Top 10 Flyers Fighters In The Last 20 Years

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Hockey fights are odd to me. If a player is wailing on another player but that other player gets him off balance and drags him down, who wins?
My gut tells me whoever landed more/the better hit(s). Odd stats sheets(which I have no proof of) would lead me to think whoever is on top of the heap at the end.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Hockey fights are odd to me. If a player is wailing on another player but that other player gets him off balance and drags him down, who wins?
My gut tells me whoever landed more/the better hit(s). Odd stats sheets(which I have no proof of) would lead me to think whoever is on top of the heap at the end.

I would say the guy wailing away wins. Dragging a guy down to the ice in a hockey fight is a defensive measure.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I would say the guy wailing away wins. Dragging a guy down to the ice in a hockey fight is a defensive measure.
But at the same time, especially now with the helmet/visor rule, wailing away doesn't really indicate landed punches.
I don't watch boxing so all I know by name is Michael Buffer, where is he at when we need him?

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
My memory of Fridge is him getting knocked out by Boogaard and Orr in the same year. He was with the Ducks when he got knocked out by Boogaard, though. Poor guy went from the would-be Cup winner to the worst team in the league that year. I also remember him in NHL 07 for the PS2 because the default rosters had him on the first line with Andy McDonald and Selanne. :laugh:

Cote was useless but I remember him two punching Andre Roy

Roy went ape**** on the bench afterwards. Torts had to calm him down, lol. The video's on YouTube but I couldn't get it to embed.

EDIT: Got it

So he got KTFO and was yelling at Cote why? Sit down dummy

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
My favorite and the best fighter in the last 20 years, is hands down Lindros, he would just beat the brakes off of guys, even make the enforcers of that era look pedestrian, then after beating someone’s ass he’d go score and after that check someone like a run away train, guy was an absolute nightmare for opponents

Reactions: FrustratedFlyer

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Craig Berube
Donald Brashear
Dan Carcillo
Riley Cote
Todd Fedoruk
Chris McAllister
Zac Rinaldo
Jay Rosehill
Tom Sestito
Jody Shelley

edit: oh wait, I posted list of the most useless players... oh wait, they are actually the same list...
Needs more Asham.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Going by strict memory here, but wasn't there an amazing sequence where Lindros and Brown were back to back smacking everyone attacking them?

BTW, Brown was the ultimate beast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad