Player Discussion Top 10 greatest Habs all-time & your 10 personal favorites since you started watching

PP Subban

Nov 9, 2006
Was a little too young to remember the early 90’s. Pretty tough to make this list.

1. Price
2. Koivu
3. Kovalev
4. Markov
5. Souray
6. Pacioretty
7. Theodore
8. Gallagher
9. Zednik
10. A.Kostitsyn

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
My personal all time favs Lafleur Robinson Chelios Dryden Roy C. Lemiuex Carbonneau Richer Gainey Muller Honorable mentions:........ Shutt..........Kovalev...........Nilan
Nilan is a good HM. He is an underrated player. He was often creating chances with his speed and tenacity on the forecheck. He was very good for a “tough guy”.

John Ferguson should be considered for an HM. He cast a pretty long shadow in his day, considered the toughest man in the league by his peers. Also a talented player; could play in the top 6 at his peek and play on special teams.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Nilan is a good HM. He is an underrated player. He was often creating chances with his speed and tenacity on the forecheck. He was very good for a “tough guy”.

John Ferguson should be considered for an HM. He cast a pretty long shadow in his day, considered the toughest man in the league by his peers. Also a talented player; could play in the top 6 at his peek and play on special teams.
I agree on Nilan because I was not a kid when I watched him. Ferguson I was a kid but I don't remember seing him play on the top 6. There was too many talent in Habs team in the 60's. But yes, he was a good player and a natural fighter. He had that kind of face that scares people, I mean he had the face of the gangsters of the black and white movies of the 50's.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Best habs games i remember? not in order, the first game back for Koivu after cancer, that 15 minute standing ovation was history, this is hockey in Montreal, no where else would do this.. second, the habs comback against the Rangers, 5-0 Rangers when the entire crowd started to cheer the habs on every play, you had to see this, the sheer will of the fans to give the Habs a HUGE boost, the entire Ranger team was in awe of the Habs fans, wondering what the hell is going on. Again only in Montreal this happens. Third never forget game I remember were the historic words " And the Habs win in overtime AGAIN! " 11 games in overtime and each a WIN, what a year, again only in Montreal. Now I go back to MTL vs those broad street bullies. Cup finals and MTL a complete sweep, The big three taking on Schultz and Schultz losing all three fight and then gets thrown out of the game. The Habs against the Russians. 3-3. Most intense hockey game I ever saw EVER.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
For exemple I put Mats Naslund and Stephane Richer on my list earlier. Nobody else have them.

jeez..I am too old for this board..at 45 .. lol

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
All time:
1. Beliveau
2. M Richard
3. Harvey
4. Lafleur
5. Robinson
6. Morenz
7. this is too hard and subjective

Since I started watching
1. Koivu
2. Price
3. Markov
4. Kovalev
5. Plekanec
6. Subban
7. Patches
8. Hamrlik
9. Gallagher
10. Eller/Emelin(my favourites, f off)
11. Weber

Least favourite top 10
1-9. Desharnais
10: Dwight King

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Favorites
1) Chris Nilan
2) Patrick Roy
3) Guy Lafleur
4) Larry Robinson
5) Craig the hammer Ludwig
6) Mats Naslund
7) Guy Lapointe
8) Jacques Lemaire
9) P.K Subban
10) Jean Beliveau ( should be at the top but I started watching hockey only in his last few seasons )
All game changers in their own way

Reactions: OldCraig71

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Best Habs All-Time

(Honestly, I was really tempted to put Doug Harvey at number one. He's seriously underrated.)

M Richard
Harvey
Beliveau
Lafleur
Morenz
Plante
Robinson
Dryden
H Richard
Roy

Faves since I've been watching

Lafleur
Robinson
Price
Richer
Subban
Roy
Chelios
Carbonneau
Naslund
Muller

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Best Habs All-Time

(Honestly, I was really tempted to put Doug Harvey at number one. He's seriously underrated.)

M Richard
Harvey
Beliveau
Lafleur
Morenz
Plante
Robinson
Dryden
H Richard
Roy

Faves since I've been watching

Lafleur
Robinson
Price
Richer
Subban
Roy
Chelios
Carbonneau
Naslund
Muller

I think that Lafleur is seriously underrated on this board. Flower was considered the best player in the world with Dionne for 6 straight years. It was not the case for Beliveau and even the Rocket in their prime

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The all-time guys are obvious so I won't go there but I do want to list some guys that had an impact on me and I enjoyed their time as habs.
Lyle Odelin
Bobby Smith
Guy Carbonneau
Jaroslav Halak
Mike Cammalleri
Steve Penney
Dominic Moore
Alexander Radulov
Lars Eller
Mike Komisarek
Emelin
Shane Corson
John Leclair
Paul Dipetro
James Wiznewski
Petr Svboda
Just to name a few.

Reactions: Huety Louis

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
Favourites:

1) Garth Murray
2) Jan Bulis
3) Niklas Sundstrom
4) Chris Higgins
5) David Desharnais
6) Brock Trotter
7) Alexander Perezhogin
8) Andrei Kostitsyn
9) Richard Zednik
10) Andreas Dackell

in all seriousness:

1) Koivu
2) Kovalev
3) Cammalleri
4) Vanek
5) Gallagher
6) Subban
7) Higgins
8) Plekanec
9) Ryder
10) Desharnais

HM: Markov, Gorges, Zednik

Dirby Kach

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2009
Least favourite top 10
1-9. Desharnais

DD is in the top 5 scoring centres of this millenium for Montreal. Why the hate?
He's also played more NHL playoff games than our franchise since he left here.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
My favorites
1) Koivu
2) Subban
3) Price
4) Theodore
5) Weber
6) Gallagher
7) Domi - during his first season
8) Radulov
9) Markov
10) Laraque - I’m not kidding I loved the signing it’s just to bad he had injuries

HM: Kovalchuk - I haven’t rooted for someone like I did for him in a while
Latendresse - huge fan during his first couple years

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
You have Price to low but other then that, that’s a respectable list. Props to you.
Wtf? its his PERSONAL list no one can get it wrong. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

List of when I started watching

1 - Roy
2 - Kovalev
3 - Souray
4 - Cammalleri
5 - Halak
6 - Koivu
7 - Markov
8 - Subban
9 - Bouillon
10 - Price

Last edited:

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004

Agree on Knuckles, he was more then a tough guy, he could play.

Remember Fergy playing on Jean Béliveau's line. If anyone went near number 4 they would be dealing with number 22 soon afterwards and he was nasty. Msr. Béliveau said what a difference he noticed on the ice. And Fergy had a laser wrist shot, remember the year he got 29 goals.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think that Lafleur is seriously underrated on this board. Flower was considered the best player in the world with Dionne for 6 straight years. It was not the case for Beliveau and even the Rocket in their prime
I can see arguing over Beliveau but Richard was considered the best player in the league for at least part of the 1940s. And he also went toe to toe against Gordie Howe who was arguably the best player of all-time. Richard's seriously wicked. And he takes a lot of crap for his 50 in 50 happening over WWII but it's not his fault that his prime came at that time. Moreover, his numbers were still awesome afterwards leading the league in goals four more times. Morenz was the highest scorer of all-time at one point. Richard broke that record at least in terms of goals.

Harvey... he might've been the best player in hockey. I think he's probably more underrated than anyone.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
Best:

1. Jean Beliveau
2. Maurice Richard
3. Guy Lafleur
4. Doug Harvey
5. Patrick Roy
6. Howie Morenz
7. Jacques Plante
8. Larry Robinson
9. Ken Dryden
10. Henri Richard

Favorites (since you started watching):

1. Mike Ribeiro
2. Alex Kovalev
3. Ilya Kovalchuk
4. Alexander Radulov
5. Jonathan Drouin
6. Brandan Gallagher
7. Max Domi
8. Max Pacioretty
9. Shea Weber
10. Maxime Lapierre

Favorite coach : Guy Carbonneau

The Little Viking

Jul 7, 2017
Austin TX
10 best:
  1. Beliveau
  2. Rocket
  3. Lafleur
  4. Harvey
  5. Robinson
  6. Plante
  7. Gainey
  8. Roy
  9. Markov
  10. Price
10 faves:
  1. Naslund
  2. Robinson
  3. Markov
  4. Gainey
  5. Koivu
  6. Subban
  7. Dryden
  8. Lemaire
  9. Chelios
  10. Petry

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
1a. Béliveau
1b. Roy
2a. M. Richard
2b. Lafleur
3. Harvey
4. Dryden
5. Plante
6. Robinson
7. Morenz
8. Either Gainey or Savard. Gainey was a freaking BEAST!

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I won't do the all time greatest, but here are my favourites:
1. Saku Koivu
2. Andrei Markov
3. Vincent Damphousse
4. Brendan Gallagher
5. Alexei Kovalev
6. Mats Naslund
7. Tomas Plekanec
8. Brian Savage
9. Andrei Kostitsyn
10. Peter Popovic (entirely because of his name)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad