Speculation: Top 10 Leafs scoring leaders for 2019-2020 - #2

Who will be #2 in points for the leafs in 2019-2020?

• Zach Hyman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

• Andreas Johnsson

• Morgan Reilly

• Tyson Barrie

• Jake Muzzin

• Travis Dermott

• Alex Kerfoot

• Jason Spezza

• Ilya Mikheyev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
I don't really agree that Tavares "boosted" Marner's numbers though. Marner produced at a 95 point pace when playing with Kadri, too. (~35 game sample)
I believe Tavares boosted Marner just as much as Marner boosted Tavares. They are both elite players who will boost each other's stats. Also dont believe Marner reaches 95 points with Kadri/Komorav over 82 games.

Reactions: kb

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
True marner did jump 25 points, but he did so while on his elc and he showed statistical improvements each year.

Nylander has scored scored less goals and has a worse ppg each season since his 2nd.
Well his rookie and sophomore seasons were pretty much identical, except for Auston missing 20 games. Very plausible that he could have an extra 10 points in those 20 games Matthew's missed.

Last year was definitely bad for Willy, but I'm not going to put too much stock into last season alone. With his holdout he was not very well conditioned and probably lost some confidence. Let's see what he can do in a full season this year. His best years are still ahead.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Going with Matthews this year, he'll be close with Tavares.
Can't find him on the list to vote for, so voted 'Other'.

Marner
Matthews
Tavares

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I gotta go with Marner here because not only will he be the teams leading scorer he will also surely be the teams second leading scorer.
I see it as
Marner
Marner
Marner

Reactions: Leafs1993

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
True marner did jump 25 points, but he did so while on his elc and he showed statistical improvements each year.

Nylander has scored scored less goals and has a worse ppg each season since his 2nd.

Nylanders 5v5 scoring had a big improvement in season 2. What dipped his production was pp related (Matthew's also less effective during his sophomore year here)

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't really agree that Tavares "boosted" Marner's numbers though. Marner produced at a 95 point pace when playing with Kadri, too. (~35 game sample)

He also had fairly mediocre production during the first 35% of his sophmore season prior to JTs arrival . So yes, theres some evidence suggesting hed be able to hit that 90 point level without Tavares, it's also hardly definitively overwhelming evidence

Reactions: kb

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I voted Tavares because I believe Marner either sits the season, or starts it late, or is traded.

I don't believe Marner is a contributor much this season.

If I am wrong and I really hope I am, it definitely is Marner and Matthews fighting for #1 and #2 spots all season long. I also think Nylander and Tavares will put up a battle 3rd spot as well. I expect a huge season from Nylander.

Reactions: Leafs1993

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He also had fairly mediocre production during the first 35% of his sophmore season prior to JTs arrival . So yes, theres some evidence suggesting hed be able to hit that 90 point level without Tavares, it's also hardly definitively overwhelming evidence

What does the first 35% of Marner's sophmore season have to do with anything? He's clearly a MUCH better player now than he was then...

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
The suggestion he was destined to hit 90 points this third season with or without Tavares

He very well could have! Again, he produced at a 95 point sample over a large sample size prior to Tavares arriving.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What does the first 35% of Marner's sophmore season have to do with anything? He's clearly a MUCH better player now than he was then...
Why is "on pace for" only allowed for arguments within the context of boosting Marner's stock?

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Why is "on pace for" only allowed for arguments within the context of boosting Marner's stock?

Well because he only player ~35 games with Kadri... and that’s the context I was using pace for.

Are you disagreeing that Marner now is much better than Marner in October 2017?

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Well because he only player ~35 games with Kadri... and that’s the context I was using pace for.

Are you disagreeing that Marner now is much better than Marner in October 2017?
Do you think Marner hits 95 this past season with Kadri and Komarov as his linemates? Marner can carry a line without a doubt, but I'm thinking he's a 70-80 point player with those linemates.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Do you think Marner hits 95 this past season with Kadri and Komarov as his linemates? Marner can carry a line without a doubt, but I'm thinking he's a 70-80 point player with those linemates.

I think he can play at a 90 point pace with kadri, especially if our PP performed better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->