazil NT players for instance. Milike scored 17 goals in a single Serie A season so lol. Some players don't make it in their first experience or are better fit in other leagues or different circumstances. Thiago Silva failed in Portugal.
But of course you know that. Serie A is filled with players who failed elsewhere. Osimhen is a goal a game player right now while being a goal every other game in L1. Immobile is scoring at will in Italy but couldn't cut it in the Buli. Lukaku never scored 30 goals until he reached Italy. Kamara and Benatia didn't cut it in France. Muriel sucked in Sevilla (8 goals in Liga, 22 in Serie A), etc, etc, etc...
If you seriously think those players aren't talented, you are making a fool of yourself.
But you know that. Hopefully.

Evilo you can continue your pro-l1 crusade as long as you like, but it has a long way to go to gain credibility in my eyes. And as always, you can't buy everything with petrodollars.

I can't believe you put Gerson and Lirola hahah. Kluivert lol.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It is the fifth championship in order of importance, it has never had the same appeal as the other four. Historically. And it still doesn't have it.
Historically, no doubt.
The problem is that you still live off Serie A's history when the last italian team to win a european cup was 11 years ago and the EL/UEFA was 22 years ago.
You can't live in the past. Serie A isn't what it once was.
And clearly, L1 has been a better league this year, which is the question asked here.
If the question was a historical one, I wouldn't obviously deny it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Evilo you can continue your pro-l1 crusade as long as you like, but it has a long way to go to gain credibility in my eyes. And as always, you can't buy everything with petrodollars.

I can't believe you put Gerson and Lirola hahah. Kluivert lol.
I don't care about your eyes. You can be blind all you want.
And to deny Gerson's talent, who is playing for Brazil, is a good way to shoot your own credibility.
Lirola is a very good RB. Too bad you missed the boat on him.
Kluivert's talents were never in doubt. His impact however is in doubt. Just like in Serie A, he hasn't made any impact yet in L1. But I have faith that if he ever puts it together, Galtier will be the man to do it.
Fact is L1 brought some talent this summer while everyone fled Serie A.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Historically, no doubt.
The problem is that you still live off Serie A's history when the last italian team to win a european cup was 11 years ago and the EL/UEFA was 22 years ago.
You can't live in the past. Serie A isn't what it once was.
And clearly, L1 has been a better league this year, which is the question asked here.
If the question was a historical one, I wouldn't obviously deny it.
You can write it every day and as often as you want, there has never been competition and there never will be, at any level and you keep trying to overturn history. And no, L1 is no better than SerieA whether you like it or not it's the toughest football league in the world.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I don't care about your eyes. You can be blind all you want.
And to deny Gerson's talent, who is playing for Brazil, is a good way to shoot your own credibility.
Lirola is a very good RB. Too bad you missed the boat on him.
Kluivert's talents were never in doubt. His impact however is in doubt. Just like in Serie A, he hasn't made any impact yet in L1. But I have faith that if he ever puts it together, Galtier will be the man to do it.
Fact is L1 brought some talent this summer while everyone fled Serie A.
In fact we saw it at the European championship lol

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You can write it every day and as often as you want, there has never been competition and there never will be, at any level and you keep trying to overturn history. And no, L1 is no better than SerieA whether you like it or not it's the toughest football league in the world.
I loled.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Tell me what do you want to prove, and why was L1 even surpassed by the Portuguese league?
For a full 5 meaningless days.
And obviously, it still has nothing to do with this year which is in the title of this thread.
I loled when you said Serie A is the toughes tleague in the world. And then you say I'm biased. I mean come on man. That's hilarious.

Reactions: robertmac43

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The first half was Monaco's. Sociedad had 0 shot on goal and Monaco was clearly superior. Was the other way round in the second half though. Monaco should have closed the deal in the first half but they have trouble finishing these days.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So we are evaluating leagues based on two match days now?
I don't know if you read the whole conversation, but it was my point from the start.
Anyone watching L1 right now is just in football heaven. I don't think the league has ever been this strong and this spectacular every weekend.

If you guys get the chance, get a replay of either OM/Lens of last week or Sainte/OL of this week. AMAZING.
And you can tell me OM lost two points against Moscow, it doesn't change the fact that game against Lens was HUGE level, technically, tactically and physically.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad