Speculation: Top 10 Leafs scoring leaders for 2019-2020 - #2

Who will be #2 in points for the leafs in 2019-2020?

• Zach Hyman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

• Andreas Johnsson

• Morgan Reilly

• Tyson Barrie

• Jake Muzzin

• Travis Dermott

• Alex Kerfoot

• Jason Spezza

• Ilya Mikheyev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
It's that time of year again where we can speculate who will lead our team in points for the 2019-2020 season. I will do a poll for the next 10 days or so to determine who Leafs HF thinks will be our scoring leaders. This is also assuming Mitch Marner resigns and there are no significant roster changes.

Matthew's takes the #1 spot based on your votes. Last year Auston had 37 goals, 36 assists for 73 points in 68 games. My guess is he scores 95-100 points over 82 games this season.

1. Auston Matthew's (58.2% 124 votes)

My choice for #2 is Mitch Marner. What say you?

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
How many points do you think nylander is going to get?

Tavares is a lock for 80+
I honestly think last year was a fluke for Nylander and if he's back with Auston for a full season I see him redeeming himself for slightly over PPG. His confidence and conditioning was very low last year.

I'm thinking 80-85 for both Tavares and Nylander, with the slight edge to Willy.

If he plays the way he did with Sweden, this will be a fun year to watch.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I honestly think last year was a fluke for Nylander and if he's back with Auston for a full season I see him redeeming himself for slightly over PPG. His confidence and conditioning was very low last year.

I'm thinking 80-85 for both Tavares and Nylander, with the slight edge to Willy.

If he plays the way he did with Sweden, this will be a fun year to watch.

That seems like a bit much of a jump imo. His career high is 61 points, I dont think he will be able to add ~22 points to that, especially after this past season.

The willy we see play on international ice is not the same one we see on nhl ice. There isn't enough time and space.

Reactions: CreeksideStrangler

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Marner is going to be our leading scorer and hopefully is going to be among top scorers in this league pretty soon

Yeah it's sad that auston won again this year. Marner will get 90+ points and be our leading scorer but posters will still vote auston next year

Reactions: Lauro

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
That seems like a bit much of a jump imo. His career high is 61 points, I dont think he will be able to add ~22 points to that, especially after this past season.

The willy we see play on international ice is not the same one we see on nhl ice. There isn't enough time and space.
I agree with you that it's a little bit of a stretch. Marner jumped from 69 points to 94 (25 point jump) when playing with Tavares. I think a confident Nylander playing with Matthew's (who I think will have a massive year 95-100 points) will boost his numbers a bit a la tavares and mitch.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I agree with you that it's a little bit of a stretch. Marner jumped from 69 points to 94 (25 point jump) when playing with Tavares. I think a confident Nylander playing with Matthew's (who I think will have a massive year 95-100 points) will boost his numbers a bit a la tavares and mitch.

I don't really agree that Tavares "boosted" Marner's numbers though. Marner produced at a 95 point pace when playing with Kadri, too. (~35 game sample)

Reactions: DivInit23

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
It doesn't matter they both play for the same team and both are elite level

So?

It is nice when posters can be objective and vote based on actual performance.

Marner has been our leading scorer for 2 straight years.

Goal scorers like matthews dont get enough assists to make them the highest producers and auston is not the best playmaker so I dont see him getting over 95 points.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

True marner did jump 25 points, but he did so while on his elc and he showed statistical improvements each year.

Nylander has scored scored less goals and has a worse ppg each season since his 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad