Top 10 hitters of all time

Who are your top 10 hitters of all time?

• Eric Lindros

• Peter Forsberg

• Darius Kasparaitis

• Niklas Kronwall

• John Scott

• Alex Ovechkin

• Cam Neely

• Leo Boivin

• Cal Clutterbuck

• Scott Stevens

• Zdeno Chara

• Brendan Shanahan

• Wendel Clark

• Dion Pfaneuf

• Larry Robinson

• Denis Potvin

• Gordie Howe

• Shea Weber

• Rob Blake

• Marty Mcsorley

• Dave Semenko

• Tie Domi

• Chris Simon

• Aleksej Kasatonov

• Nicklas Lidstrom

• Bobby Orr

• Ray Bourque

• Doug Harvey

• Chris Pronger

• Other (write)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Some other names that come to mind:
Vladimir Konstantinov
Bryan Marchment
Andy Sutton
Brendan Witt
Brooks Orpik
Garnet Exelby
Denis Gauthier
Derek Boogaard
Raffi Torres
Patrick Kaleta
Colby Armstrong
Jordin Tootoo
Dale Hunter
Jim Korn
Nick Fotiu
Cam Janssen
Tie Domi

Last edited:
Reactions: CapsJunkie

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
From that list I only picked about 6 guys that I think likely deserve to be in or near the top 10.

Stevens number one, easy pick.
Kronwall. I think he may have a case for second biggest open ice hitter all time behind Stevens. He doesnt have the tough game in the corners or anything but open ice? He might be number 2
Rob Blake. Guy was a hammer. He wasnt actually great defensively, he was an offensive D who hit really hard. So hard that people assumed he was really good defensively.
Clark and Lindros are likely the two hardest hitting forwards I've seen.
Neely just a hair behind these 2 for hardest hitting forward.

Other thoughts:
-Ovechkin hit really hard for a top player in the league. But when youre talking all time hitters he doesnt belong. He doesnt do it consistently (nor should he, hes too good)
-Vlad Konstantinov could possibly be on this list but not sure he did it long enough. He was easily number 2 in the league behind Stevens. Not sure hes got enough time played to really qualify, but no accident he ends VERY high on this list.
-Andy Sutton killed guys
- Chris Neil should maybe belong in this conversation
- Tootoo killed guys too, might be the best pound for pound and one of the best as well.
- saw someone mention Steve Webb. Not enough time in the league but coulda been there, his highlights are hilarious. Same with Hollweg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would put Vlad Konstantinov on the list. Not sure he'd be top 10, but he's in the conversation. He was a brick wall on skates. And one of the last few hip check artists.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
From that list I only picked about 6 guys that I think likely deserve to be in or near the top 10.

Stevens number one, easy pick.
Kronwall. I think he may have a case for second biggest open ice hitter all time behind Stevens. He doesnt have the tough game in the corners or anything but open ice? He might be number 2
Rob Blake. Guy was a hammer. He wasnt actually great defensively, he was an offensive D who hit really hard. So hard that people assumed he was really good defensively.
Clark and Lindros are likely the two hardest hitting forwards I've seen.
Neely just a hair behind these 2 for hardest hitting forward.

Other thoughts:
-Ovechkin hit really hard for a top player in the league. But when youre talking all time hitters he doesnt belong. He doesnt do it consistently (nor should he, hes too good)
-Vlad Konstantinov could possibly be on this list but not sure he did it long enough. He was easily number 2 in the league behind Stevens. Not sure hes got enough time played to really qualify, but no accident he ends VERY high on this list.
-Andy Sutton killed guys
- Chris Neil should maybe belong in this conversation
- Tootoo killed guys too, might be the best pound for pound and one of the best as well.
- saw someone mention Steve Webb. Not enough time in the league but coulda been there, his highlights are hilarious. Same with Hollweg
He is consistently top 8-15th of all forwards in the league for hits per year. Couldn't be more consistent

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If we're doing 'all-time' then Eddie Shore has gotta be on there. He was the most-feared player ever. He broke Ace Baily's skull and his nickname was "Old Blood and Guts". I'm certain that 80% of the league in those days was tougher than Nic freakin' Lidstrom.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Chris Chelios, Scott Stevens, Brendan Shanahan, Mark Messier, Ted Lindsay, Paul Coffey, Gordie Howe, Rob Blake, Tim Horton, Chris Pronger, Bill Gadsby, Al MacInnis, Bobby Clarke, Brad Park, Dino Ciccarelli, Eric Lindros, Fern Flaman, Denis Potvin​

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
How on earth did you come up with this list? Some of the omissions are egregious but some of the inclusions are just laughable. Lidstrom?? Really?

Just felt that I had to include the best Dmen ever like Lidstrom, Bourque and Orr, not that anyone will vote for them just interesting to see how people view them in the hitting department.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
What do you mean by best hitters?

Like quality of their hits or quantity of hits (like their overall willingness to hit)?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Some other names that come to mind:
Vladimir Konstantinov
Bryan Marchment
Andy Sutton
Brendan Witt
Brooks Orpik
Garnet Exelby
Denis Gauthier
Derek Boogaard
Raffi Torres
Patrick Kaleta
Colby Armstrong
Jordin Tootoo
Dale Hunter
Jim Korn
Nick Fotiu
Cam Janssen
Tie Domi
Completely forgot about Sutton, 100% he wasn't as well known but he's definitely in there.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Jordin Tootoo's in my top 10. Just wrecked dudes and did it at 5'9", bowling ball on skates that one.

And..

Patrick Kaleta probably isn't top 10, but for how little he actually played.. lotta dirty hits too, but the opponent knew when he was out there.

Reactions: DJN21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad